What manga are you reading now?

Eh, I thought it got a bit better, but then I read some stuff that is nearer the latest stuff, where Tomoko has friends and some more normal moments. I figured it had gotten less cringy over time because of that and from the parts I've seen, and from rereading parts in the middle of the series it did appear that way to me. But then that might be because the very early stuff was really cringe worthy to read.
Better as in I’m on shifts but I just want to get back to reading it? Yea it is

better as in absent cringe? Nope, the cringe is worse at points.
She’s even infectious now, 2 girls like her brother but she thinks they’re pervs, tomoko has both of them try to talk to tomoki but she ends up winding up tomoki telling him why she thinks one of them is a perv, both girls say something Pervy in front of tomoki, tomoko makes neither of the girls say it, they do it themselves

Better as in I’m on shifts but I just want to get back to reading it? Yea it is

better as in absent cringe? Nope, the cringe is worse at points.
She’s even infectious now, 2 girls like her brother but she thinks they’re pervs, tomoko has both of them try to talk to tomoki but she ends up winding up tomoki telling him why she thinks one of them is a perv, both girls say something Pervy in front of tomoki, tomoko makes neither of the girls say it, they do it themselves

Ah, I see. She gained friends but while they might have brought her up from her starting point, she's dragged them down far further towards her own level.

Had a bit of a yuri day with these five volumes

Killing Me! Volume 1
A series that got cancelled way too soon. While it does end in a good place I would've loved to have read more about Saki and Miyoko's relationship. 8/10

Beauty and the Beast Girl

A nice one volume yuri story with a monster girl theme. Really wholesome stuff. 8/10

After Hours
volume 3 - End
Finally got around to finishing this series. Really great characters and story with a satisflying ending. 8/10

If I Could Reach You
volume 1
Saw some buzz around this series and it sure delivers the feels. Really looking forward to reading the next volumes. I just want Uta to be happy ;_;

Kiss and White Lily for My Dearest Girl volume 2
Shifting perspectives to another set of characters. It's still good though I fear it may be having too big a cast.

Fairy Tail: 100 Year's Quest volume 3

I'm in Love and Its The End of the World volume 1

Marginal Operation volume 4

Ex-enthusiasts: Motokare Mania volume 1

A Transparent Fever (one-shot, complete)

Another Side of You (one-shot, complete)

Dreams Take Flight (one-shot, complete)

Komi Can't Communicate vol 4
Another fun easy read. Lots more shenanigans and couple more potential friends for Komi are introduced. The art, though often quite simple, is still very expressive.

Bibliophile Princess volume 2 (light novel) - Might drop unless volume 3 synopsis sounds good. A lot of the shojo JNC launched at the same time are a lot better

Touch You Tenderly volume 1 (complete)

Tsubasa volume 1

The Reprise of the Spear Hero volumes 1 - 2

Repeating Your End Together volume 1 (complete)

If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord volume 5

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 36

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 557-558

Why Are You Here Sensei!? ch 80.1

Last edited:
Finished the 15 volumes of watamote and also getting into what @Takei Daloui might have seen to think it gets better

Tbh, it’s changed, it’s not really cringe anymore and honestly I miss that, it’s turned into a regular high school manga that barely covers tomoko anymore, just other characters most of which don’t have much depth but are often around tomoko. Seriously there are two “emoji” face girls and neither of them are interesting, there are way too many characters and they are all tomoko’ s friends now

Perhaps this is some 4D chess move on part of Nico Tanigawa (the collab between the writer & artist) to create some sort of miserable super cringe, with tomoko not yet noticing she’s become a background character in her own series

Our Dreams at Dusk volume 4 (complete)
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts volume 10 - Apparently no new volume until 2021 now! :eek:
Hitorijime My Hero volume 7
Himouto! Umaru-chan volume 9
Ghost of After School volume 1 (complete)
Bungo Stray Dogs volume 14
Demon Slayer volume 13
An Incurable Case of Love volume 3

Back