Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shy One

• Rebel

• Total voters

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Watch any anime and you�ll come across a love polygon from the not so simple love triangle up to dodecahedrons. While the winner is often blatantly obvious but who do you want to win? Have listed some of the main contenders, they may not be mutually exclusive but chose your fave
The Childhood Friend- been around forever, but often seen as more like a sibling rather than a potential boy/girlfriend. While they know almost everything about each other often difficult to get out of the friend zone.
The Mysterious One- Recently arrived, often under dubious or unusual circumstances. Past is unknown and just that little bit different from everyone else.
The Tsundere- Loves the other like there�s no tomorrow, but like hell they�ll let them know. If anything they�ll treat the object of their affection like dirt. Dirt that needs to be punished, especially for showing an interest in the tsundere, or in anyone else.
The Perfect One- gorgeous looks, MENSA IQ, popular, bags of cash, charming personality, good teeth, some jammy buggers have it all.
The Underdog- whether due to bad luck in love, not having traditional good looks, being a klutz, lack of money, crap in a fight, they are the ones that seemingly have the least chance of success.
The Broken One- Same as any other candidate but with added disease (non-contagious), disability, or disadvantage that prevents them form carrying on as the rest do.
The Hyper One- Limitless energy, enthusiasm and positive outlook on life. Volume glued to 11 and a smile constantly plastered all over their face.
The Shy One- If silence speaks a thousand words this one�s a dictionary. If approached they will blush, stammer out responses or just run away.
The Rebel- Rules are for other people, so why dress or act as society expects you to. What is point in giving respect to those that don�t deserve it or not giving a beating to those who do. They more often than not come with a heart of gold, but it�s often carefully hidden under many layers.

I remember some anime blog a while ago actually went and did a survey on this. Turns out that it's a safe bet that the childhood friend will win.

Personally, I'm never too bothered, as long as the build-up to it is good.

I tend to always fall for the one the anime "sets-up" as the winner from the beginning. The one that is always going to happen no-matter what... Cos that isn't there, The tsundere gets my vote.

Ramadahl said:
I remember some anime blog a while ago actually went and did a survey on this. Turns out that it's a safe bet that the childhood friend will win.
Personally used different labels than they did, but the most recent version actually gives shows the Mysterious one ahead (equal to the 'promised one')
004.jpg

Other than that can't believe that tsundere is in the lead. HATE THOSE BOVINES!!! :x :evil:

hopeful_monster said:
Ramadahl said:
Personally used different labels than they did, but the most recent version actually gives shows the Mysterious one ahead (equal to the 'promised one').
Other than that can't believe that tsundere is in the lead. HATE THOSE BOVINES!!! :x :evil:
Ah, was thinking of a different one, but thanks for the link. The one I saw counted characters like Naru and Ayu as childhood friends, so I guess that made a difference.
Tsundere's would probably be a pain in real life, but they tend to make fun characters to watch, imo. Not as funny as yandere's, but still... :wink:

I'll go for the rebel, since it's as close to my true prefrance.
(Angry guys/girls with a good heart underneath, but no good at showing the more tender emotions. Or simply not interested :p ).

I'd go Hyper, but I'd usually mix the groups up a little. A lil' bit of this and that style.
But wow... Not one for the Underdog? Living up to it's name, perhaps? :p

I personally like the Rebel, but usually in that kind of show the Childhood Friend ends up making the most sense.

R

I said childhood friend. That was my first thought when i was thinking of 5 Centimeters Per Second, my favourite film. But as far as other anime go, i think i'd rather the quiet one. Thinking about it, they are usually my favourite.

Oh come on, you've forgotten the Tomboy, there's always been something about a girl who could potentially kick my **** that just makes her more interesting.... (see: Revy/Revi/Levi/Rebby/WHATEVER from Black Lagoon)

Mind you....I suppose that COULD go under Rebel....

MrChom said:
Oh come on, you've forgotten the Tomboy, there's always been something about a girl who could potentially kick my **** that just makes her more interesting.... (see: Revy/Revi/Levi/Rebby/WHATEVER from Black Lagoon)

Mind you....I suppose that COULD go under Rebel....
Yeah had to merge a few types to cover both sexes.

PS is anyone one else noticing odd results with the poll? Some one said underdog didn't get any votes, but that was the one I voted for, and I was the first person to vote.

hopeful_monster said:
PS is anyone one else noticing odd results with the poll? Some one said underdog didn't get any votes, but that was the one I voted for, and I was the first person to vote.

I see your vote so might have been a browser flub or something with the person typing that.

R

Now I definately dont get it...
We all desire to be/have the best, but no-ones gone for the "Perfect one." Do we just view them as already "having it all" (materialistic and waited on hads and foot), or do we just see them as spoilt and obnoxious?

Think about it! Miyuki (Lucky Star) is quite a rich-girl! ;)
(Sorry, I just like throwing thoughts into the whirlwind.)

Back