What manga are you reading now?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 1: Phantom Blood (Manga) - JoJonium 1, Chapters 01-11 (Volumes 1 & bits of 2) (On-Hold until JoJonium 2 & 3 are released)

DIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ghost In The Shell - volume 1

This was enjoyable enough, and It was interesting to see just how 80s the original artstyle is, and also how the original manga is a lot more comic in tone, especially the relationship between the major and Batou. That said, some of Shirow Masamune's techno-babble is nigh on impenetrable, even with the author notes in the back. Interesting to see which bits of the manga got glued together to form the original film too, and then which bits got salvaged for re-use in the SAC series.

Vagabond (Manga) - VIZBIG 1, Chapters 01-10 (Volume 1)

Takezō: MATAHACHI WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??!!!

(*meanwhile Matahachi is doing Lewd with someone*)

Okay, Matahachi is a bit of a bastard for that moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Keaton (Manga) - VIZSIG 1, Chapters 01-02 (Volume 1)

This series is rather episodic, but interesting at the same time.

From 26th May:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 1: Phantom Blood (Manga) - JoJonium 2, Chapters 12-17 (Volume 2)

From 31st May:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 1: Phantom Blood (Manga) - JoJonium 2, Chapters 18-27 (Volume 3) (On-Hold until JoJonium 3 are released)

Inuyashiki (Manga) - Volume 1, Chapters 01-08

I was curious about this manga after hearing the concept behind it (and it's also written by the Gantz creator) so I decided to try it out on Crunchyroll. After reading the first volume I'm loving it, it's an interesting sci-fi seinen slice of life type of story and I'm glad to hear Kodansha Comics have the rights to release it, will definitely pick up the physical volumes.

In fact the first volume is released on 27th August on Amazon UK.

Vinland Saga (Manga) - Omnibus 1, Chapters 01-05 (Volume 1)

Interesting start to the series, I like the theme and setting so far. The art style reminds me a bit of Hiromu Arakawa's works.

Back