What manga are you reading now?

Mari Okada: From Truant to Anime Screenwriter chs 13 & 14 plus epilogue (complete)
Interesting tidbits about Anohana and AotH. I knew they were set in her hometown, but it seems it was by accident as it was only supposed to be an example of a setting, but everybody else got excited about it and due to her hang-ups couldn't bring herself to speak out about not actually wanting to have it set there. Also the same thing happened with the setting of Jintan's house. She took the scouting team to her house and the artists were too inspired and because of scheduling she couldn't get it changed. So Jintan's house is pretty much the house Mari Okada grew up in!
It was sad to read that even after the success of Anohana and working with the same team her anxiety still got the better of her when working on AotH. I don't think it shows in the final product, but it interesting to see that she felt it wasn't directly inspired by her situation growing up and that certain lines were subconscious rather than deliberate, but there seems to be so many links between her and Jun that you have to wonder that even in a book where she admits to hiding away from her past sometimes and not being honest about her feelings whether she was still doing it as she wrote it.
It would be interesting to see what she has to say about Maquia and O Maidens (I think it's the first time she wrote for a manga rather than having an original script turned into one). So hopefully there's a sequal.

Motor Pool Rain (one shot, complete)

What's Under His Clothes is Outrageous! (one shot, complete)

Futekiya's translation for these two was fairly stiff and awkward in places, which is a shame. :(

I agree; while some of the Futekiya translations are excellent, some are oddly stilted in places. So much hangs on a fluent translation!

Kaguya-sama Love is War volume 2

Bungo Stray Dogs volume1 (light novel)

How to Treat a Lady Knight Right volume 1

The Combat Baker and the Automation Waitress volume 1 (light novel)

So I'm A Spider, So What? (LN) vol 5
Slow volume with quite a bit of explaining the world and new setting. Decent but not one of it's better volumes.

Amagi Brilliant Park (LN) vol 7
Mostly short stories, but the Kanie bit provides the lead-in to the next volumes.

Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! (LN) vol 7
Pretty good volume, with lots of good little plot hooks and developing plotlines. The next volume should be excellent.

Record of Wortenia War (LN) vol 2
I love this series, and it just gets better from here.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 33
At last, Levy's pregnancy is finally confirmed. This was a nice reveal.

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 535

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 24.2

Last edited:
Back