What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

One of the reasons I like anime songs is because I can't understand most of the lyrics. So many songs (from any country) have trash lyrics that could have come out of a random word generator. Seriously, songwriters, if you're not going to tell a story, paint a picture, or make a statement, you may as well just hum. Once in a while though, I come across a song with lyrics that put a big, dumb grin on my face. Like this one.

Really enjoying the previews for Muse's upcoming 20th anniversary remix album for Origin of Symmetry. It sounds so much better with a lot of stuff buried in the original mix now getting more focus as well as a more dynamic sound. Never realized how much was hidden under that phasing sound at the end of Citizen Erased. The piano and strings sound amazing! Looking forward to Micro Cuts since previews have shown Matt's voice without distortion and a harpsichord reintroduced in the new mix.

I relistened to Duran Duran’s self-titles debut album recently to commemorate its 40th anniversary, still a solid debut with some standout classics.

I've always loved Rise Against and although I wasnt massively impressed by the new album at first it has massively grown on me and now I cant stop listening! I think the complete lack of screaming put me off as all the vocals are clean but it really is an amazing album and theres not a single song I'd want to skip.

Back