What manga are you reading now?

fabricatedlunatic said:
Currently reading through the first volume of the new Genshiken series. It's... different. There are more girls (even girls who aren't actually girls), which seems to reflect a general trend. Not complaining, mind.
Were you referring to a general trend in manga, or an in-series reflection of a general trend in real-world fandom?

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Currently reading through the first volume of the new Genshiken series. It's... different. There are more girls (even girls who aren't actually girls), which seems to reflect a general trend. Not complaining, mind.
Were you referring to a general trend in manga, or an in-series reflection of a general trend in real-world fandom?
I'd like to say I was drawing an insightful parallel with the meteoric rise of the fujoshi in recent years, but I think I was just remarking on how so much anime and manga targeted at men seems to be full of girls. The first Genshiken series was mostly a sausage fest until Ohno and later Ogiue showed up.

That's fair, I guess. I wouldn't say it didn't happen in the past (in fact, I would say it happened fairly often at times in the past), but certainly these days it is also true, or perhaps has once again become true.

Spice and Wolf: Volume 7.

I love (her) so. A series that absorbs the reader with the quiet interplay between man and wolf. That and they always seem to be getting into trouble. Haven't seen the anime yet, but I'm terrified as to how Holo will sound (preferably in the sub) since I've built up quite the image of what she does sound like.

Is This A Zombie? 1

Decent enough...I knew what to expect and this was pretty much it. Yen Press were obviously feeling generous, because the colour pages are in there three times for some reason.

Read Kimi ni Todoke 15 today. It's funny the odd little attachment I have to this series. I have to say I enjoyed this one the most out of recent volumes. Now the long wait for volume 16 begins...

Read Bakuman 17, Strobe Edge 1 and 07-Ghost 1 today. I plan on starting Switch if I get the time. Some of the things in Strobe Edge particularly resonated with me today because of something I'm going through.

Back