Your viewing journal

mangaman74 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Azumanga Daioh
Also, not really sure where to put this so I might as well put it here. I just opened the box for volume 5 and discovered it came with a pin of Chiyo's Dad. I then also opened Volume 6 to see if that had any goodies and found a pin of this Tiger that I actually don't recognize from the show.
[spoilerbutton]
23672064876_fb364b0fbd_c.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Pretty unexpected. I bought this used so I have no idea if these were put in there by the seller or if they came with the volumes. I can't find any mention of them on the boxes of the volumes nor the big artbox they all come in.
I got the original ADV US dvd singles back in the day. There were 5 pins released across 4 of the 6 volumes (2 came with the volume 1 with artbox release).

I see, thanks for the info. I got the Madman release (Still ADV) so I'm not sure if they were the same. I assume if there were 5 at least one of them would be necoconeco. Kind of wish I got that one. Oh well.

Gosick ep 16 - 21
Fullmetal Alchemist ep 34 - 36
Haikyu ep 11
The Asterisk War ep 11
Young Jack Black ep 11
Fairy Tail ep 263
Is The Order a Rabbit ep 10
Utawarerumono The False Faces ep 11

Black Lagoon episodes 9-12 (COMPLETE)
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage episodes 1-4
Young Black Jack episode 11
The Asterisk War episode 11
Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya episode 10

World Trigger - Episodes 26-30
So Toei somehow managed to take less than four minutes of in-show action and turn it into a 22:35 long episode. Are they openly mocking us at this point?

Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 22 and 23

Episode 22: I always though Osaka had the look of a serial killer about her...

Episode 23: Now I know how to catch an Osaka. Where's my fishing rod?!

Berserk The Movie I: The Egg of the King

Great start to the trilogy. It's been awhile since I've seen the original show but this just reminded me why I love it. The pacing felt a little quick (Did the three year jump happen that quickly in the original series?) but other than that this was a gory, action filled film that I thought was fantastic and lays the groundwork for the character building that will happen in the coming movies, assuming it follows the same course as the show.

I'm going to watch all three before I write down any detailed thoughts, so look out for that after I've seen them all.

Due to my OCD with only watching one show at a time, the fact Monster is 74 episodes long means i've decided I need to up my anime viewing per night so that I can blitz through this mother. I usually only watch 2 maybe 3 episodes a night, but i'm going to have to force myself to watch about 4 an evening if I want this done by Christmas (and with an ever growing back log, I can't dwell too long on it!). Fortunately for me, I can't see this being a difficult thing because the show is just fantastic and extremely gripping, with the "one more episode" feeling upon the conclusion of each one.

Up to episode 19, Great story telling, some excellent side characters and story arcs.

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 11 - I know I've said this before but this show has so much potential to become something special. Sure it's confusing at times, with the back & forth timelines but I love it! There's a good amount of depth to this show, things that may seem irrelevant hold meaning to the overall story & the characters journey (& It's always fun to see plot come together in such a way)
Some great moments in this episode. Very excited for how this season will end & the next will become. I'm guessing Season 2 will stick to present time, as it looks like we're hitting the point where we find the trigger that forces Jiro to leave & turn on the Superhuman Bureau within the next two episodes.

Please don't go bad on me, this could be a special show (for me) if all goes well.

Last edited by a moderator:
World Trigger - Episode 31-38

I'm not sure what's worse for Osamu, being betrayed by the entirety of Border or having a large portion of Border want to sleep with his mother...

Also, was she really encouraging Osamu to sleep with Chika?

Highschool of the Dead - Episodes 1 & 2 (SUB)
Durarara!!x2 - Episodes 7 - 12 + 4.5 (DUB)
Sword Art Online II - Episodes 7 - 17 (DUB)
Pocket Monsters XYZ - Episode 1

This is probably the most I've watched for a while now. Trying to get up to date with Aniplex sets for the most part.
I watched Pokemon XYZ on a complete whim. I really liked the opening song and the show itself is actually pretty well animated nowadays. That said I did notice a bit of re-used animation.The strangest thing for me though was probably hearing Yuki Kaji in the show...

Attack on Titan Junior High episodes 10-11
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans episode 11
Dragon Ball Super episode 23
Hunter x Hunter (2011) episode 43
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU episodes 1-2
One Punch Man episode 11

Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 24-26 (Complete)

Great last few episodes. So happy to see Sakaki's cat based dreams come true and graduation episodes always get to me.

Azumanga Daioh-The Very, Very Short Movie

Wasn't too keen on this. As far as I can tell this was pretty much test footage for the show. It was essentially just jokes that were in the show with a different art style that I wasn't fond of. The style used in the show was much simpler and less detailed but I think that suited it much more than they art shown here. Meh.

One Punch Man-Episode 11

I know Grav already posted the same thing but this gif is all I want to post in regard to this episode
[spoilerbutton]
UltimateChillyBassethound.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

The Future Diary-Episodes 1-7

Episode 1: After watching Azumanga Daioh I wanted a bit of a change of pace so I decided to go for this. Intriguing initial episode and I think that the premise could be fun. I do have somewhat of a question that I'm sure the show will answer with in regards to the Diaries themselves seeing as the show seems done with explaining it. If the Diaries are sent from the future, do the future versions of the characters have to send the messages back to their past selves a la Steins;Gate? The diaries just kind of appear in this first episode.

Episode 2: Jesus Christ, Yuki gives Shinji a run for his money in the whining protagonist awards. At least Yuno is cool. And very cute, if not a little nuts.

Episode 3: Okay, maybe A LOT nuts.

Episode 4: They better have a good explanation for this hypnosis thing.

Episode 5: Okay, so they didn't explain the hypnosis thing. I do wonder exactly about what Sixth's plan was because it didn't make a ton of sense to me. I really couldn't tell if she was in cahoots with Twelfth or not. On one hand, he was trying to kill her but then she said that Ninth was captured to lure in Yuno and Yuki, and Ninth was captured by Twelfth. Twelfth said he did it because he wanted to infiltrate the cult, implying that he wasn't with Sixth. Either I'm an idiot and I'm missing something or the writing was a bit of a mess in these couple of episodes. Also, as an aside, I don't know why they seem to shy away from showing Yuno's boobs. They were happy to show both Sixth's and Ninth's full frontal yet they just show Yuno's covered up but just barely. Just a thought.

Episode 6: Oh come on Yuki, would it kill you to reciprocate just a little?

Episode 7: The rate they're going through Diary Users, I have no idea how this show is going to last 26 episodes.

Man, this show is like crack.

Back