Your viewing journal

I have no idea which order I watched the Tenchi! series in. We should probably stop right there like. Had the Tenchi Series order conversation many times. :roll:

Black Lagoon 10-12 (Completed!!! Now for the 2nd lot ^^)

Well done dude, the 2nd series is even better in my opinion especially the ep with edna and revi drinking whisky in the church at the start.

Tenchi GXP 16 -18

Peacemaker 1-12
Now and Then, Here and There 1-13

After being disappointed by the light-heartedness and lack of a plot (it was like watching a series made up of filler episodes) on show in Peacemaker, I decided to have a look at a more adult show. Lucky I had just the thing (Now and Then, Here and There) on my EHDD to save the day.

NaTHaT (Nat's hat for the win!) certainly lived up to my expectations, with children being captured in order to be turned into killers and a young girl being repeatedly raped by adults in order to breed more soldiers. It deals with pretty much all the horrors of war, the difference from other war horror stories being that this one is about children and doesn't hold back.

Me being a heartless git, it didn't have much of an emotional impact on me. I was a little shocked to see a TV show deal with child rape - It's something you don't see very often for obvious reasons. It probably would make a fair few people get all emotional.

Outside of a rushed/unclear ending, my main problem with NaTHaT was the main character, who got fairly annoying with his Naruto style personality. Just like your average shounen hero, he's strong, he charges at his enemy, he isn't articulate and simply gets old fast. The darkness of the story and the strength of the supporting cast did make up for the fairly poor lead, though.

I'd recommend people who want something deeper than the average anime series look it up. Are you a fan of stuff like Grave of the Fireflies? This is for you.

Last night I watched the first disc of "Comic Party Revolution" and have to say even though I liked the first series, Revolution seems as though it is going to be better.

Up to episode 11 of Gundam 00 right now and I'm really enjoying it! I think all the bad press it gets is unjustified - sure, it's not spectacular, but it sure ain't bad either!

Dracos said:
Comic Party Revolution discs 2 and 3

Brilliant anime and manga series one of my faves, although the manga has the better ending.

Bleach 158 - one of those episodes that makes you shout out YES very loudly and leaves a huge grin on your face

Mobile Suit Gundam 16 - loving the new gundam throne team

Gintama 47
ookiku Furikabutte 18 - 19
Bamboo Blade 16
D.Gray-man 67 - 68

McIcy said:
Dracos said:
Comic Party Revolution discs 2 and 3

Brilliant anime and manga series one of my faves, although the manga has the better ending.

Think I prefer Revolution to the first series. It is one of those odd series when I try to classify it, the first series is otaku because of the dojinshi connection and I suppose school/college. The second is again otaku dropping many of the other elements and being pretty much all about the dojinshi and some cosplay, but it is more harem without being completely harem as few if any of the girls seem to want to be romantically involved with the male lead. Although when you know it comes from a game you can start to see why it is the way it is.

Tried watching the first disc of Noein, but nodded off so will have to start again. From what I have seen it is not quite what I thought it would be, but it looks like it could be pretty good.

Gunslinger Girl 1-13

In order to remove unwatched anime from my 'unwatched' folder on my HDD and either delete or move it onto my EHDD, I watched Gunslinger Girls.

I didn't go into the series expecting much - The idea of little girls running around with machine guns doesn't appeal to me. You can probably imagine my happiness when I discovered that, rather than focus being on the girls killing 100's of evil terrorists per episode, the show focused on the girls, how they were trained, how the individual handlers (trainers) of the girls coped with turning young girls into killers and how the girls interacted with each other.

An agency called the Social Welfare Agency takes in tragic kids who would die without their help, gives them cybernetic bodies, erases their memories and uses "conditioning" to make them automatically respect their individual handlers (all the girls have one). Since each girl starts with little to no memories, the main focus of most episodes is on how the handlers raised the girls differently, some treating them like their own children and others treating them like machines. This was quite interesting to watch since the personality of each girl reflected how their handlers...well, handled them.

The problem the show has is that it lacks any real main plot. The episodic nature of the show probably helped make it more interesting in truth as we've all seen stories involving secret anti-terrorist units before, but it would've been nice if the girl/handler stories could've been mixed with an interesting main plot.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the previous 13 episode series I watched (which also dealt with children killing), but it was good enough for me to want to keep watching from start to finish. I'll be getting the box set if it ever drops to £15.

Oh, and I also watched Akira (had the DVD for ages) for the first time a night or two ago. Outside of being impressed by the animation, it's a movie I'll easily forget about due to its bizarre/largely unexplained plot and the lack of any truly interesting characters. Very, very over-rated.

Cowboy Bebop 1-26 (Had a marathon on Saturday as me and my mate were a lil hungover. Must admit I did snooze in places. ^^)

Black Lagoon: 2nd Barrage 1-3 (These series are f*cking sweet!!)

Back