What manga are you reading now?

Combatants Will Be Dispatched volume 6 (LN) - All caught up to Japan now, so no more of these for awhile :(
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (complete)
Gokumane! (one-shot, JP)
Tokyo GhostBros (one-shot, JP)

Kanojo to Boku no End Roll (one-shot, JP) - this and the two above are one-shots from the Domestic Girlfriend author and there is a popularity vote to decide which becomes her next serialised series. Personally, I like all of them, but Gokumane! and Kanojo to Boku probably have the most longevity of the lot.

The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess volume 3
After Waiting for a Kiss volume 1 (complete)
Altina The Sword Princess volume 11 (LN)
Crossing Time (Complete)
Nosatsu Junkie volume 7 (JP)
The Devil is a Part Timer! volume 14 (LN)
Can Someone Please Explain What's Going On? volume 7 (LN)
Boys Run the Riot volume 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess volume 9

I just finished My Wife is Wagatsuma-san.

The overall vibe is similar to Genshiken, just a bit more silly and with a slight sci-fi element (the MC experiences short jumps to the future). It had lots of funny moments, a likeable MC and an interesting supporting cast (some of his friends are pretty gross, but still amusing). Nice art too.

Possibly the only downside is that there are a lot of references to Japanese celebrities (comedians/newsreaders/pro wrestlers/politicians/etc), so some of the humour is probably lost on most of us. On the other hand, there's always a small caption explaining who the person in question is, so you'll probably end up learning a few random bits of Japanese pop culture!

Nostalgia time! I discovered this week that Mad Love Chase by Kazusa Takashima, an old favourite series of mine, is available in digital version at a good price. (I have the original print Volumes 2-5 from TOKYOPOP c. 2010 but started the series in French...) It's still a really fun read, although the hectic pace is sometimes too hectic and the comedy doesn't always work. But the art is still gorgeous.

Been reading Play It Cool, Guys volume 2. I don't have volume 1 and jumped straight into this one, and honestly if this didn't say volume 2 on the cover I would easily think it's volume 1. It's very friendly to jump straight into this one, introduces the characters to you and so far it's just been short stories I've had no problem with missing context at all.
Very charming full colour manga. It's a little expensive for being the thinnest manga in my collection but I'm happy with it. It's fun and I will definitely be giving it re-reads in future when I need a little lighthearted fun manga to read.

Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Makes You a Wizard! volume 2
Koisuru (otome) no Tsukurikata volume 1 (JP)
Call of the NIght volume 3
A Man and His Cat volume 4
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction volume 10
Unnamed Memory volume 3 (LN)
Super Hxeros volume 4
The Great Cleric volume 5 (LN)
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Home Alone (LN)

What Did You Eat Yesterday? #16 by Fumi Yoshinaga (Vertical) - my print copy arrived at long last (pre-ordered ages ago, but delayed...) but was, as always, well worth the wait! Yoshinaga-sensei is so clever at slowly advancing the story alongside the delicious recipes the characters make (there's even an eat-out chapter!) - and the main cast feel like old friends by now.

A School Frozen in Time volume 3
Flower Dust (complete)
Biting a Vampire (complete)
By the Grace of the Gods volume 9 (LN)

Bungo Stray Dogs volume 20 - I've been enjoying this arc a great deal, but with this volume in particular I think we've gotten to the point where a lot of it has to be reversed. Although it'll be interesting to see if Akutagawa's death sticks or not.

Isekai Anime Koubou volume 2 (JP)
My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected volume 7 (LN)
All That Pierces the Heart volume 1
The Apothecary Diaries volume 3
The Executioner and Her Way of Life volume 2 (LN)

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 79 - 80

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 54

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 92

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 73.1 - 74.2

Houkago no Goumon ch 96-98

I, a Demon Lord, took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her? ch 36 - 37

Lust Geass ch 38

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 633 - 634

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime ch 88

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 79 - 80

Aria the Masterpiece vol 1 (AKA Aqua (complete))
Thought I'd read this to see if I really do want to buy the rest or not. Hmm, I'm not sure. I mean I know it's SoL, but it seems a little too chilled. The most similar thing I've read is Hakumei and Mikochi, and whilst that has even less of an overarching plot the mini tales will have the occasional bit of action and every single panel is extremely detailed whereas Aria has loads of panels with just a character in it or sparse backgrounds, there are some really nice panels though. The characters look nice, but there's not much personality to them (a bit one note tropes), again compared to similar manga, H&M and Yuru Camp. Also there's a really silly thing with one "character", that of the cat like character, I thought looking at pictures I've seen that it was a cute mascot thing, but no it's the President. Though it seems to be little more than a mascot, but with a grander title.
I don't know, maybe, I'm just trying to talk myself out of spending £120 (I would probably go for the bundle) and hoping that maybe like Mushishi it works better in motion (although because of the stories Mushishi is still very good in manga form) with season 1 coming out soon (and also hope, if that is the case, that MVM pick up the rest).

The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 9
Third years and national mock exam.

Back