What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Also "Treat Me Like a Slut" by Kim Petras, like honestly my bisexuality takes such a massive heckin' gay turn when I look at her she's just so pretty XD (not posting the video here though, you can probably guess why from the title lol).

Bought a couple of CDs recently, first was the Life Was Better EP by Magic Dirt who reissued it themselves. I think it'd be great if a lot more stuff on the long defunct Au Go Go label could see re-release.

Also finally got Sudan Archives' Athena album from a couple years back. Great album, not a bad track on it.

Bought a couple of CDs recently, first was the Life Was Better EP by Magic Dirt who reissued it themselves. I think it'd be great if a lot more stuff on the long defunct Au Go Go label could see re-release.

Also finally got Sudan Archives' Athena album from a couple years back. Great album, not a bad track on it.

You have cool taste in music :)

You have cool taste in music :)
Ta. I think as I have got older my tastes in music have become far more eclectic. Plus I am constantly rediscovering stuff I missed the first time in my youth or my 20's or later. So much stuff was released and not great deal got any radio play where I lived. Currently binging on 1980's Chicago House and Acid House, which I mostly bypassed as a teen, also listening to and rediscovering a lot of mid 1990's anison and utterly surprised at how well written and produced it was. Also an artist I have just discovered is Erykah Badu and am currently going through her back catalogue. I don't know what happened here, but it just really feels like the local division of her record company never promoted her here back in the late 1990's, meanwhile she was number one in the US and selling really well in the UK.

One of the most wholesome, child friendly Weebl's Stuff videos (I wanna warn everyone that some of his stuff really ISN'T suitable for kids/work so tread carefully). Can't get enough shrimp glockenspiel XD

This came up in my YouTube recomendations the other day. Cracking song and the drummer is amazing! The album is great too!

No matter how old or obscure an anime song or album might be, I've found it's always worth checking if it's on iTunes before importing an overpriced CD from Japan or going through the agony of getting scalped for a second-hand copy on eBay. Here are a couple I bought today.

1645727849041.png

iTunes describes the Ideon album as the movie soundtrack, but it seems to be a comprehensive collection of music from both the TV series and movies, plus an Ideon symphony!

Casey Rankin was an American composer who performed several anime and J-drama songs in the 70s and 80s. The album above includes Sky Hurricane, the classic opening for Super Dimension Century Orguss.

Everybody knows this band as they did the Lain opening, but I don't think many people listen beyond that and they should. They made two really good albums. The first one is very emo. They have this perfect late 90s early 2000s sound that makes me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Eternal Darkness on Gamecube.

Discovered this amazing metal band at the weekend. Bloodywood are from India and use a lot of traditional Indian musical instruments and melodies mixed into their brand of heavy rap metal. It's very very good.

This next song also shows the strength of theor convictions as a very pointed song about the need for men to start taking men to task over sexual abuse. Contains trigger warnings for flashing lights, violence and sexual assault (the last 2 are just in the lyrics) it's a banging song and goes hard

Discovered this amazing metal band at the weekend. Bloodywood are from India and use a lot of traditional Indian musical instruments and melodies mixed into their brand of heavy rap metal. It's very very good.

This next song also shows the strength of theor convictions as a very pointed song about the need for men to start taking men to task over sexual abuse. Contains trigger warnings for flashing lights, violence and sexual assault (the last 2 are just in the lyrics) it's a banging song and goes hard

Good stuff. That mix of political rage and traditional instruments reminds me of Sepultura.

Bought quite a few albums in recent weeks which I am going through slowly. Some a new ones some are rebuys of stuff I sold off to someone back in the late 1990's. The missing piece in my Grimes collection was Halfaxa. Since Ms Boucher decided to remove certain tracks from the streaming versions of the album, I got the full length 16 track UK release from 2011. Have to say this is the most disappointing Grimes album in her discography. At times it sounds like sketches or vague ideas for songs than complete finished songs. There are some great tracks on the album though.

One of my favourite hip hop albums of the early 1990's, EPMD's Business as Usual. This was when I was heavily into hip hop and was trying to find anything I could. Of course there was zero airplay of this stuff where I was living besides music video show Rage. On occasion I would just buy albums based upon reviews in the Source, which for some reason the local newsagent began stocking monthly in late 1989. Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith could not sound more different from each other in terms of vocals and delivery, but somehow it just works. Plus the album is just jammed full of fantastic funk, soul and R&B samples.

my aunt popped round before with some S Club 7 CDs she got from a charity shop last week, i kinda forgot how much of is pretty pure late 90's/early00's cheese also managed to get lucky on these mostly being deluxe/re-releases so i get a couple more tracks

also got a Mel C CD thinking it had the Bryan Adams song on it but bugger did it, atleast i remember a couple of the songs on this album

Back