Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

VoxPhantom said:
Whilst we're on the subject of UP1, does anyone know if they operate a pre-order price guarantee like some of the other online retailers?
Here's what their FAQ page states:

For customers ordering by mail, the discount will be based on the day the order is received and processed.
Which is a tad confusing since there can be quite a gap between them receiving and processing an order. But their prices rarely change anyway. You just have to be mindful of major exchange rate fluctuations, which hasn't happened between the £ and $ for a while.

Just Passing Through said:
My debit card works out Ok for me. I spent AU55, around £36 recently, and got charged £1.10 commission by my bank.
It's a flat fee of £1 with Lloyds. Which isn't so bad on large orders, but is a nuisance for 50c.

Don't know if anyone was aware of this, but UP1 are in the process of setting up Paypal checkout on their site (finally!!). I contacted their ebay account with regards to the inventory they stock and why I don't use their site anymore (i don't have access to a debit/credit card...don't ask) and this was their response:

Dear ******,

UK new releases are normally posted and Manga books, we are unable to list US DVD on UK Ebay due to UK Ebay rules.
We will shortly have PayPal checkout on our web site, but until then we can issue PayPal invoices for any goods and postage listed on our web site just Email us at [email protected] with your PayPal email address.

- up_ltd

This has always been a stumbling block for me with them and TRSI, but as soon as paypal is set up I will definitely be using them for some orders now that axel has died :(

Was just wondering whether anyone here has used DeVoteD DVD since their website was given an overhaul. If so, what were the shipping times like and did you get hit by customs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

AntAce said:
Was just wondering whether anyone here has used DeVoteD DVD since their website was given an overhaul. If so, what were the shipping times like and did you get hit by customs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I got Gosick part 2 through yesterday. The package was marked as a gift, with a value of under €15, and came through Deutsche post, so I guess it missed Customs, as have the previous couple of orders post website upgrade. Shipping time was a smidge under two weeks.

I think I'll hold off for now. The last time I purchased an Aussie release it was the Bunny Drop dvd set - NISA soon after said they were releasing a blu-ray/dvd premium edition.

If I buy this Sentai will no doubt say they have season 1 for blu-ray.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I paid almost that much for the UK singles on DVD. An impatient fool, am I.

At least I got more cover art, right? :-/
Cool, I can back you up on that, because then it must mean that I got the most value by buying the JP singles...

Re: Anime Online Retailers

Since this is retailer related, i thought i'd fire this out here. It appears a lot of people i follow on twitter have been hit by card fraud, and they suspect it could be linked to Anime-on-Line. Now i'm not sure it is, but considering they are spotted everywhere over the UK and that's the main link, i thought i'd bring it up here. Apparently O2 are taking £10/15 charges from accounts at first before moving onto larger amounts. I only bring this up in case you've used them recently. It's possible it isn't that site, but i wanted to throw heads up here anyways so you know so you can check to be safe.

Back