What manga are you reading now?

I’d also be interested in knowing if Behind the Scenes was worth keeping up with, as I also dropped out at volume 2.

Meanwhile I finished Kokoro Connect (light novel) volume 1~

PlanetES Vol 1 c7-9
There she is. I remember she had a bit of spunk about her and she would have some banter with Hachimaki, but not be this abrasive with him:
Ai.jpg

PlanetES Vol 1 c10-12 (complete)
Quite an interesting read. It mostly follows Hachimaki and his plan to get his own ship rather than the crew of the Toy Box doing their job, which IIRC is what the anime focuses on. Still a volume to go, but Hachimaki is off on his own now.

The only thing bad I can say about it is the terrorist sub-plot as it doesn't really go anywhere apart from giving 2 of the crew near misses. Also the leader suddenly decides to stop the campaign after Ai stops Hachimaki from killing him. They were in decline, but still making a nuisance of themselves. I can see why that aspect was cut from the anime.

PlanetES Vol 2 c1-3
Some backstory for Ai. Hachimaki ponders the vastness of space. And a touching moment when after realising he misses her voice he returns to earth to find her, as she is visiting her parents.

PlanetES Vol 2 c4-8
I'm pretty sure I don't remember Hachimaki and Ai getting married in the anime! But the scene where he pops the question is beautiful!

Last edited:
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen volume 1 (light novel) - not entirely sure I’m sold on this one yet as I’m not hugely fond of Orphen himself, but I’m willing to give it a couple more volumes.

@Sarah it's fun, but I wouldn't say I rush out to get the newest volume when it comes out.

More backlog slaying this weekend.
Sweet Blue Flowers omnibus 3-4 (end)
Hungry for You Endo Yasuko Stalks the Night 1
Eclair

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen volume 1 (light novel) - not entirely sure I’m sold on this one yet as I’m not hugely fond of Orphen himself, but I’m willing to give it a couple more volumes.
I couldn’t finish the anime so I’m not sure I’d be able to read the novels.

Back