What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

New Found Glory have done a 3rd From the Screen to your Stereo ep. Hands down my fav track on it is their version of Let It Go from Frozen!

Been listening to this far too much really

Talking about Falling Down by Oasis elsewhere, I love this extended remix by Amorphous Androgynous (AKA The Future Sound of London) aptly called 'A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding in Your Mind':

@WMD I've been listening to that one a lot too! I really liked Frozen, so it's great that my favourite song from it has been covered by one of my favourite bands.

I'm a big Back To The Future Fan too, so I love their Power of Love cover from the same EP. 👍

(I was gonna post a YouTube video here, but it seems like it's not on there at all!)

@WMD I've been listening to that one a lot too! I really liked Frozen, so it's great that my favourite song from it has been covered by one of my favourite bands.

I'm a big Back To The Future Fan too, so I love their Power of Love cover from the same EP. 👍

(I was gonna post a YouTube video here, but it seems like it's not on there at all!)

Yeah that Power of Love cover is great as well. It amazes me how they take all these totally different songs and make them sound like they were always New Found Glory songs!

I got the impression they were going to do a video for every song on it so there may be one on it's way. Hope so anyway.

So I recently took a listen to the 'old song now resurfacing thanks to modern logic' in the form of Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love. Listening to this song felt very nostalgic and I think it's great. The song came from the 1984 album Variety which is still available to import from Amazon Japan, but I believe this song is included in her upcoming Turntable album due this August. The song is not available on Spotify but some of her recent songs are.

Moving from Japanese pop to jazz is Hako Yamasaki's さすらい (Sasurai), from her 1975 album 飛・び・ま・す (Tobimasu). I dig this, it's like a song you find in the middle of a bar. This song is available to listen on Spotify.

Along the way, I also discovered MONDO GROSSO's ラビリンス (Labyrinth), which has a great electronic beat to it. The song came from the 2017 album 何度でも新しく生まれる (Born Again and Again). This song is available to listen on Spotify.

Added bonus: For those wondering where Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen is a reference to, well don't be paranoid.

I’m currently in the interval for Think Floyd, (a cover group for Pink Floyd) whose concert of the evening mainly revolves around a 40th anniversary celebration of the 1979 double album The Wall. So far they’ve been very impressive, and have never failed to deliver a great concert.

So this just sort of snuck its way into my YouTube recommendations, and I'm so glad it did. Zerwee is an attempt by (as far as I can tell) one man to try and emulate the classic 90's Weezer sound, and it's so spot on, it's actually kind of spooky. It feels like these are lost tracks from the Pinkerton sessions, or B-Sides or something, it's really uncanny. Take the above track, for example, which feels along the same lines as 'Across The Sea', as the song's narrator hypotheses what he might have been like if he'd have been born a few generations ago, and if that way he could have met the girl of his dreams. It's a fun and upbeat song, with an underlying tinge of angst and sadness that really mimics Pinkerton era Weezer incredibly well.

Then there's this gem, which really doesn't need much of an explanation. Honestly, it's just a fantastic song. The full EP is only 15 minutes long, I'd highly recommend Weezer fans check it out, it's probably better than most of the material they've put out in the past decade.

Avalon by Roxy Music and Boys and Girls by Bryan Ferry.

Also recently listened to two albums by The Fixx, Reach the Beach and Phantoms.

Miami Vice is a haven for great 80s music.

Been listening to Hollowness by Minami quite a bit for some reason. It was the second track on the CD for the OP of Domestic Girlfriend.

Comrades have released a new album. On my first listen but it's great.
Mix of mellow and heavy, sung and screamy. All three have a go at vocals in the album as well so end up with a nice mix of vocal styles and a blend of female and male voices.

All three in the band are super talented which makes it all quite technical sounding.

I first discovered this band supporting Silent Planet at the New Cross Inn

Back