What manga are you reading now?

Satoshi Kon's Opus chs 1-7
Down the rabbit hole.
Very Paprika like with a twist of Millennium Actress (but with manga instead of film).

Last edited:
Satoshi Kon's Opus chs 14-19 (plus extra unfinished chapter) (complete, sort of)
This next section takes quite a dark turn as our leads chase Lin (the character trying to stop the author from killing him) back to volume 1 of their story which shows graphic scenes of a murdered child and the kidnap/abuse of the next victim (the lead female Satoko as a child) before she's rescued. Then it ends on a cliffhanger as it turns out the comic running the story folded and Kon had also started to making Perfect Blue. There is a rough final chapter which gets even more meta as the author of the manga who gets pulled into his own work turns up in the real world to complain to Kon (who's been trying to get the story finished by phoning other publishers) as to why the story hasn't ended!
It's quite an interesting read seeing ideas that would crop up in Millennium Actress, Paprika and Paranoia Agent. There is some good action and thriller elements, but the lack of an ending obviously means it can't score higher.
8/10

Infinite Dendrogram volume 9 (light novel)

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse volume 14 (light novel) - Just two more volumes to go! I like that this book has started a new 3-volume arc rather than introducing any more girls, because god knows we didn't need that...

In Another World With My Smartphone volume 15 (light novel) - A fairly average volume of Smartphone. Not one of the best but also not offensive.

Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal edition volume 5 - so many pretty colour pages in this edition <3

I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level volume 4 (light novel) - another relaxing read~

Kakegurui Twin Volume 2
Grand Blue Dreaming Volume 7
Caught up with Hero Academia & Promised Neverland on SJ.
A Sisters all you Need Volume 4 (light novel) ... lewwwwd 😖
Wolf & Parchment Volume 1 (light novel)

Onto: Overlord 10 (light novel - new content time!)

Gal Gohan (Gal Cooking) ch 50

Hajimete no Gal ch 79

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 521

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 55

Why Are You Here Sensei!? ch 48

Last edited:
Infinite Dendogram (LN) vol 9
For having such an epic-sized enemy and important secondary character introduced, this certainly felt like a connecting arc. Guess it's the intro for the next important bit, which is presumably going to be the war.

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse! (LN) vol 14
Neaaarly done. And this volume was actually decent. Bets on the leader of the hardliners being Future Rekka, anyone?

In Another World With My Smartphone (LN) vol 15
I'm losing track at this point of worlds, rulers and other characters.

Back