Your viewing journal

Just watched 5cm per second. It bored me, although I have to say it was well made... I'd rate it somewhere between 7-8/10.

Shinkai's 'distance between lovers' theme is getting old: He needs to handle other some other genres... The first time it was interesting because it dealt with the distance being so great with one of the young lovers in space that one aged and the other didn't. I didn't find the his second film as good, the last half of the film letting it down with lots of needless sci-fi rubbish. The third simply didn't have much impact on me and time dragged by.

To be honest i thought the exact opposite~ the distance films got progressively better. But i can understand how some people might find 5CM boring.

As far i know, the distance theme is over now; as i heard somewhere it was supposed to be a very loosly based triology~ all dealing with different aspects of distance between relationships.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 17 - 25
(Only two more episodes untill the end. Thought I'd save them for another night as I've enjoyed it so much. Then I'll be moving onto Monster the anime. Think I might finish the manga today like.)

McIcy said:
Welcome to the NHK 07 - 13
Awesome Series!! Scary how some parts of his life remind me of what I was like. God stuff.

"""TEEEEHEEEEHEEEE TEEEHEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEHEEEEE TEHHHEEHEEEHEEEEEE"""

Haven't filled this in for a while, lets see,
Utawaremono up to vol 4 - it's weird the way they manage to switch between uber cute moe harem and and dismembered flying body parts. Villain wins dumb **** of the year award for invading the country and then taunting a man who he knew at the blink of an eye could turn him in to quivering lumps of cat food.
Eureka Seven up to vol 9- Hmm, she's got green glowing zits, they managed to get from Japan to north Africa by land in a few days, and the fate of the known world is in the hands of emotionally retarded teenagers who i wouldn't trust with a butter knife. Who says anime don't make sense. Wonder how it will all come together in the end.
Gundam 00 up to 21. Sunrise seem to be playing 'Lets torture Saji', but wonder if they are toughening him up to make him a bad ass character, or a member of Celestial Being.
Wolf and Spice up to 9- nice aimless wandering, wonder where it'll end.
Persona -trinity soul- up to 9... meh, ditto
Patlabor TV series up to 15 ish. More believable that the original series, and nice to see all the characters get their moment in to sun.

Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
Been working my way through Bleach once again, decided the filler arc wasn't really worth watching so watched 110-112.

I actually quite liked the Bount. It took a while to get used to them and i was glad when it ended xD but it was still enjoyable.

I've enjoyed the bount saga as well. I wasn't aware it was a filler, untill recently. It's way bette tha Naruto fillers, but i agree, it's not great as the rst of bleach. One piece is still my favorite

So, watched this week eps of one piece (344), naruto (shippu. 48), bleach 162 and the disc one of steamboy.

Welcome to the NHK 21 - 24 Finished, not the ending I was expecting though.

Rosario + Vampire 09
Your Under Arrest Full Throttle 13
Dragonaut -The Resonance - 21
Bamboo Blade 21

Downloaded an OVA which I've never heard of before called "Ladius" it was only one OVA so I thought I'd give it a watch. From 1987, so it's 20 years old... I actually liked the animation, although it wasn't anything special, it has aged well, the story was quite simplistic, nothing deep, characters were nothing special, music was alright. Was a decent watch, at least worth the 46 minutes it lasted for.

Just watched Brave Story. My rating switched from 6/10 and 7/10 throughout... I ended up giving it 7/10 because the last quarter was quite good, the CG monsters and and Mitsuri's character getting fleshed out saving it from being bad.

It was overly simplistic and kiddy, having a plot like many old RPG's have had in the past: Hero is transported to another world, hero gathers a group of friends, hero gets involved in quest (and sub-quests) that result in him saving the world from evil monsters. I swearthe writers of anime movies find it impossible to do their jobs correctly, with them only able to make simple or overly complicated plots.

Monster 1 - 4

Have read the manga and thus wanted to watch it animated. Looking very good so far. Art work is well done and voice acters well chosen. Well, except for Agent Lunge. I can't get used to his voice :s

Cardcaptor Sakura the movie 2 - the sealed card

enjoyed this alot, had a much more ending feel to the series than the actual series did, good dub too, shame 4kids got their hands on the series and 1st movie

Back