What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Been listening to select tracks the Persona 4 OST by Shoji Meguro. It just makes me want to play P4G again.

Also had a lot of Buckethead playing recently. My favourite albums of his are Colma and Electric Tears

So Dream Theater just dropped their latest album and it is so good. I think this is probably my favourite of the bunch so far, but I need to give it some more listens. It is astonishing (forgive the pun) how a band can put out material this good 30 years into their career.

Whilst starting the Fall 2018 search, I thought I'd check some of this seasons OP/EDs:
Dororo OP
Dororo ED
Interestingly both tracks are titled in English rather than the Japanese title according to MAL.
That's pretty much it at the moment, most others I like are sung by the VAs which tend to (although there are exceptions) not be available on the UK Spotify.

Whilst starting the Fall 2018 search, I thought I'd check some of this seasons OP/EDs:
Dororo OP
Dororo ED
Interestingly both tracks are titled in English rather than the Japanese title according to MAL.
That's pretty much it at the moment, most others I like are sung by the VAs which tend to (although there are exceptions) not be available on the UK Spotify.
You tried sound cloud? Some of the stuff is a bit older but there are lots of instrumental covers and that. It's much more like YouTube than itunes/streaming services in that a tonne of stuff is uploaded by users

You tried sound cloud? Some of the stuff is a bit older but there are lots of instrumental covers and that. It's much more like YouTube than itunes/streaming services in that a tonne of stuff is uploaded by users
I was doing a quick search for my playlist which is for ligit songs and not, the mostly terrible, covers.

It's probably too early for some of the songs to have come out, that's why I waited so long to start the Fall 2018 search.

Soundcloud like YouTube would be mostly pirate stuff, unless uploaded by the artist themselves, although I think you have to pay for those ones on SC (the YouTube legit ones would be supported by ads I guess). I'm already paying for Spotify and it's linked to my Last.fm account so songs automatically Scrobble.

If I really really wanted a track and it wasn't on Spotify I would import from Japan. I brought about 5 CDs from last year.

I’ve been listening to quite a bit of The Chameleons’ discography recently. My Dad has their first three albums so I’ve just been listening to them amongst other musicians when working on my Final Major Project reflection and dissertation.

After watching the live-action Blade of the Immortal this song came up in the ending credits, it is so good:

MIYAVI also did the opening song for KOKKOKU: Moment by Moment.

Once again citing Rock Band as a reference as I've been listening to The Neighbourhood. I quite liked their Sweater Weather song and decided to check out more of their music.

Bought the untitled ・・・・・・・・・ (pronounced “Dots”) album a while back. They're an anonymous shoegaze alt-idol group. I don't usually like idol stuff, but the music is pretty good (the LP includes tracks written by indie pop Tokyo group For Tracy Hyde amongst others).

My Dad got a copy of the new Heaven 17 Play to Win: The Virgin Years collection, which spans 1981s Penthouse and Pavement up to 1988s Teddy Bear, Duke and Psycho so I’m working my way through these albums. I’ve seen them twice live now and they’re great.

I’ve been listening to quite a bit of The Chameleons’ discography recently. My Dad has their first three albums so I’ve just been listening to them amongst other musicians when working on my Final Major Project reflection and dissertation.
After some thinking I think this is my favourite song of theirs:
I love the sparse yet effective use of synths to drive the song.

The Fever 333
I can't get enough of these guys. Lead singer of letlive, guitarist of The Chariot and drummer of Night Verses. Think Rage Against the Machine but more screamy and more melodic with a the social and political anger you might expect. Both their ep (Made an America) and their album (Strength in Numb333rs) are amazing releases.

(Sorry don't know how to imbed a video like others have done)

Back