Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyper One

• Shy One

• Rebel

• Total voters
I find often in these shows the random new characters who appear have no real chemistry or history with the hapless main character so they're red herrings.

Hmm I think the Perfect One is usually too good for the invariably dithery, insecure main character in these shows too. So I subconsciously disqualify them on that. Having dated someone with very different drive and intellectual focus in the past to my own I have to say I find it can be quite frustrating for both in those couplings!

R

Well, the people you want to win a "love competition" are the people you're likely to like the most, this means you need to sympathise/empathise with them...

Perfect people are very hard to do this with. Like one person I knew...he was fit, healthy, polite, stupidly intelligent, got a well paying job by pure talent and hard work, always chipper, never swore......I've never heard so many insults thrown around behind someone's back though. Simply because he was, well, perfect. It annoys the hell out of people....although admittedly out of jealousy more than anything sometimes.

MrChom said:
Perfect people are very hard to do this with. Like one person I knew...he was fit, healthy, polite, stupidly intelligent, got a well paying job by pure talent and hard work, always chipper, never swore......I've never heard so many insults thrown around behind someone's back though. Simply because he was, well, perfect. It annoys the hell out of people....although admittedly out of jealousy more than anything sometimes.
I must group with a load of hyenas then, since my uni group is all girls (besides me), and when one's away, the rest will gossip away. I just cant stand that, so I usually sit tight. They're not bad, but I guess the average person just has to twist the knife in the back a lil'.

Anyways, I do like the childhood friends one myself, but since it's not always the case with everyone, I thought finding someone who's very positive and exciting may be the next best thing. Up-front, always trying to go out with you and sends a few cheers your way.
Of course it has to go both ways, and it aint always blue skies, but the general positivity would make me feel better. :)

Chaz said:
MrChom said:
I must group with a load of hyenas then, since my uni group is all girls (besides me), and when one's away, the rest will gossip away. I just cant stand that, so I usually sit tight. They're not bad, but I guess the average person just has to twist the knife in the back a lil'.

That's why I prefer the different ones. They tend to be the ones who are gossiped about, not who gossip themselves. That's something that will instantly annoy me about a person - if you've got a problem with someone you should have the guts to tell them to their face.

I'm certainly the childhood friend type... *cough* Detective Conan *cough* It's something about the family feel, the fact that they're so comfortable. Of course, sometimes the childhood friend loses... unrequited love style.

my favourites would be the mysterious and the rebel, the shy one would be an almost draw with the second one..
I don't like the perfect one and the broken one, specially as the broken one is almost always nearly perfect (love hina's mutsumi or rumbling heart anyone?) ...

MrChom said:
Well, the people you want to win a "love competition" are the people you're likely to like the most, this means you need to sympathise/empathise with them...
Since I like tsundere...

...I'm a masochist.
chaos said:
I don't like the perfect one and the broken one, specially as the broken one is almost always nearly perfect (love hina's mutsumi or rumbling heart anyone?) ...
I think in this context, broken means that they are emotionally broken, not physically.

Maxon said:
chaos said:
I think in this context, broken means that they are emotionally broken, not physically.
If emotionally broken, then they are a bit more interesting.... I've just keeping to hopeful_monster's description:
The Broken One- Same as any other candidate but with added disease (non-contagious), disability, or disadvantage that prevents them form carrying on as the rest do. "

I've always liked the childhood friend that i grow up with and end up marryin, you know, the "puppy love" that turns into "true love" scenario. from my gf's over the past year or two they've all turned out to be the psycho-emo-mentally scarred-self harming.

Tsundere I guess, I'm a sucker for the fiery ones (which is probably why I've never had a stable relationship in my life :p ). Still, everyone loves an underdog so that's a close second.

I voted for "the broken one". Because they usually get the hotter slightly off normal chcks!!!!
Wait... am I drooling....

chaos said:
Maxon said:
chaos said:
If emotionally broken, then they are a bit more interesting.... I've just keeping to hopeful_monster's description:
The Broken One- Same as any other candidate but with added disease (non-contagious), disability, or disadvantage that prevents them form carrying on as the rest do. "
Ah. I didn't notice the descriptions.

chaos said:
Maxon said:
chaos said:
The Broken one can have mental damage as well as physical damage. Yuzuha in Utawarerumono is an example of a physically broken character, bed ridden and blind, however just about all the characters from Elfen Lied would count as emotionally damaged.

this is a interesting vote, but also a difficult one to choose by, this seems to be like one of those typical dating sim games, that you get to choose one girl to be your partner. thing is each girl has their own special traits that it makes it hard to go by.

The childhood friend is a good choice, since she knows many things about you. but so also is the shy girl that always has that wonderful grace and charm.

Hmmmm....

I like it when the geeky/awkward one wins ^___^ cos they're always so cute...that and I like nice shy, slightly awkward in a cute way kinda guys lol and if its a girl then its just so cute when they get all shy and embarrassed ^__^

I said the shy one

Back