What manga are you reading now?

The Dungeon of Black Company volume 3
The Way of the Househusband volume 6
Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! volume 3
Nosatsu Junkie volume 8 (JP)
Wotakoi omnibus volume 5
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten volume 2 (LN)

The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 11
Memories of the past 6 years and summer vacation.
The first 4 chapters deal with the first one to meet Futaro and the subsequent years. Interesting to see that the meeting was the catalyst for the Quints to start becoming more individual with Yotsuba putting her ribbon in because she got annoyed with Ichika talking with Futaro after being the one that spent the day with him and then the end of the 4th chapter is heartbreaking when she seems to have given up on loving him for the sake of which ever sister he chooses despite being in love with him ever since that day! Sad for my favourite 😢

The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 12
Their final school festival, a non-committal confession, and Nino and Ichika's POV of events before and after (the other 3 get the same treatment in the next volume).

The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 13
We have a winner! Or do we?
Thinking there may be a final twist to come yet. I would be very happy if this quint was the winner though!

The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 14 (complete)
And the winner is...
I'm not telling you! You'll have to wait till the movie or read it yourself 😜 Although if you really want a clue, my favourite won!
Overall it was quite a fun read and on the odd occasion quite moving. The final volume wasn't the best, as once the winner was chosen we didn't get much time with the 2 of them together as couple, and there were 2 "it was all a dream" fake outs including one right at the end which was more than a tad confusing.
Art wise it stayed fairly consistent, but apart from a handful of panels (actually it was mainly the double page spreads) there was nothing too amazing. The girls were all pretty cute, but because of the quint thing there was no variation. The mangaka must have thought it a stroke of genius at first, but was probably bored of drawing the same body over and over again by the end.
8/10

Are You Okay with a Slightly Older Girlfriend? volume 6 (LN, complete) - A somewhat lacklustre final volume that doesn't tie up the majority of the loose ends.

Nodame Cantabile volume 1
You Call That Service? volume 4 (LN)
Eromanga Sensei volume 5 (JP)
Restaurant to Another World volume 3 (LN)
Seibetsu "Mona Lsa" no Kimi e. volume 1 (JP)

Bloom into You Anthology Vol 1
A series of short stories involving characters from Bloom into You. A fair few were comedic or light hearted what ifs rather than something that could fit into the story. Favourites include The Night at the Festival by Mekimeki which had Touka and Yuu in Yukata and some nice art, Let's Write a Script! by Aya Fumio in which Koyomi, Yuu, and Sayaka start planning the script for a play and they imagine Touka cross dressing among other things, Fleeting Cherry Blossoms by Yuriko Hara had a sweet story involving poetry (although the characters were most off model of all the stories) and my favourite which didn't involve the main cast at all, but the older couple from the series in a SoL story with a mix of sweetness, drama and ecchi called Bitter Coffee Time by Hiroichi.

The Dungeon of Black Company volume 5-6
My Youth Romantic Comedy volume 7.5 (LN)
Tesla Note volume 1
You're My Cutie volume 2
Rent-A-Girlfriend volume 6

Whenever Our Eyes Meet (yuri anthology)
Pretty nice collection of stories about women meeting at work. Similar to the first volume of Syrup there were different varieties of how that was interpreted. My favourite was Oblivious You by Mizuasou in which a teacher and student have feelings for one another, but the student is oblivious to what she feels and the teacher feels she can't do anything about it and then the student comes back as a teacher herself...
Honourable mentions to Masking Lady by Haru Harukawa and You Did Well by Saya Fuyume.

Dirty Pair Omnibus (manga) (complete)
The complete collection of the manga adaptation of the LN by Haruka Takachiho with art by Hisao Tamaki.
There's only 3 stories which vary in length from 30 pages to over 200. The titular pair solve various problems in a chaotic manner with some good action and some funny moments. Some of the sci-fi elements get a little too techno-babble, especially the short middle chapter which involved a black hole and time travel.
The art was pretty good although the design for the MCs were fairly basic (probably from being a take on designs from 40 years ago) and the mouths would go from having lips to no lips and back again. And most of the time the lips were odd looking.
7/10

Back