Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

the Crunchyroll buyout of TRSI cutting off their supply of adult BD/DVD
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the killing blow.

As you say, Otaku are still around for now. They're another longstanding pillar of the importing scene. I've always found them reliable, but they are a lot slower than UP1. The age of getting Discotek preorders a month early is over.

All Your Music are good too, but I don't think they stock Discotek.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the killing blow.

As you say, Otaku are still around for now. They're another longstanding pillar of the importing scene. I've always found them reliable, but they are a lot slower than UP1. The age of getting Discotek preorders a month early is over.

All Your Music are good too, but I don't think they stock Discotek.
Otaku's "up to 6 weeks for delivery" did give me the impression that I could be waiting a while longer than with UP. Although their "7-14 days" for US items tended to be closer to 3 weeks in my experience.

Perhaps if more people use Otaku they'll place orders with (I assume) TRSI more regularly.

For me the biggest loss will be AL releases at near-earlybird prices without having to pay up front months in advance. Not that they have too much that interests me at the moment, but I'll be waiting on sales more from now on.

Otaku's "up to 6 weeks for delivery" did give me the impression that I could be waiting a while longer than with UP. Although their "7-14 days" for US items tended to be closer to 3 weeks in my experience.

Perhaps if more people use Otaku they'll place orders with (I assume) TRSI more regularly.

For me the biggest loss will be AL releases at near-earlybird prices without having to pay up front months in advance. Not that they have too much that interests me at the moment, but I'll be waiting on sales more from now on.
Otaku tend to be about 4-5 weeks, but I have waited 8-9 on a couple of occasions. As with so many of these importers, they're at the mercy of RightStuf stock levels.

It's been a while since I last used Otaku, but I think they used to just place one order per month at around the end of the month. Checking RightStuf stock around the 20th and placing an Otaku order then often works well for lead time.

Otaku tend to be about 4-5 weeks, but I have waited 8-9 on a couple of occasions. As with so many of these importers, they're at the mercy of RightStuf stock levels.

It's been a while since I last used Otaku, but I think they used to just place one order per month at around the end of the month. Checking RightStuf stock around the 20th and placing an Otaku order then often works well for lead time.
To clarify this - we order a stock shipment once every three weeks which then takes about a week to arrive, so overall delivery takes 2-4 weeks. And yes, we are at the mercy of RIghtStuf availability so this can increase if they are temporarily out of stock.

To clarify this - we order a stock shipment once every three weeks which then takes about a week to arrive, so overall delivery takes 2-4 weeks. And yes, we are at the mercy of RIghtStuf availability so this can increase if they are temporarily out of stock.
Are you able to place special orders for titles you don’t list like United Publications do? I’m quite partial to importing Discotek’s live action offerings, not just their anime releases.

Ah, that explains why I felt like I was always a bit out of sync with when orders were being placed. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm cancelling my RS account. Given what I've heard of the CR store's pr department, and particularly their packaging, there will be no point continuing on with them as an international customer, regardless of whether they even cater to us anymore. Somehow I doubt the Iowan staff under Shawne, and the ethos they embodied will even remain employed.

Back