What manga are you reading now?

Abara by Tsutomu Nihei
Another excellent manga by TN. The art as always is exquisite! The action flows really well though it's worth taking your time to appreciate everything going on properly. Especially as a lot of it is light on dialogue! This comes in a single large hardback edition that contains both volumes of Abara and also contains the one shot Digimortal as a bonus at the end. It really is a very nice product which even has a few colour pages and a couple of fold out pages.

If you enjoyed his other works (especially Blame!) then I'd definitely recommend this.

Yeeeeaaaa yeeeaaaaaa yeeeaaaa

mainly used some time off to read Deadman wonderland up to about volume 10

For some reason, I thought yagi wrote both before I got DeadMan as I heard they both similarly flopped in popularity after the series aired and there's some similar stuff in both styles, yagi's only ever wrote a handful of things he can keep running over the years though

While I can't see why Claymore would flop so quickly, as straight after the series the manga tries to move towards interesting changes, I can see why Deadman flopped - it makes the same mistakes longer manga have when they desperately need to keep the reader's interest.

it reminds me of some stuff from Elfen Lied's manga when I read the scanlation years ago, and it makes shiro who has obvious hints dropped about her even by the end of the series a slow burn. Its 13 volumes and it just can't afford something that it will have little time to correct

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 37

Why Are You Here Sensei!? ch 82

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs ch 205

Last edited:
Just finished Made in abyss vol 8... that is dark. Like it reads like "I lost my dig last week so here's this"

Many on here already know Abyss Isn't one to jump into if you haven't read anything else before

Love Hina omnibus volume 1 - Although I enjoy UQ Holder and have read a bit of Negima, I've never read Love Hina before and decided I should probably fix that.

BL Metamorphosis volume 1 - Incredibly sweet slice of life. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this when I read the synopsis, but it's great fun. Can't wait for Volume 2

Zaregoto volume 2 (LN)

DanMachi: Sword Oratoria volume 11 (LN) - I had the Big Thing in this volume spoiled when it came out in Japan, so I wasn't as captivated by this one as I usually am. Some interesting threads coming together for the story, but I really wish I hadn't known what happens beforehand...

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 7 (LN)

Life so Happy Volume 1 (Japanese read) - This is a sequel series to Love so Life, which I dearly loved in my younger years. It's great fun reuniting with the slightly older characters and I'm glad my Japanese is good enough to understand the majority of it...

What Did You Eat Yesterday Volume 1

Back