Why is this forum so dead?

Tachi- said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
Yes, they should disable the post count in the forum game section, but big whoop. Post count is nothing... Its there for people to have fun and release all the stress.

i agree with everything after "but"
if anyones actually bothered to take a look in there in recent light (yes about 4 months) there's more to the post counting thread. we don't just put down numbers...we talk, its ourown part of the forum that we can talk to each other off topics without someone coming in all guns blazing and complaining that its off topic. a place we can talk about anything we want and not many people actually take the time to post in it...only certain members are regulars in that thread, and its more than just a thread...its a way of beating off all the boredom we endure at work or college (home in 1 members case) so leave us be.....*retreats to thread for safety*

I admit I don't follow the forum game section

Hey... I am the one who actually asked for a forum game section. If I wasn't here, it might not have existed. I might be upset that my effort to persuade Paul to make one (when it was cluttered in the forum game section) was to suddenly disappeared.

If we were to get rid of it on CG's whim. Then the random-chit chat will be full of them. I say leave it as it is. There are people who like having it there.

Actually, I'm bashing CG too much. Let me bash Aion more...

Aion, you're ignorant. Your post just feels like you're accusing someone, etc etc.

...But I can't... Aion is just... hillarious. =/

There's nothing wrong with people chatting like in that counting thread, but it's a shame that it's being used to avoid the people on the forum who don't post count. A member's only chat club. If even half of those topics were actual topics (in random chit chat or anime) instead of hidden conversations in a forum post counting game this place in general would be more lively.

Well, whatever works for you guys.

R

Chrono Mizaki said:
Stop being a hypocrite, Citizengeek. You have been banned from countless forums for being overarguementive and even 'insult' the admins. Actually, I say countless, but it was 2 forums from as far as I know.

Hah. I was banned from a silly Pokémon forum for 2 days when I was 13. I think that's different to being banned from one of the biggest gaming forums in Europe because such a large number of members complained so much. It's different to being banned from AUKN permanently only to grovel pathetically in order to rejoin.

It's comical to see you attempt your "gotcha" statements time and time again and completely fall flat each and every time.

Just because 'you' don't like it, Citizengeek, doesn't mean everyone will not like it as well. Even the site-owners or admins hate have some sections, but still add it because of 'request'. Yes, they should disable the post count in the forum game section, but big whoop. Post count is nothing... Its there for people to have fun and release all the stress

You seem to think that I am passionately against your mindless, counter productive cesspit forum; but I'm really not. I just floated the idea that perhaps removing this entirely unnecessary, distracting forum would be a good idea. It was just a thought - and if as many people enjoy the forum as it appears, then I'm of course against removing it.

Well, the art of verbal communication, in my view, has surely declined. People just gossip and go off topic so quickly, that other members dont really get a say and it eventually flames up like a rap competition, slagging off each other.

It's rare to see people actually leave it as opinions and try to dominate something or another's thoughts. Sure, you can argue and give valid points WHY something is different, but if it's not neccessarily WRONG, then there's no need to plaster over their opinion.

Bet ya if we added something scientific (like an unproven theory), it would turn out either completely off-topic by 2 pages, or it's be like this thread, 7 pages of which 5 are flame wars. (Not accurately measured, like I care.)

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
Stop being a hypocrite, Citizengeek. You have been banned from countless forums for being overarguementive and even 'insult' the admins. Actually, I say countless, but it was 2 forums from as far as I know.

Hah. I was banned from a silly Pokémon forum for 2 days when I was 13. I think that's different to being banned from one of the biggest gaming forums in Europe because such a large number of members complained so much. It's different to being banned from AUKN permanently only to grovel pathetically in order to rejoin.

13? You were older than that? And also... you've been banned not once, but twice =P (I don't really care anywho)

But you've just proven that your attitude stinks and you certainly have no respect for anyone. And you always ask us why we're acting like this to you. No matter what, you're not going to change and asking you to is like changing a Leopard's spots.

It's comical to see you attempt your "gotcha" statements time and time again and completely fall flat each and every time.

I don't really intend to give you the 'gotcha' statement. But hey, at least you 'admit' you are a moron who gets banned from countless forum sites. And I admit that my post do nothing but serve as a failed comedy attempt, but face-palm.

But here is a difference. I respect people. You clearly don't.

