What Games Are You Playing?

Oh that's great to hear that the remasters are decent. I've never played the ME series before and I've had quite a few of my friends heavily recommend it to me. They think I'll love it so I'm excited to dive in!

Oh that's great to hear that the remasters are decent. I've never played the ME series before and I've had quite a few of my friends heavily recommend it to me. They think I'll love it so I'm excited to dive in!
I wish I had never played Mass Effect. I'm waiting for the right time to play legendary edition. For me, I need to let things settle before I replay/rewatch. Like I waited over 10 years to rewatch Death Note, and when I did, it was the best possible time. My point is, I hope you will love ME, because it is great.

I have been playing a lot of games.

I started playing Eve Online. It's fantastic. Not many things can match the thrill of buying something for a 10k isk, moving it 3 star systems and selling it for 15k.

I started playing Escape from Tarkov. If you really like guns, you have to play this game. I don't really like guns. But I do really like realistic sim games. Love walking down the street happy because I found a USB stick only to get shot from god knows where and die instantly.

My favourite moment in Tarkov was when someone killed me, saw my level and took pity. Added me as a friend and then returned my stolen gear with added upgrades and told me why I shouldn't wear that helmet because it blocks my hearing. God bless.

I have been playing Elden Ring. It's Dark Souls, it's open world, it's huge and it's amazing. Everywhere, there is a dog.

I have been playing CoD Vanguard. Noobs tremble before me.

I have been playing AoE 2 definitive. I discovered t90 on youtube, pro level AoE gaming. I really love watching these games whilst I am working. Some really funny moments, someone accidentally kills a boar under their town centre after 3 minutes and then immediately resigns the game. Exploding kings also.

I have been playing Total War Warhammer 3. Many people have quit the campaign after facing me in battle.

I have just started playing Gran Turismo 7. The most exciting part is modding toyota aqua to get 7 additional bhp in order to crash into rivals.

Yeah, flame of frenzy 🔥 Love the world in this game, I just want to see more and more and more of it. The underground stuff is mindblowing at times.

Yeah, flame of frenzy 🔥 Love the world in this game, I just want to see more and more and more of it. The underground stuff is mindblowing at times.
Yeah even though I'm on the PS4 it's still very pretty. I like the new trap chests I opened one and was sent to the other end of the map into what looks like a big citadel. But thank god for quick travel because it puts you on a wide parapet with a massive hole one end (seems to be a lift for you to get there the normal way, but the lever doesn't work) and a massive boss the other way!

Yeah even though I'm on the PS4 it's still very pretty. I like the new trap chests I opened one and was sent to the other end of the map into what looks like a big citadel. But thank god for quick travel because it puts you on a wide parapet with a massive hole one end (seems to be a lift for you to get there the normal way, but the lever doesn't work) and a massive boss the other way!
It's artistically brilliant. The use of color and the variety in all aspects of its design are truly grand and I have no doubt it shines even on PS4.

I also had an episode of the sort but more of my own making, just out and about with Torrent and I end up in a very wrong looking part of the map... The first thing I happen to attack takes a really minuscule sliver of damage, telling me I had no business being there yet.

I think about the game often when I'm not playing, it's a great feeling to want to get back into it as much as possible! So many bosses...

So many bosses...
Yeah. I've found a load and left well alone for now apart from one (a weird cat/dog thing with a sword) which took a few goes. The thing about the open nature is it's hard to tell what level you should be unlike the other SoulsBourne games where you meet a boss and either beat it or lose and go away to grind a bit before trying again.
I've found a spell seller and a cool looking weapon, but I can't wield it yet, so I'm just running around finding lost graces and dungeons and grinding a bit so I can get my attributes to the right level so I can. Torrent is so good for just sprinting right past any trouble in harder areas.

Been playing the Stranger of Paradise demo, glad there was a demo as it’s highly likely that I won’t buy this game (shame as I like Final Fantasy).

I’m not a fan of the game play and it doesn’t help that the main character is thoroughly unlikeable.

Finally got into Stormveil Castle in Elden Ring. Only played the 35 odd hours!

Damn dude, where have you been?! I'm at 40 and have seen so much already - probably the best open world in a game together with Shadow of the Colossus and Arkham City. But this is even better, I just want to see and do it all, it's increeeedible.

