Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

link2link8 said:
animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
sean morrison said:
Amazon uk/USA and axel music
i got the first series of guyver from uk/usa but i stop getting them from there cause i heard uk/usa was dealing bootleg dvds.
Wha?!
i heard uk2usa was dealing bootleg dvds that what i heard

Wha?!
Wha?!

Amazon themselves selling bootlegs is unheard of.
Amazon marketplace sellers (especialy in the USA) doing it does happen.

A quick google reveals a less than scrupulous site (or, at the very least, discussion about said site on other anime forums) that animefreak is clearly talking about.

Why he managed to misread what sean said and start talking about this other company is another matter entirely.

I just use Amazon UK or Play, though I'm contemplating importing Yu Yu Hakusho. Do I order through Amazon US , which would be best?

I'm in Ireland so I'll probably get stung on customs

MetalGearDesmond said:
I just use Amazon UK or Play, though I'm contemplating importing Yu Yu Hakusho. Do I order through Amazon US , which would be best?

Amazon UK or Play. There's a reasonable number of respectable import sellers on both.

MikeP said:
MetalGearDesmond said:

Amazon UK or Play. There's a reasonable number of respectable import sellers on both.

cheers will do

I've been using Planetaxel for some time without issue. There is no customs issue as they post everything to you from within the EU. They also post items as soon as they come in stock instead of waiting for release date, so most pre-orders have been posted to me early. As much as a month early.

mangaman74 said:

Thanks for searching YYH too

JohnC said:
I've been using Planetaxel for some time without issue. There is no customs issue as they post everything to you from within the EU. They also post items as soon as they come in stock instead of waiting for release date, so most pre-orders have been posted to me early. As much as a month early.

that sounds good

MetalGearDesmond said:
mangaman74 said:

JohnC said:

that sounds good. any shipping/ P&P charges with axel?

MetalGearDesmond said:
MetalGearDesmond said:
mangaman74 said:

JohnC said:

There are shipping costs - at the moment it looks like 89p per 100 grams (just move your cursor over where it says weight which is under the price).

http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/704400059933

Using season 1 on dvd as an example, this is listed as 300 grams which is currently £2.67. From time to time Planetaxel have special offers like recently all shipping costs were $0.99 (65p) regardless of the weight of the item.

One other point which I don't know if you are aware - you have to prepay at Planetaxel, so if you preorder something that is out in a months time you still have to pay for it now (I think they were having problems with credit card payments a few years back) as opposed to other sites where you pay when the order is shipped - if the price goes down between when you paid & the item is shipped, you get a voucher for the difference.

Hope all this helps.

mangaman74 said:
MetalGearDesmond said:
MetalGearDesmond said:
mangaman74 said:

JohnC said:

There are shipping costs - at the moment it looks like 89p per 100 grams (just move your cursor over where it says weight which is under the price).

http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/704400059933

Using season 1 on dvd as an example, this is listed as 300 grams which is currently £2.67. From time to time Planetaxel have special offers like recently all shipping costs were $0.99 (65p) regardless of the weight of the item.

One other point which I don't know if you are aware - you have to prepay at Planetaxel, so if you preorder something that is out in a months time you still have to pay for it now (I think they were having problems with credit card payments a few years back) as opposed to other sites where you pay when the order is shipped - if the price goes down between when you paid & the item is shipped, you get a voucher for the difference.

Hope all this helps.

Thanks. I appreciate it

I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with [illegal website]. I'm currently looking at buying Angel Beats and with it being my first time I don't want to stuff things up.

[link deleted]

Back