What manga are you reading now?

I was reading Death Note 4 the other day, but I finished it and now I have nothing to read. =[

Oh wait.... I have Bleach volume 11. Star and a Stray Dog ftw.

Over the past couple of days I've read the first two (and a bit) volumes of Tsubasa RESERVoir Chronicle. Let's face it, the plot isn't the most original ever committed to paper, but the whole thing's been executed with so much (inimitable CLAMP) style and attention to detail it's hard not to get caught up in Syaoran and Co.’s world hopping antics. Now, if they'd just hurry up and drown that darn Mokona... ;)

I'm getting through xXx/holic and loving the Aubery Beardsley inspired style - and the fact that Yuko is probably the greatest CLAMP character ever...

Reread the first two vols. of Azumanga Daioh. ^_^ I can't decide which I like more - the anime or the manga. Some jokes that were expanded in the anime look better there, whilst others play out better in their short manga format. Either way, both are great fun. :p

Fruits Basket 13 (or should that be フルーツバスケット...?), albeit very slowly. :?

Also still working my way though Rurouni Kenshin, up to volume 13 now.

Bought 5 volumes today and read them all. x)

First volumes of:
QWAN
Fushigi Yugi
Getbackers
Case Closed
Samurai Deeper Kyo

My favourite was Getbackers, I loved it! QWAN was also really cool.

A couple of very impressive and recommendable titles just recently.

I've now finished Death Note #4, which is just brilliant. The introduction of a second Kira along with the romantic complications that ensue and even the introduction of another suitably gruesome-looking shinigami adds yet another layer of complexity to a story that already has enough twists to give it "I can't put this down!" status.

I've also started on Monster - the artwork is a little simplistic at times but considering the quality of the story I can't hold that against it and it is perfect in pretty much every other respect. Mr Urasawa, I salute your storytelling genius. A 'master of suspense' indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just finished Case Closed vol 1 and have just started Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist vol 2. For some reason DNAngel vol 4 seems to be taking me forever.

I began reading Imadoki last week and enjoyed the first volume immensely, compelling me to get together some money to buy the second volume. It's another great story my Yu Watase (i'm beginning to like her work more and more these days) about making friends and over coming social boundaries; with a dash of both comedy, romance, and gardening :lol: . I'm looking forward to ordering the next volume :) .

I also got my nice fix of Yaoi with volume 1 of La Esperanca, though i say Yaoi it's really more Shounen-ai. The plot is interesting though, and the art work attractive, so it makes a good story in itself.
The romance is slow, which is actually quite a nice thing, i just hope it goes somewhere in the future, though though exactly how much we get to see in a Catholic school remains to be seen :wink:

Back