What manga are you reading now?

I am currently reading Pita-Ten, just got it today XD Then after that I'll hopefully be reading Azumanga Daioh 1-4, that is if Valha wasnt lying about the christmas present he got me ^_^

This morning I finished off Death Note volume 2; the manga is working its way up my favourites list but I am a little concerned that the story might wear thin after a few more volumes. Still, I haven't heard any complaints on that score so I'll remain optimistic.

today i read DNAngel #7 Dark (disguised as daisuke) in drag was very funny he looks quite cute in a dress although satoshi didnt look to too bad either :lol: and i read DearS #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend I've read Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellist volume 3 and started on volume 4; admittedly it's never going to be anything more than average Shounen Jump fare but without all the 4Kids-added "destiny" and "saving the world" it's not a bad read...unfortunately with the series not being a priority I'm about 9 volumes behind the latest releases now.

As a change from something light, this weekend I settled down and read the first two volumes of the famous (or infamous) Battle Royale, and I'm amazed by how compelled I now feel to read more. Moreso than the film, the manga shows glances into the minds and pasts of people now forced to kill or be killed, and manages to be horrifying without seeming too heavy a load to read.

Yesterday I read Ceres, Celestial Legend vols 1-2 (will tackle 3+4 today); I saw the anime a couple of years ago but the manga is just that few shades better; nicely dark with a suitably twisted villain but not lacking in humour or romance either. I definitely need to get hold of the rest of the series sooner rather than later.

Hellsing book 6. Average. I don't know why i'm forcing myself to read these last few volumes so much.. probably because I really loved the first 4.

I read Passion volume one, which i have to say isn't exactly how i expected, i think i want to get the second, but the Seme and Uke roles were completely opposite to what i though they would be, and i rather prefered the thought of the dominant student seducing the teacher

Right now I'm getting through Fruits Basket. I've bought up to volume #9 but I'm on #3 right now, and limiting myself to a chapter a night so it lasts longer - It's interesting to see just how faithful the Anime is to the manga so far.

I've got volumes 2-4 of XXX/holic to look forward to, and also Tsubasa to start. I'm looking forward to getting into the CLAMP world when Fruits Basket is over

Yay, i finally got to buy and read Fushigi Yugi volume 2 yesterday, so hopefully i will be able to move on to volume 3 today which i feel like i've had forever.
I think i will enjoy this series very much, and i already completely love Tamahome and Hotohori, though i hear it gets really sad at the end, and that people die (hopes not); if it's Tamahome or Hotohori i don't think i will be able to stop crying

Back