What series do you think should get a reboot?

JAKEMAN

Stand User
Seeing as the evangelion movies are half way through, Dragonball Kai nearly finishing the cell saga, What other anime series would you like to see be "rebooted"?

Seeing as Nostaglia is the fore front of alot of these reboots I think a series that would deserve a reboot would be none other than.

nadesico--img-m282c03f2285e2e447b147a166c9a99d2.jpg

Yes thats right Martian Successor Nadesico, it was one of my first series along with evangelion, burn up w and Dirty Pair flash that got me into anime. Robots, wars, girls, comedy it had the perfect combination and a great story tied to it.

What was even better was the fact that the movie Prince of Darkness totally shifted the themes to that of a more darker tone, while still holding some of the aspects of the series. The movie it self ended at a crossroads, I will not spoil but it really put it as WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NOW.

Originally the series was planned after the movie, but due to some behind the scenes mix up or something the series was cancelled with only the reasoning that "It would be impossible to do a series now" as the answer to its cancelation.

I think that a reboot of the series would be awesome not only to reenlight the flames among fans of the show but to bring the series to a whole new generation of anime fans.

Now discuss your series that you wish to have a reboot,

LETS GO GEKIGANGER 3!

Love Hina deserves a reboot, the ending of the anime dissapointed me to no end, plus the new characters they added in such as Kentaro were uneccesary, seriously, Keitaro already has to compete with Seto so there was no point for him to exist, at least Winner Sinclair from Karin actually worked, because as far as i remember, there wasn't really a rival character for Usui in the manga, so he was a fantastic edition to the cast

whoah, i went raging there :lol: , but i would like to see LH get what Hellsing is currently getting, an OVA series, i reckon that'll work much better for it than a TV series :)

Love Hina is perfect as it is, so a reboot would struggle to live up to the standard of the original. I would still love every bit of it though. :D

Seeing as Yoshiaki Kawajiri has recently been let out of space prison to make some kind of net animation, I'd really like them to redo Cyber City Oedo.

Comedy dubbing aside, I still maintain that series had plenty of scope for further, faintly ridiculous future-detective shennanigans. Basically, I'm looking for Stand Alone Complex with more space vampires.

valha said:
I would like to see a reboot of friuts basket as i love that serie and i want to see more of what happns after.

I agree with Fruits basket! Amazing manga that would be so awesome to see in anime form right to the end.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Negima could also use a reboot, the 2 anime series have gone nowhere, I liked them but an anime series that follows the manga would be fun.
What about the OADs, current one is still ongoing. They've been following the manga fine. Would be nice to do a remake with it all that good.

One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e, produced by KyoAni obviously.
Anything where the hentai OVA gets credited with having more plot than the clean one needs a redo. Also supposed to be about the most confusing anime ever made.

As I can't simply use this thread to express LITTLE BUSTERS! ANIME F'KIN WHERE!!!!! :evil:

Professor Irony said:
Seeing as Yoshiaki Kawajiri has recently been let out of space prison to make some kind of net animation, I'd really like them to redo Cyber City Oedo.

Comedy dubbing aside, I still maintain that series had plenty of scope for further, faintly ridiculous future-detective shennanigans. Basically, I'm looking for Stand Alone Complex with more space vampires.

That one I would agree giving a sequel or remake too. It always get criticized for it use of offensive language on the English DUB, but the language makes perfect senses really. As the three main protagonists are all heavy repeat criminals (so not angels) put into a situation where failure means death. I think they would be very frustrated and swearing would be a natural result.

TRASHBAT said:
Even though I adore it as it is, i'd love to see Trigun rebooted with the Trigun Maximum storyline.

hmm, I have somewhat mixed feelings about this idea. You see as much as I love the Trigun Maximum manga and storyline, in some ways(and this is very rare for an anime that was completed before the manga)I feel the anime Trigun actually ended up with a better storyline overall.

