Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

JamesX said:
If you want to buy something from Amazon.com does it share the same account details as Amazon.co.uk? or do you need to make another account?

As far as I'm aware your details should be fine for all amazon sites bar Japan. I have ordered from the UK, USA and German sites using the same login details.

Just clicked onto Planet Axel and seen I have a voucher come up with value of £4.39

Anybody else had this?

EDIT: Just checked my email, seems like it's just something to do with not having made an order with them in a while!

Quick question, does anyone know if Right stuf wait till everything in your order has been released before they dispatch it. Or do they split up the order and dispatch them as they are released. First time ordering from them and I don't see anything about it in their FAQ.

wertwow said:
Quick question, does anyone know if Right stuf wait till everything in your order has been released before they dispatch it. Or do they split up the order and dispatch them as they are released. First time ordering from them and I don't see anything about it in their FAQ.

They will almost always wait until everything is ready, unless you ask them to split it (which costs a bit more). I've only had them part ship stuff without asking once before, but that was because something was delayed for an entire year unexpectedly!

R

Does anyone know what Amazon UK uses for international shipping? I know that Amazon US uses DHL courier, but I was wondering if Amazon UK uses DHL too or something else, like Royal Mail maybe?

They use a courier, it depends on the country you live. For example here in Italy they use a local courier called SDA, which is different from the one used by Amazon.com. I suppose that if you search on google for the phrase "courier used by Amazon.co.uk" (or similar, written in your native language), then you can find someone who wrote this info.

Teo

That makes it sound to me like they ship it with Parcelforce from the UK, who then hand it over to whichever courier they have ties to, so a similar Parcelforce-related search might also help.

Somewhat related, is there any schedule around that covers AU releases for anime on any other sites? I couldn't find one last I looked.

I don't know if i can post this here but i think its fine. Better than doing a new topic i guess.

Where do usually buy your anime? I mean, online/local retailer.

At the moment I use dvd.co.uk, play.com and used a few years ago axelmusic.com. Still have to try amazon.co.uk

bakum4tsu said:
I don't know if i can post this here but i think its fine. Better than doing a new topic i guess.

At the moment I use dvd.co.uk, play.com and used a few years ago axelmusic.com. Still have to try amazon.co.uk

I tend to use with Amazon and United Publications online, and HMV and Forbidden Planet IRL.

bakum4tsu said:

I use a mixture of for the UK- base, the hut/zavvi, amazon, hmv or anime on line.

For importing from US, I use PlanetAxel and have once or twice ordered from Deep Discount. The only experience I really had with them though, is that canceled orders still arrive. :p

UP1 has yet to be touched.

Outside, I've only ever used HMV as I've never seen a Forbidden Planet.

reborn said:
Somewhat related, is there any schedule around that covers AU releases for anime on any other sites? I couldn't find one last I looked.

Go to Anime News Network, and click the AU tab at the top of the screen, also check the Australian forums on their site.

Although ANN is down for me now.

bakum4tsu said:

I mainly use Amazon, as I have a Prime account. Play.com is the alternative when Amazon don't/can't get the job done.

I've used Zavvi once, but wasn't really impressed by their service.

Just bought from Australia via devoteddvd.com.au.

My local retailer is HMV, though I haven't bought instore for ages due to the prices being more than a little higher than online.

Just Passing Through said:
reborn said:

Go to Anime News Network, and click the AU tab at the top of the screen, also check the Australian forums on their site.

Although ANN is down for me now.
Yeah, ANN seems to have dropped doing their new releases articles for AU unless there has been nothing released since December.

I'm trying to buy from axelmusic and gives me an error when i try to confirm. From what a i remember, last time i bought overthere i think i could buy in euros but now they say that euros its just do see or whatever and that we have to buy in us or canadian currency. Didnt know about this...

I changed to dollars but its says thy couldnt connect to bank and could be their problem or the bank. I've tried several times and gives me the same error. Not sure but maybe its because the card doesnt let me buy in dollars? i dont know i have no idea...

has anyone tried to buy overthere in the last few hours?

I saw overthere peacemaker kurogane at a cheap price and i saw a good chance to get it since i cant seem to find the pal version of it, as least with a good price. :?

During two years between 2008 and 2009 i bought without no problems at axelmusic but now somethings wrong. The card is the same...

well all ya gotta do is

use canadian dollars - there system will transfer your pounds to canadian dollars

your bank might think its fraud if - next time you order from axleplanet and you get the same error (red writing) ring up your bank and say your trying to order something online but it wont work and say you want it to go though to axle planet. it happened to me plenty of times but it hasn't happened ( touch wood ) again

Back