What manga are you reading now?

Physical
Kakegurui vol 10-11
Golden Sheep vol 1

Digital (MANGA Plus)
ne0;lation chapters 9-19 (complete)
Time Paradox Ghostwriter chapters 1-14 (complete)
SAKAMOTO DAYS chapters 6-13
Mission: Yozakura Family chapters 6-20
i tell c chapter 11
WITCH WATCH chapter 10
Candy Flurry chapter 1

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 80

Houkago no Goumon ch 78, 79, 80

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 67.1

I, a Demon Lord, took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her? ch 32

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 179, 180, 181

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 143 - 144

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World ch 47

Full Metal Panic: Rampaging One Night Stand
LN
This is the weakest arc in the anime but I was pleasantly surprised to say I enjoyed more here even knowing what was coming.

Dragon Half - Omnibus Volume 1

A whole lot of insane fantasy fun. Don’t expect much in the way of depth or character development (or really, plot) but absolutely recommended for anyone who enjoys retro ridiculousness.

Mushishi vol 6
Seems to me that some of the stories aren't quite as interesting as the earlier ones as we are now past the half way mark of the mangas run.

MADK #1 by Ryo Suzuri
Given #5 by Natsuki Kizu
Viewfinder #10 by Ayane Yamano all actual paperbacks from SuBLime at last (hoping they'll get the seventh and final volume of Crimson Spell.)
The Vampire and his Pleasant Companions #2 by Marimo Ragawa and Narise Konohara from Yen Press - which is really well drawn and written; a very different take on what it means to be a vampire.
Those Snow White Notes #1-3 (digital-only from Kodansha) Marimo Ragawa again.

Super HxEROs vol 1
A wise man once said you can't spell hero without H & Ero!
Just checking the first volume because 2 is out soon.
The art is definitely better than the anime which took these character designs and simplified them a bit into your average run of the mill anime design, plus you can see more detail 😏 as the anime didn't get a true uncensored version as it aired like Interspecies and Redo, just a less censored version.

Physical
Golden Sheep vol 2-3 (complete)
As much as I enjoyed it, it felt like something was missing that could raise it from good to great. It has some nice concepts, but the execution is a bit too straightforward or something. I had the same feeling with "The Gods Lie." but to a lesser extent. On the other hand, the included one-shot "Love Letter" was a nice surprise (didn't even know it was included).

A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow vol 7
Each and every volume continues to be amazing. I really like how the parents actually play a role in the story and notice changes in their children, instead of just being oblivious or not even there at all. Though you could argue Konatsu's father is both oblivious and not there for her, but at least that's part of the story and not out of story convenience.
I really hope the final two volumes can properly wrap up the story.

Digital (MANGA Plus)
Rosario+Vampire chapters 1-4
Mission: Yozakura Family chapters 21-50
SAKAMOTO DAYS chapters 14-20
WITCH WATCH chapter 11
i tell c chapter 12
The concept is getting a bit stale IMHO.

Just in the middle of (well three quarters through) Please Save My Earth Volume 18 - I am now aiming for one volume of manga a week to keep me making steady progress with one series at a time, might not seem like much but it's more manga per week than I was reading before, and even if I don't end up increasing it any time soon I could finish at least one great longer series a year that way or 2-4 shorter ones :)

Edit: have finished Vol. 18 now :)

Last edited:
Hajimete no Gal ch 118 - 122

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 182

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 83

Tsugumomo ch 137

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou ch 72

Full Metal Panic Trembling into the Blue
LN
The 3rd FMP story and final one in the 1st omnibus book. Also the final arc of season 1 of the anime. Really enjoying the novel versions if these stories.

Also read the first 2 volumes of The Unbelievable Gwenpool. So much fun. Great character with a great premise.

Komi Can't Communicate 12
Golden Kamuy 21
Eminence in Shadow 3 (LN)
Ascendence of a Bookworm 12 (LN)
Full Metal Panic 11 (LN)
Re:zero ex 4 (LN)
Via SJ App, started/caught up with, Candy Flurry, Choujin X, Jujutsu Kaisen, The Elusive Samurai, Hero Acadamia, Spy X Family & Kaijuu 8

Reading: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 11 (LN)

Last edited:
My Alcoholic Escape from Reality
After a couple of delays, the latest memoir from the author of My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness has finally been released. In every way, this feels like an improvement over My Solo Exchange Diary as a reading experience. I phrase it that way, rather than calling it a better book, because the fragmented, violently chaotic, and circular structure of those two volumes was probably an accurate reflection of her mental state at the time, so it was appropriate.

This latest volume is more focused and structured, detailing her diagnosis with acute pancreatitis and the impact that had on her life. We gain a lot of insight into both the condition and her time in hospital, certainly enough to make the reader want to do everything they can to reduce their own chances of developing pancreatitis. The artwork is also a significant improvement over the last couple of volumes. While Nagata's style has always been simple and sketchy, by the end of My Solo Exchange Diary volume 2 it had disintegrated into childish scribble, though that was no doubt a reflection of the state she was in, having been drawn while she was either in rehab for alcoholism or shortly after.

Elsewhere, Nagata has long been vocal about how much she regretted berating her parents in previous volumes, and she has eliminated that aspect almost entirely this time. The tone retains her constant state of fear and anxiety, but there's less of the vitriol. Interestingly, while the details of her time in hospital make this the most horrifying volume, it's also the funniest due to the way she anthropomorphises her symptoms. I kind of want a plushie of Nagata's pancreas now...

1620833662731.png

9/10

Back