Where do you buy your manga?

I never bought manga and I won't do as well for a while since theres no comic shop in Bradford or newsagent/shopping place who sell any kind of manga. Harsh, isn't it

I generally go to Borders its round the corner. But if i'm looking for some specific i go to Forbidden Planet London. Which has a MASSIVE manga section. But then Amazon sells manga at £4.19 which is cheap. Ow now i don't know where to shop.

Border = Lazy

Amazon = Skint

Forbidden Planet = Hunting

Amazon.co.uk when I'm buying in bulk (free postage)
Amazon marketplace when I'm not buying in bulk (or the bulk is out of stock)
Forbidden Planet when I'm feeling lucky (although the luck rarely leads to anything and I end up buying crap that I didn't come in for).

Guyver 0 said:
I buy my girlfriend manga so she doesn't read mine. I got her into Love Hina.

Nope you got it backwards dude, she needs to buy it for herself and then you read hers far more cost effective (media student ah, good with cameras not with cash lol)

i buy mine from my local books.etc mostly, although there beginning to have quite a limited selection, i might start buying online.

Manga in London

I generally buy my books at Forbidden Planet but they can be a bit pricey although they have a good selection. Other alternatives are Amazon where is you spent a certain amount delivery is free. I have recently started buying books from the states as sometimes it takes ages for the titles to reach our shores.

An interesting thing i've noticed for some titles is that the American Amazon gets the book a month ahead of the UK. And in some cases the Canadian Amazon gets the books one month before the americans. So, if you are particulary fond of a series it is worth checking the global sites.

yeah ive been buying mine from amazon lately, the delivery is very good and some of the books are alot cheaper than in stores.

McIcy said:
Guyver 0 said:
I buy my girlfriend manga so she doesn't read mine. I got her into Love Hina.

Nope you got it backwards dude, she needs to buy it for herself and then you read hers far more cost effective (media student ah, good with cameras not with cash lol)

LOL this is the method I used to use, but I think shes cotton on to it and my memory altering spells don`t work that well on her.

Other than that I order from United publications or buy from either forbidden planet, orbit comics or gosh in west end london.

Back