Damn dude, where have you been?!
I've explored the entire opening area, the island to the South and the land to the East, which is still a terrifying area. I've beaten a lot of the "bosses" in those first two areas including all the fake invasion characters. So a lot of wondering around and grinding and going back to places to beat the "bosses".
I'm glad there's lots of things that play into the role playing of the character I picked I'm picked a Draconian and went with Confessor class for a warrior mage build that deals fire damage and there's lots of fire dealing incantations including breathing dragon fire that I picked up from the Dragon Communion place after killing a massive sleeping dragon as the dragons guarding it were stuck on the other side of it!

I've explored the entire opening area, the island to the South and the land to the East, which is still a terrifying area. I've beaten a lot of the "bosses" in those first two areas including all the fake invasion characters. So a lot of wondering around and grinding and going back to places to beat the "bosses".
I'm glad there's lots of things that play into the role playing of the character I picked I'm picked a Draconian and went with Confessor class for a warrior mage build that deals fire damage and there's lots of fire dealing incantations including breathing dragon fire that I picked up from the Dragon Communion place after killing a massive sleeping dragon as the dragons guarding it were stuck on the other side of it!

Yeah, I love how Caelid is clearly designed to make you feel dread and be as inhospitable as possible. The music is eerie as hell.

Oh, you're dabbling in communion then? I actually came across an item description the other day alluding to what befalls those such as you.....

I wish I could stick to role-playing - I always have the best intentions to play as varied a character as possible but always devolve into a str character sigh

It's the character I'm trying to play as in my current Skyrim play through, but I occasionally revert back to the stealth sniper role when it gets hard (I did up the difficulty level this time) and whilst a stealth element has been added I don't think you can go around one-shoting everything in Elden Ring like you can quite quickly in Skyrim.

You definitely can't but I was successful in dispatching all save for 1 enemy in the first enemy camp stealthily! I haven't tried to do the same ever since, but action is better in this game, anyway.

Getting a real craving for Sekiro again

Ha, just noticed something in Stormveil Castle. My full set of runes weren't being returned to me when I picked them up! Turns out that the guy who meets you at the gate and tells you to go around the outside nicks some of them when you die! Apparently he follows you and if you back track you might spot him. I never did, but killed him and got 14k back! Amazing attention to detail and atmosphere building, plus community detective work.

Holy hell, I knew about him taking a cut of runes but I didn't know about being able to spot him, that's so cooool. Love those bits of story and world building.

The main boss in Caelid also has an amazing bit of story/character revealed in equipment related to them.

This thing has already sold 12 million copies!

That view after you beat Godrick in Elden Ring is stunning!
17f98a78f2794-f7215BD82B2876ABB82.758FFBFAAA034CF0_message_421768392087732_1647532781592.jpg
Talking of that battle my spirit friends and the NPC had died, I was out of flasks, my health and magic bars were low, and he still had about a fifth left. I used my remaining magic to heal and then just ran straight up to him to wail on him and it worked! He was waving his dragon arm in the air and whatever attack that was didn't hit me and my weapon has bleed damage on it which I guess helped!

That view after you beat Godrick in Elden Ring is stunning!
Talking of that battle my spirit friends and the NPC had died, I was out of flasks, my health and magic bars were low, and he still had about a fifth left. I used my remaining magic to heal and then just ran straight up to him to wail on him and it worked! He was waving his dragon arm in the air and whatever attack that was didn't hit me and my weapon has bleed damage on it which I guess helped!

The few times I've tried to be greedy during a boss fight, it didn't work out in my favor lol so it's good to see it works out for someone, at least! More than a couple of bosses were dead already (you can't see the red in their healthbar anymore) when they killed me, the mfers!

The game has quite a few of those gasp moments and they're what keeps you pushing to explore. I got to the capital yesterday and I swear the first look you get at an open area there, it looks like a painting - it's mind-blowing. And it begs the question why more developers don't go hard with scale. OK, maybe it means more texture work (or maybe less?) but it's so worth it to feel like a tiny ant (see Xenoblade games and Souls). The environmental art is crazy.

Had a quick look at Triangle Strategy. Not sure if I want to delve into that sort of game just yet tho so probably just going to leave on the shelf until Im in the mood for it.

Back