Where do you buy your manga?

Disco Machine said:
Worlds Apart or (more often) Forbidden Planet in Liverpool. It doesn't really help that I pass Forbidden Planet twice a day on the way to uni and back, so I end up with a random volume of whatever instead of lunch.

=D

Good too see another dude from Liverpool. I go exactly the same place. Infact, I went to FB today. =X

Neon-Noir said:
Since our trip to London I've been using the 3 for 2 on all manga sale that Blackwell's in London are having - the only probloem is that I only get up to London about once a month, and although their selection is extensive - it will often have odd numbers in a series, like they'll have volumes 2-4 of Excel Saga and no voume 1. But it's always nice to be able to physically go and buy the book instead of waiting for it to come through the post - instant gratification.

Very true, I love just reading a few pages on the train on the way home.

I get mine from Waterstones when I can get there (the nearest one is in the next town over). 3 for 2 is a sweeet deal. But if they don't have what I'm looking for then *shudder* Amazon.co.uk...feckers took a month to send me Love Hina vol.10.

Amazon, pretty much the whole time. They're cheap(er), and they've always been reliable delivering stuff to me by the date they said they would. I also always buy in bulk, so P&P isn't an issue. The only other place I've brought manga was in Ottakars, when I was just starting to buy it and wanted to try out some - then a few more, because I was hooked :p .

Just today I used the 3for2 offer in Blackwells, and I've used Play and UP1 in the past.
Basically whatever works out cheapest, I like the bargain hunting.
Same niggles as everyone else, Play having unforgivable listings and Blackwells seemingly not re-stocking, I've been in every now and then for a couple of months and they've only ever had FLCL volume 2.
Tsk.

Methvens, which has a huge selection and Ottakers, which has a smaller selection. Although, Ottakers offers a 'Manga Collecter's Card' at the moment and once you buy three mangas, you get the fourth free! Very useful.

There's also some comic book stores in Brighton that I need to visit more.

Usually buy from amazon coz they are cheap and can usually find what im looking for but from time to time i but from waterstones when they have new manga in like when they got Rurouni Kenshin in, i bought the first 2 volumes up and now just found out i can get up to 26 from amazon but waterstones said the next one wont be out till next month,so im gonna stick with amazon from now on :D

I must say I find it really hard to follow mangas in the UK, since so few stores stock the latest issues. I am starting to go off reading mangas.

Forbidden Planet, Travelling Man and Waterstones in Manchester.

I also buy off Amazon when I can't find volume one of something. (which happens a lot :( )

Never bought manga off ebay though...

I get my manga from a mixture of places.
I offten shop in Abstract Sprocket which is a local shop in Norwich, but the prices are always pritty expensive, and the selection quiet limited. Dito that of Kulture Shock anouther local shop, that one is better for Anime :)
I mostly shop in My local Ottikers or Borders they always have a good selection ^_^
Other then that i buy my books online, play.com normaly =x

I buy my manga in in this comic book store called Gosh comics right next to the british museum or sometimes i get it from my dad in the USA.
I also buy my anime at HMV, conventions, or from my dad :p

My local forbbiden planet has loads, I havent had a problem finding any from there yet. Perhaps they are cheaper buying online though

I buy mine from many places depending on what I want, when I want and how much I'll spend...

Ebay - Got genshiken for £2 so sometimes some brilliant bargains are here, especially when they don't overcharge on postage
Play.com and Amazon depending on prices
Forbidden Planet if I'm at my girlfriends place in london
Borders my local shop if I just want something to read then and there

i get mine from waterstones and amazon.co.uk. i tend to use amazon more though as its cheaper, that is when you buy from the used and new section (just ordered fullmoon o sagashite volume 1 for £5.08 including postage costs!) :D

i buy mine mostly from Amazon.co.uk but when i go out, i always go to a rather small (but HUGE inside) comic book shop called, ''Orbital Comics''
you have to walk downstairs from the shop door then they have lots of manga, and US comics, also quiet a bit of merchandise too.
but recently i have not bought any proper manga for like 3 months...i am WAY behind in all of the series i am collecting. --__--

I buy all my stuff from Up1.co.uk now.

If the stuff is in stock, and you order during office hours, you get your delivery the next day. Everything I've got has come in great condition too.

Back