What manga are you reading now?

Black Torch volumes 1-2

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash volume 13 (light novel) - One more volume and then caught up to Japan! Volume 14 only came out in December though, so I guess J-Novel might not start it for a little while yet.

KoLD8: King of the Living Dead volumes 1-3 - This was on the new Manga Plus app that launched in the last few days and I didn't realise it was finished when I started it. I got to the end and found the final chapter isn't conclusive and that the 'real' ending is going to be in the volume release in Japan and not run in the Jump + magazine. Given it seems unlikely to be licensed (I suspect it was cancelled as the plot is far from resolved and then skips a a lot of stuff), I'll probably never see the real end and can't help but feel that was a waste of time. :rolleyes:

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride volume 4 (light novel) - A true return to form for the series, I had a lot more fun with this volume than the last one. Review to follow.

Golden Kamuy

Lost interest in the anime after 7-8 episodes but this is on another level. Amazing! 😍

Hopefully I'll enjoy the anime more the second time around though having read this first.

Masquerade and the Nameless Women (review)

Dreamin' Sun volume 8

Behind the Scenes volumes 4-5 - still not sure how much I care about this one. It's okay, but certainly no Ouran. :(

Cells at Work volumes 1-2

Heaven's Design Team volumes 1-2 - got this out of the humble bundle. Enjoyed it but not enough to continue it further, so dropped.

Tokyo Ghoul:re volume 4

@Demelza what is the Cells at Work manga like? I adore the anime so was thinking of starting the manga.

It's good! The anime adaption was very faithful, so if you liked that then you'd be fine with the manga. Even the artwork is very similar to the anime adaptation. There are a lot of translation notes at the back of each volume too, so I think Kodansha have done well adapting it into English. Given the subject matter it's certainly not the easiest series to translate. :)

Back