Your viewing journal

Little Witch Academia

Finally got round to seeing this, cute, simple and good fun and I thought it looked great.

Busuo Shinki - Episode 7

I have been struggling a bit with this but I did quite enjoy this episode.

Nisekoi S2 ep. 6
Ore Monogatari!! ep. 6
Kekkai Sensen ep. 1 & 2
Shokugeki no Souma ep. 7
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me ep. 7
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ep. 7

Food Wars: Episode 7 - Still enjoying this show.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? : Episode 7 - Still a standard fantasy show that's fun and easy to watch.
Assassination Classroom Episode 17
Shirobako: Episodes 10-16 - This show is so close to entertaining my top ten. Deserves all the praise it's received, usually hyped up shows don't meet your expectations, Shirobako has fully met mine and more.

I loved Shirobako, I enjoyed the first half and wasn't able to watch streaming shows for a while but when I finally watched the second half it easily became one of my favourites.

I've been mostly watching Patlabor. Finished the TV series the other day and I've now watched six episodes of The New Files. I haven't seen many mecha shows and I don't know if Patlabor counts as one but if it does then it's my favourite mecha show. I really like the characters and the stories and there's even some well handled subtle character development. The only downside is that I sometimes feel that certain stories or backgrounds have only been touched on but I think it's more that I just want to see more of it than any actual lacking.

I feel lucky that I've really enjoyed a lot of the things I've watched recently. It's a good thing I don't even try to keep a listing of my favourites because I'd have to change it all the time.

DanMachi-Episode 7

Quite a funny and enjoyable episode. I must admit though, I'm getting a little worried about the villain. It's more than half way through the show and we know nothing about her or her intentions except it somehow involves Bell. They're really going to have to start picking up the pace a bit and I'm worried it's going to be rushed.

Sakura Trick-Episodes 6-9

I'm not massively enjoying this series, Yuri aside. Going to try and binge it today and tomorrow to start fresh on something else next week.

Blood Blockade Battlefront ep6

Nice touch of pathos this week, and I liked the offhand gag about Nej being into comics. I feel it's kind of a shame that the show seems to introduce so many one-episode characters though - it often feels like we're missing out on a longer story.

Sakura Trick-Episodes 10-12 Complete
Gintama The Movie (English Dub)

I was very curious to watch Gintama The Movie as it's the only Gintama anime to be dubbed. It was pretty weird to find out it had a dub considering there hasn't been a dub for the show before or since it's release. The movie is just a remake of an arc from the show, similar to Evangelion 1.11, so I'd technically seen it before, I just wanted to see how it the dub sounded. Personally I thought it was a mixed bag. Some of the voices were great like Kagura and Takasugi, some were decent but didn't really fit the character (at least I don't think) like Gintoki and Katsura and some were just down right poor like Shinpachi and Otose. I did, however, really like the visuals. I'm still working my way though the original series, so it's really awesome to see Gintama in widescreen and in HD for the first time. The 5.1 sound was also a treat.

Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic-Episode 7

I have no idea why but the last third of this episode really made me feel. It bums me out that this show is going to end in a few weeks.

Ninja Slayer-Episode 5

Absolutely no sideways on ****** cheap looking animation this week. If it continues like that, there may be hope for this show yet. However, I must say, I still have pretty much no idea what is even happening and I don't know if they're doing that on purpose or not.

Hanamonogatari-Episodes 1 and 2

I've returned to Monogatari after a short break, hoping to be completely caught up by next week.
Ep1: Interesting first episode, especially the ending. Ougi continues to confuse me.
Ep2: This episode kind of seemed to be jogging in place a little. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but only the last 3 or 4 minutes of the episode seemed to actually push things forward. Episode 1 had a set up but this episode didn't really do anything.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 02-04

Look Master, I'm a plane!

aa2P14H.gif

Fate_Stay_Night_Open_Wide.jpg

Professor Irony said:
Blood Blockade Battlefront ep6

Nice touch of pathos this week, and I liked the offhand gag about Nej being into comics. I feel it's kind of a shame that the show seems to introduce so many one-episode characters though - it often feels like we're missing out on a longer story.
Thats precisely how the manga is.

Ep 30 of World Trigger
Ep 7 of Arslan Senki
Ep 7 of Kekkai Sensen
Ep 7 of Owari no Seraph

Back