Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

SteadyHandMcDuff

Student Council President
I believe that means you will be charged the cheaper price.
Cheers. That'll be nice if so.

I remember with a previous order they sent emails saying that the price had been a mistake & if I wanted to cancel or continue with new price but I haven't received anything with this one.
I don't think English is the first language of UP1's email person/people - I've had some emails from them in the past that were really confusing and needed some back and forth before I could work out what they were actually trying to ask me.

They're saying you might be charged the "discounted prices" or you might be charged the price on the website, which is useless - they're two different sets of prices and you want to know which one you'll be charged.

I'd recommend asking them for clarification TBH.
Yeah that's exactly how i understood it too. Clear as mud! Quite a funny response really.

Yeah think it's best to get back in touch just to make sure. Thanks.

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
I pre-ordered two mvm blu-rays from up1 ages ago:

On Order :
ItemPriceStatus
DVD - (UK) Alice in Borderland Collection (Hyb) Blu-Ray
JULY 2022
Ordered on: 07/04/2022 00:47
Send when Complete
£19.99​
Order Placed
(Discounted Price : £ 11.994)
DVD - (UK) Release the Spyce Collection - Collector's Edition (Hyb) Blu-Ray
JULY 2022
Ordered on: 07/04/2022 00:47
Send when Complete
£39.99​
Order Placed
(Discounted Price : £ 25.9935)

It's the Release the Spyce Collector's i'm wondering about, as on up1 now it's srp is £59.99 - 33% Off - : £40.19.

Will they charge my card the discounted price?

I asked up1, and this was their response: ''Your order will be charged as price listed on web site or Discounted price listed on your account. Unless publisher changes prints, which you will be informed.''

It doesn't seem like a clear answer, can anyone else understand it better?
As you've ordered both titles for the discounted price, you'll be charged with the discounted price plus postage. I remember a while back I ordered Shield Hero and then they upped the price near its release but thankfully I was paid the discounted price.

In other words, when Spyce ships out from UP1, they'll charge you £25.99 + Postage.

SteadyHandMcDuff

As you've ordered both titles for the discounted price, you'll be charged with the discounted price plus postage. I remember a while back I ordered Shield Hero and then they upped the price near its release but thankfully I was paid the discounted price.

In other words, when Spyce ships out from UP1, they'll charge you £25.99 + Postage.
Cheers for that. I remember with a previous order in the past they sent an email that the price had been a mistake & if I wanted to cancel or continue with the new price but I haven't received anything with this one, so the signs do seem positive.

Titan

Chuunibyou
Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Received an email today from UP1 saying that they will no longer be stocking Australian DVD/Blu-rays.

We are sorry to inform you United Publications no longer stocking Australian DVD/Blu-Ray.
This is due to reduced interest Australian titles and increase shipping costs.

All outstanding orders will be cancelled.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Rosencrantz

Dragon Knight
Had a sudden thought about Rightstuf removing all the Adult stuff from their shop and checked what United Publications are selling. Looks like they definately get their stock via Rightstuf in some way or another as all the Adult BD/DvD are gone. Can't say I was rushing to pick anything up, but annoying the option is now gone for those that were.

Rosencrantz

Dragon Knight
Just had word from United Publications they had to cancel my Ladies Vs Butlets Undressed Edition - aparantly Rightstuf have gone radio silent about if they are actually going to fulfil existing orders. Given they burnt me on a figure order last year I can't see myself using Rightstuf again.

Darren Skippings

Great Teacher
Just had word from United Publications they had to cancel my Ladies Vs Butlets Undressed Edition - aparantly Rightstuf have gone radio silent about if they are actually going to fulfil existing orders. Given they burnt me on a figure order last year I can't see myself using Rightstuf again.
Had a long chat with UP1 just now, it might not be as drastic as that but he is being cautious as he has heard nothing from Rightstuf, according to the new site all old rightstuf orders will be honoured at existing pricing etc, so wait and see what happens.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Not strickly Anime and maybe wrong thread

But this is also a pretty hard hit on Manga from Fakku as I dont think anywhere else sells Fakku books. Importing them is crazy expensive

And Icarus Publishing is another I'm interested in as the only reason those books were still even in print was thanks to Rightstuf.

Might email asking but I'm pretty sure I know the answer lol

Darren Skippings

Great Teacher
Not strickly Anime and maybe wrong thread

But this is also a pretty hard hit on Manga from Fakku as I dont think anywhere else sells Fakku books. Importing them is crazy expensive

And Icarus Publishing is another I'm interested in as the only reason those books were still even in print was thanks to Rightstuf.

Might email asking but I'm pretty sure I know the answer lol
you might want to look at UP1, manga titles they don't get through Rightstuf so shouldn't be an issue in getting them.

Relaxo

Straw Hat Pirate
Had a long chat with UP1 just now, it might not be as drastic as that but he is being cautious as he has heard nothing from Rightstuf, according to the new site all old rightstuf orders will be honoured at existing pricing etc, so wait and see what happens.
According to their official statements, all adult stock would be moved to a Las Vegas based company, rumored to be associated with Adult Source Media. They should fulfill all orders, with prepaid orders fulfilled automatically and credit card orders after a confirmation of the card holder. And yes, they promised no extra fees will be charged...

However there is a problem:
The new company isn't ready yet for operation - and nobody knows how long it will take. Weeks?
And also: The name of the store might trigger customs agencies in countries with restrictions on adult material - many titles wouldn't pass even a R18 in the UK - so there is a higher risc of shipments getting confiscated.

Regarding books: Once you found the ISBN, it's quite easy to do an online search - and more than one would expect are actually still listed on Amazon UK. And at least technically every small bookstore might order them directly...

CommanderZx2

Straw Hat Pirate
So it is a new company in a different location? Isn't there problems with sharing personal information and payment details with a completely different company without permission or even asking first?

Relaxo

Straw Hat Pirate
Payment information wasn't shared - if prepaid, the payment itself was transfered - if credit card, the customer will be contacted.
E-Mail-Adresses and mailing adresses however were shared...

Otomo

I'm raging for you.
They shouldn't be mucking you around with a top anime like this.

I only own 2 copies myself of the standard DVD and Blu-ray so might have to get this.

UP cancelled my copy as well. Er, I mean, the copy I ordered for a friend. Yeah.

They didn't sound happy about the whole sordid business ("SOLD OUT") 😂

Titan

Chuunibyou

My copy was cancelled as well. I was just thinking, would it be possible for UP1 to acquire stock from another source eg: RACS

Darren Skippings

Great Teacher
My copy was cancelled as well. I was just thinking, would it be possible for UP1 to acquire stock from another source eg: RACS
UP1 at time of typing were looking into other options but with no direct communication from Rightstuf about what is happening plus the new company, they're waiting to see what happens.
In the past they did use to acquire title direct from publishers like they do Manga, they were looking to see if this is still a viable route.

CommanderZx2

Straw Hat Pirate
Read for yourself, it's all here.
So apparently the actual store website is going to be https://buyanime.com and eroanimestore is just the name of the company, the existing eroanimestore page will eventually just redirect to the more generic sounding anime store. It is surprising that no one else has taken such an URL domain before with how straight forward it is.