Why is this forum so dead?

Aion

Time-Traveller
It's depressing to never see much in the way of activity when I have a look at the forums. I would've thought there'd be more posts now that I've returned, but...

I blame it all in the presence of The Geek, Captain Dave and Skittles. The forum would gain more new members if all three received lifetime bans.

goes to mention he said something like this before and was flamed*

*decides what's the point*

*goes back to hunting ghosts and exploring black holes*

Aion said:
It's depressing to never see much in the way of activity when I have a look at the forums. I would've thought there'd be more posts now that I've returned, but...

I blame it all in the presence of The Geek, Captain Dave and Skittles. The forum would gain more new members if all three received lifetime bans.

Who be Captain Dave and Skittles? Huh, huh, huh?

I haven’t posted in a long time for various reasons but I do occasionally visit for a quick look around and for quite a while now there seems to be little or no discussion of anime on here. It’s like everyone has seen everything – and reckons that it was all ‘rubbish’ anyway. When I first started visiting here it seemed far more upbeat and enthusiastic about the scene generally.

But a few maniac posters, company collapses and forty three threads about homosexuality later...

Dont blame me... Blame my schedule: it's easier to burn paper. :p
Lots of things happening for me atm, so I'm on for a quick view and post, then go.

harkins said:
I haven’t posted in a long time for various reasons but I do occasionally visit for a quick look around and for quite a while now there seems to be little or no discussion of anime on here. It’s like everyone has seen everything – and reckons that it was all ‘rubbish’ anyway. When I first started visiting here it seemed far more upbeat and enthusiastic about the scene generally.

But a few maniac posters, company collapses and forty three threads about homosexuality later...

I agree thats why I am rarely here any more, used to pretty much live on this site but the games just took over and I got bored of sifting through all the posts for something anime related. I still pop in when I am bored at work or seeing if anyone is going to a con

The post counting and non-anime games are pretty boring :D

I miss the thread about guessing the anime character. I think it got stuck.

R

harkins said:
When I first started visiting here it seemed far more upbeat and enthusiastic about the scene generally.

forty three threads about homosexuality later...

So, basically, what you're saying is that this forum needs more active/positive members, like myself, and less homosexuals, like The Geek?

We never seem to attract new members and the older members get older, become busier and post less. There must be a problem with the grammar skills of the people who welcome new members... Maybe more would stay if the welcoming part was left to me?

Ahh there's nothing wrong with Citizen Geek. If not for the flamewars this place could have died out several times ;p

I like the debate threads in off topic more than the post counting and silliness. I suppose both appeal to opposite types of people.

Maybe we all seem cliquey and scary to the newcomers, hence their hit and run posting style - I never actually made an introduction thread when I came that I remember and now you can't get rid of me!

R

Aion said:
Maybe more would stay if the welcoming part was left to me?

LMAO

stand up comedy is your thing :thumb:

here's an idea....existing members.....go forth and spread the word to your flunkies. get this place up and running rather than on the floor crawling on its back.

your mission is to send the websites url and get 20 friends to join and become active posters by next friday.
anyone who does it and can prove it i will send a prize in the post.

Well as there wasn't many new anime threads i have started some about the new series I am watching, hopefully this will inspire others to back away from the games and start talking about anime

My personal view is that there's a few too many sub-forums for a place with this level of activity. I know I don't bother checking half of them. Some consolidation might be useful.

This may have been better off in the feedback forum but a relative n00b such as myself is wary of rocking the boat...

Back