What manga are you reading now?

My Little Monster Volume 4 : I may end up doing as I did with 07-Ghost with this series. I find it difficult to follow with the wait in between volumes, so I'm thinking of gathering a few more volumes then sitting down and giving it my full attention.
Worked wonders with 07-Ghost so I'm hopeful for it here.

Finished Shibatora last night, sadly another glaring entry to the 'why was this never licenced?' pile. The story of a baby-faced undercover detective, dedicated to saving kids from falling into a life of crime, it comes across as a strange hybrid of GTO and 21 Jump Street that really shouldn't work, but somehow plays an absolute blinder, running the full gamut from comedy to tragedy to outright GAR.

Professor Irony said:
Finished Shibatora last night, sadly another glaring entry to the 'why was this never licenced?' pile. The story of a baby-faced undercover detective, dedicated to saving kids from falling into a life of crime, it comes across as a strange hybrid of GTO and 21 Jump Street that really shouldn't work, but somehow plays an absolute blinder, running the full gamut from comedy to tragedy to outright GAR.
I love Shibatora and just like you i lament the fact its not been licenced. Just like i lament that Ouroborus, Bloody Monday Season 2 and Blood Monday Season 3 haven't been licenced.

---------
I've read...

Terra Formars vol 2
Fairy Tail vol 42
Blue Exorcist vol 11

There's no general discussion thread in here so thought I'd ask in here instead of create a thread.

Berserk. How many volumes are there in total out atm please? Is it 37? Also, is there any bulk versions as in like one book with volumes 1-5 etc etc?

If not, I'm pondering reading illegal scanlations instead of purchasing. Question, is there a way to make the pages smaller or sort out my screen please? The page doesn't fit on my screen so I'm having to scroll down and it's doing my nut in when I attempted to read volume 1. Also, would this website and trying to read Manga, work off of an iPhone or would it kill the phone/its memory? :p

Please don't ask about illegal scans of manga, even if it's just how to use their site better. I have removed the name of the site from your post.

R

-Danielle- said:
There's no general discussion thread in here so thought I'd ask in here instead of create a thread.

Berserk. How many volumes are there in total out atm please? Is it 37? Also, is there any bulk versions as in like one book with volumes 1-5 etc etc?

About 37 so far in English, with the recent chapters this year (since every volume has about 3-5 chapters I think) volume 38 should be translated for a 2015 release.

No 3-in-1's so far and given this is Dark Horse prepare to spend about £7-14 a volume.

On the topic of Berserk, being someone who's only seen the films - for reference, what volumes in the manga encompass the Golden Age arc? If I were to pick up the manga at the point the third film ends, would it make sense?

Lutga said:
On the topic of Berserk, being someone who's only seen the films - for reference, what volumes in the manga encompass the Golden Age arc? If I were to pick up the manga at the point the third film ends, would it make sense?

The end of Volume 3 to about 14 I think covers the Golden Age arc.

Personally I would say start from Volume 1 since it's not that far off of the Golden Age arc plus it's set just after the films and TV series in terms of timeline order (in the TV series, episode 1 covered bits of the first volume).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Rui! I've never read a Manga in my life and have seen that site shuffling around the place so I have no idea of its legitimacy. So it's not like the Mange equivalent of Crunchroll or anything then. Noted :)

Ah dammit, I was hoping they had them combined as I don't want that many volumes around the house. Do you think libraries do Manga and if so, this one? I might venture into Manchester library you see if it turns out some libraries do house Manga.

Yeah, that's the problem with these illegal sites - they're talked about so often without anyone thinking about checking that they seem legitimate >_<

Crunchyroll does manga as well now if you didn't know. For future reference this site did a feature which might help (it's less US-biased than most): http://organizationasg.kokidokom.net/20 ... y-in-2013/

However, none of them have Berserk.

Libraries should be able to get hold of any professionally published manga so long as you have a kind librarian who will order things in from other branches; good luck!

R

Back