Why people choose not to support legal simulcasts

ilmaestro said:
I did actually give Ruiwster a chance for the first time this week, to watch Seraph of the End. I can only echo your sentiments regarding both their acquisition of Funi titles and the need for a subscription model, although I would probably go even further than you on the latter as I think the shows are borderline unwatchable with the way the ads are set up now.

I don't understand why the ads are so bad on the desktop version. I started watching on the iOS app a while ago and there's only one ad per episode there, which is so, so much better. The nadir of my desktop Viewster experience was probably when they played two tonally-inappropriate ads right in the middle of one of the climactic songs in Bakumatsu Rock. Like, mid-line. Interrupting Souji is unforgivable!

R

Lawrence said:
Nobody uses ad block eh?
Kinda defeats the purpose of watching on a legal site if you're just gonna block the ads lol you may as well just watch it on one of the many illegal sites (and where Viewster are concerned, you'll actually get decent picture quality elsewhere too).

I don't think that sends a great message tbh, I'd rather not use the site at all and let them know my issues with it.

I just can't justify ad blocker - it deprives the people trying to make am honest living at these companies of potential income and undermines the business model too.

Back