*Yaaaawn*

shut up chrono

afew members including myself have had afew arguments which turned into flame wars with CG...its been done before so just leave him alone already.

He's been quiet for months, minding his own and upon Aions return you've grown a small pair of balls and decided to make yourself heard, give up already. your trying to flame aion too so you look like the middle man, but to me your hiding in the shadow of him. he has more guts and has a better way of goin about things.

i have nothing against you so just leave this pitiful excuse of making a scene. if you really care you'll shut up and leave cg and aion to fight if they choose to...if you truly care about the forum then why fan the flames?...in the end they'll only have themselves to blame if their banned. why make yourself part of that? i personally don't see the point behind this, but hey if you want to carry on then by all means be my guest, but it won't earn you anything. nobody will respect you anymore for doing it.

Voddas said:
This is how this thread is looking at the moment...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah .recurring :lol:

"FLAME ON!!"

pulls out flamethrower and burns Voddas to a crisp...sorry mate :p didn't know it was you lol

Tachi- said:
if anyones actually bothered to take a look in there in recent light (yes about 4 months) there's more to the post counting thread. we don't just put down numbers...we talk, its ourown part of the forum that we can talk to each other off topics without someone coming in all guns blazing and complaining that its off topic. a place we can talk about anything we want and not many people actually take the time to post in it...only certain members are regulars in that thread, and its more than just a thread...its a way of beating off all the boredom we endure at work or college (home in 1 members case) so leave us be.....*retreats to thread for safety*
I've seen this and all, but the thing I don't get is the fact that -- We have a ******* IRC for chatting and all that. I haven't been on for a while, due to pure laziness but It'd be awesome for you lot to have real time conversations, etc.

I mean, heck.. You don't even need a IRC client to use it, There is a browser based one.

Jayme said:
Tachi- said:
I've seen this and all, but the thing I don't get is the fact that -- We have a ******* IRC for chatting and all that. I haven't been on for a while, due to pure laziness but It'd be awesome for you lot to have real time conversations, etc.

I mean, heck.. You don't even need a IRC client to use it, There is a browser based one.

1 problem...most of us in that thread have work restrictions stopping us from talking in there....so its easier and raises the post count of the forum....which if im right Paul gets X amount back for every page visited by another person on the internet....with that in mind its a little goldmind for him and a fun place for others

Surely the storage and bandwidth costs him money rather than prints it? He doesn't have any ads or major commercial tie-in that I can see.

Not that you shouldn't post because of that of course, just sayin'

R

If you're at work or college shouldn't you like... be doing actual work to earn yourself that pay/education as opposed to chatting on a cartoon forum?

I was once attacked for linked to a NSFW image the person shouldn't have even been clicking when at work. True story.

In general, people with cushy jobs think it's ok to do what they want at work, forgetting they're not paid to interact on forums.

I prefer to call it stress relief. I post when there's nothing to do at work, beats staring at a blank screen. I've worked hard to get here so I don't really care what some moany **** people think.

I'm allowed to do what I like at work when things are compiling or I'm on the phone, especially at the moment when we're not getting much business due to the state of the economy. Not a sustainable situation but enjoyable whilst it lasts...

But then I can also run IRC, messenger etc too if I want (I don't). My bosses just read newspapers.

R

Select members are very eager to slag off those who talk whilst at work....like Voddas has pointed out: we talk when we can during work. and there's valid proof that we do disappear off the forums to work.

you question why the forums been quiet? because members are far too eager to bitch about the existing members. and for that reason i'm not suprised there's always "Guests" that exceed the active members at all times.

Maxon said:
Tachi- said:
there's always "Guests" that exceed the active members at all times.
That's the case with almost every forum in existence.

Probably true. but what i was trying to hint at was....everyone should just stop getting on each others back about things..

i sometimes question the ages of some people ans wonder "when will this stop? when they've got so petty as to complain about the slightest thing"

You wonder about people in general, where as I wonder specifically about the grammar/spelling of people. The little differences that separate us are interesting.

It'd be boring if no-one disagreed and swore at each other. Wouldn't it be a tad dull if everyone danced to the same tune and acted overly friendly?

Although this forum is pretty cool everyone just agrees and moves on with what they're doing, if people like me, Aion, CitizenGeek, Maxon and Chrono weren't around this forum would be even -more- dead.

Back