Don't get me wrong the anime had it's flaws and Maximum definitely has many strong points which I love it for. However overall I just prefer the more simple story of the anime that didn't get over complex like the manga did in some ways, the manga also seemed to rely more and more on hyper violent crazy action which towards the end got a wee bit too much for me at times.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge fan of the manga storyline, but I just feel that the anime got the balance so spot on the first time around(yes I even totally loved the ending) that I feel an updated series is just not needed and may even blemish our great memories of the original.

sorry for the ramble, I've thought about his before as you can tell :wink:

vashdaman said:
TRASHBAT said:
Even though I adore it as it is, i'd love to see Trigun rebooted with the Trigun Maximum storyline.

hmm, I have somewhat mixed feelings about this idea. You see as much as I love the Trigun Maximum manga and storyline, in some ways(and this is very rare for an anime that was completed before the manga)I feel the anime Trigun actually ended up with a better storyline overall.

Don't get me wrong the anime had it's flaws and Maximum definitely has many strong points which I love it for. However overall I just prefer the more simple story of the anime that didn't get over complex like the manga did in some ways, the manga also seemed to rely more and more on hyper violent crazy action which towards the end got a wee bit too much for me at times.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge fan of the manga storyline, but I just feel that the anime got the balance so spot on the first time around(yes I even totally loved the ending) that I feel an updated series is just not needed and may even blemish our great memories of the original.

sorry for the ramble, I've thought about his before as you can tell :wink:

Haha, no, I understand. I really do love Trigun, and it's my favourite anime for a reason, but I still ache for more Wolfwood (a little selfish, I know. hee.) I'd also love to see Livio, too.

I'd worry about the animation not being as charming, though. I love the look of the anime and doubt it would look as nice.

^ Yeah I know how you feel Id love to see some more Wolfwood and definitely an animated Livio would be awesome to see too, but still...

Also agree about the animation, you just can't beat good ol fashioned cel animation, there's just something special about it, darn shame that nearly no animations are still made that way anymore.

KyoAni to re-do the first season of FMP, and totally split up the main/side stories like with Fumoffu and TSR.

F/SN as a series of movies, including Fate/Zero. Also Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tooya/Melty done as a TV series.

Not a reboot as such, but more anime based on Kyougoku Natsuhiko's Hyakkiyakou/Kyougokudou novel series, made by the same staff as Mouryou no Hako.

SHAFT version of Azumanga Daioh.

P.A.Works version of Tenjou Tenge.

Live-action film trilogy of Urasawa Naoki's Monster. And in somewhat reverse of that, anime series of 20th Century Boys.

Screw Kai and its DBZ animation re-used, I'd love to see a newly animated from the ground up adaptation of the Dragon Ball manga. As in not just from "Z", I mean from vol. 1 of the manga through to vol. 42, with no filler (apart from the odd fight extending a bit, that's fine).

Sadly Kai and its only covering "Z" and using the old animation has ruined any chance of this, but its still the series I think should get a reboot...

ColdCobra said:
Screw Kai and its DBZ animation re-used, I'd love to see a newly animated from the ground up adaptation of the Dragon Ball manga. As in not just from "Z", I mean from vol. 1 of the manga through to vol. 42, with no filler (apart from the odd fight extending a bit, that's fine).

Sadly Kai and its only covering "Z" and using the old animation has ruined any chance of this, but its still the series I think should get a reboot...

I know what you mean, I would love a re-vision of the series you like like the tenchi series did. Introduce different characters at different points like having the tournaments be more in DBZ as well hehe.

I found out about the plan to eradicate the sayains is gonna be on DBZ raging Blast 2. Gotta buy the game to watch it, hehe hopefully once kai is over they will do some new movies maybe.

Lupus said:
FMA, BONES managed to ruin it twice. Just give it to Madhouse, they will do me proud.
My first thoughts. I went to check information about the upcoming film and that's rumoured to be live-action? Sucks.

I was going to say Lupin III, but don't mess with the classics, right? So I'll go for the Dirty Pair. I'd like to see Kei and Yuri rebooted, smarter, but still sexy, causing even more mayhem than ever.

Mutsumi said:
Love Hina is perfect as it is, so a reboot would struggle to live up to the standard of the original. I would still love every bit of it though. :D
the Love Hina anime? Perfect? Nowhere near in my opinion, although i recall somnething along the lines of financial difficulties which prevented more eps to be produced, so putting it into that context, the half arsed ending might not have been a half arsed ending afterall

Back