Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

A bit slow, no tracking - but good prices.
However their packaging is the bare minimum, I wouldn't order Limited Editions or Steelbooks from them. Once I had a broken case, and they offered me just 10% discount.

They have tracking, at least for shipments to the UK, Netherlands and Germany (dunno about other countries). Deliveries to Netherlands usually takes 2 weeks. They seal the items in corrugated cardboard sheet mailers which is fine for standard editions, but not great for collector's editions. That said, my Ultraman sets and Gravity Falls box have arrived without damage. I believe they only use boxes for larger orders/items.

As we’re talking about the WOW HD/DeepDiscount you might also take a look at ImportCDs which belongs to the same group, but is less known. They mostly have the same prices as DeepDiscount, and the same packaging, but sometimes are lower. Have used ImportCDs in the past without any problems.

Wasn't anime, but I bought a US Blu-ray from Amazon UK, which had to be imported of course. The thing is that after it got through customs here, it was delivered by Evri/Hermes.

Amazon delivered by Evri? I was lucky, no damage, but did Evri sell their soul to keep getting business when everyone hates them?

So anyway, if you're buying US anime through the Amazon UK site, beware...

Wasn't anime, but I bought a US Blu-ray from Amazon UK, which had to be imported of course. The thing is that after it got through customs here, it was delivered by Evri/Hermes.

Amazon delivered by Evri? I was lucky, no damage, but did Evri sell their soul to keep getting business when everyone hates them?

Was the seller specifically listed as Amazon US, because if it wasn't it's likely that the seller used a delivery company that uses Evri for the UK leg as anything that sent through Amazons own system should remain within that system for the duration of the journey and not be passed onto a third party (I had a switch game that had no mention of where the stock was located, but tracking revealed that it was shipped from France and remained within the Amazon delivery system for the whole journey) unless either the US and UK logistics don't talk to each other or it was because the order was from the UK site and not the US site (even though both are linked).

Was the seller specifically listed as Amazon US, because if it wasn't it's likely that the seller used a delivery company that uses Evri for the UK leg as anything that sent through Amazons own system should remain within that system for the duration of the journey and not be passed onto a third party (I had a switch game that had no mention of where the stock was located, but tracking revealed that it was shipped from France and remained within the Amazon delivery system for the whole journey) unless either the US and UK logistics don't talk to each other or it was because the order was from the UK site and not the US site (even though both are linked).
Definitely Amazon US, sent via DPD/Asendia for the US leg, picked up by Evri once it got through customs here.
Star Trek Lower Decks Season 3 if you're wondering.

Hmm, interesting. I just received a surprise email from Evri/Asendia. Maybe it's my Amazon Aus order (Bluey seasons 1 & 2).

My Amazon US order generally goes DPD -> Ascendia -> Evri, though I'm fortunate to have a decent Evri in my area (which is rare).

2021-01-28 (63).png

United Publications, despite their website being outdated by many years, has never let me down on their services so it's a shame they're leaving the anime scene. Going by the wording it looks like they're not completely gone, but that sucks for those who don't have the funds to go through Rightstuf or forwarding services approach for importing.

Damn it. They've been feeding my habit since the late 1990s, getting me those UY and Maison Ikkoku VHS tapes. I used to pay with cheques through the post!

I had a feeling this was coming. Exchange rate being so unfavorable for years forcing prices up (I remember importing Funi CEs for like £40), UPUSA closing, the Crunchyroll buyout of TRSI cutting off their supply of adult BD/DVD, etc. They also stopped selling PC games and figures at some point. I wondered how they could remain profitable enough to keep it going.

Oh well, we still have Otaku. I ordered Lycoris Recoil from there the other day. I think I used them for imports even before UP.

Back