What Games Are You Playing?

Because July was dedicated to my Blu-ray anime backlog, I decided to take a break from playing games. So the games were instead played in this month of August.

Completed Game #18: Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (PS4)

The second game Koei Tecmo made based on the anime/manga series and it's a very interesting one. For starters, the main base game covers the first and second seasons of the anime (the first game covered Season 1 with bits and pieces from Season 2) in the Story Mode but what differs itself from the previous game is that you instead follow an original character who is pretty much a spectator of the whole storyline so it doesn't affect the canon at all.

A lot of props to Koei because there's a lot of love put into this game for the most part. Gameplay is very good, flying around is great and you can get a lot of satisfaction for the combat and the maps are decently designed with some areas that you can travel around without issue while others requires planning to avoid wasting resources and avoid titans.

Story Mode also lets you interact with the cast of characters, level up your skills and build the relationships with others to gain new skills that can benefit you during your progress. You can also unlock new equipment and go on Scout Missions with any character you choose to assist you. In addition, everything is voice-acted and animated in-game which is not something you expect nowadays with anime-based games.

Story Mode overall will take about 16 hours to complete if you spend a bit more time building your skills to avoid the difficulty spikes near the end of the story. For the Final Battle content, this is located in Another Episode which takes a detour from the Story Mode formula as it instead is presented like a branch where you pick a mission and story portion as you progress, but it does cover all of Season 3's content fairly well. Though saying that the quality is a downgrade from the base game in terms of cutscenes which is a shame. With Final Battle that's another 10 hours of progress to the completion.

In terms of negatives, the gameplay can be messy at times especially when it comes to locking on against a titan's body part because the angle may not be perfect in various occasions. Another issue is that as you progress through the story the titan's basically become sponge at that point which can be tedious but at least the Sneak Attack ability makes up for it if you can perfect the attack. There's also titans that go into a frenzy mode where you have to kill them in order to target others which is very annoying in specific events like wanting to save a companion who is about to be eaten but you can't due to the lock-on setup at that moment.

Alongside your usual weapons, you can also use guns which work decently well as well as Thunder Spears from Season 3 which do a lot of damage though aren't that great against Titans that have these special green glows that you have to damage before you can kill them which can get tedious if they switch around and the lock-on isn't perfect. You can also use the Titan abilities which is limited but very effective (and I didn't even know the characters that are shifters could use them when you control them (outside of the Story Mode that is) because the game never really explained it to my recollection - I knew you could get an assist character who is a shifter to use it when available though).

Overall, Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle is a very solid action musou game and one of the best spin-offs of the Dynasty Warriors franchise that works so well you can argue it's not really a musou due to its unique gameplay concept. The game is pretty much available on every platform at this point so pick it up if you can. The PlayStation 4 plays at a solid 30fps with some dips when destruction is involved.

Completed Game #19: Sakura Wars (PS4)

Thanks to the fans, SEGA brings back one of their big IPs to the world with 2019's Sakura Wars, a continuation of the franchise but with a new cast of characters. Sakura Wars is a series known for its dating simulation gameplay but like Utawarerumono also incorporates an action-element to the game. The previous games had tactical RPG combat but for this instalment we now have action combat instead which in general works pretty well - dodging is very satisfying and each character has their own style of gameplay.

Sakura Wars follows your character as the captain of the Imperial Combat Revue which is in its last legs after the original group from the previous games are no longer around barring one character who is now managing their headquarters which is a theatre. Each character you are introduced to in the Combat Revue has their own personality:
  • Sakura is a cheery girl who wants to do the best she can and is helped by the fact that she's voiced by Ayane Sakura (Yotsuba Nakano from The Quintessential Quintuplets).
  • Hatsuho is your delinquent attitude type who is very dedicated to helping her friends whenever possible, she's also voiced by Maaya Uchida (Katarina Claes from My Next Life as a Villainess).
  • Claris is a noble Luxembourg girl who loves books and stories, and her voice is spot on thanks to Saori Hayami (Shinobu Kochō from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba).
  • Azami is a serious ninja but likes snacks. She's voiced by Hibiku Yamamura (Claudia Bruford from Warlords of Sigrdrifa).
  • Anastasia is a mature Greek actress but likes watching plays and does her best to support the theatre. She's voiced by Ayaka Fukuhara (Grea from Mysteria Friends).
My personal favourite in terms of the character development overall is Claris, and I think her voice actress definitely helped a lot to elevate her role. Hatsuho and Anastasia were both also great but it felt like something was missing for their background to make them even more interesting.

One thing to point out are the character designs. BLEACH's Tite Kubo drew the main characters, but there are also guest artists who contributed to the project which may surprise people:
  • Yukiko Horiguchi (K-On!) - Shanghai Combat Revue characters Xiaolong Yang & Yui Huang.
  • BUNBUN (Sword Art Online) - London Combat Revue characters Arthur & Lancelot.
  • Ken Sugimori (Pokémon) - Grand Imperial Peanut.
  • Fumikane Shimada (Girls und Panzer) - Berlin Combat Revue characters Elise & Margarethe.
  • Noizi Ito (Haruhi Suzumiya) - Theatre fan Itsuki Saijo and food shop owner Hiromi Hongou.
  • Shigenori Soejima (Persona) - Swordsman Hakushu Murasame.
The story overall is really good but I feel that if you are someone who has played the original games you may be disappointed in terms of how they connect the two together and it comes off a bit badly in my opinion. Overall I do think the cast stands out enough to make the game interesting as you go along. The gameplay is also split into different parts with intermissions in-between which is pretty cool and you can see the status of how your character has done in terms of gaining the trust of others. Your dialogue choices do matter in terms of the overall outcome of your preferred female character's ending so the more right choices, the better.

The game has a bunch of secondary content like additional dialogue with other characters, the ability to revisit previous battles in a simulator on Chapter 3, and also the most addictive mini-game ever Koi Koi Wars.

Koi Koi is a Japanese card game that basically requires you to pair specific cards together to earn points and the more complex the pairing the better. When you successfully get a pair, you can choose to stop the current round or continue by saying 'Koi-Koi'. Saying the latter can be a gamble as you may end up running out of cards which would lose your current streak of points in the current round if you're not careful. The only issue I have with this mini-game is that it is very luck-based as sometimes your opponent would have the best pairing immediately with no way to counter it.

Overall Sakura Wars is a great game and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in this franchise. Playtime wise it's about 25 hours to get through all 8 chapters but for the Platinum trophy which I managed to get it'll take another 8-10 hours due to having to rewind to see the other character's endings as well as reach an S rank during the combat sections and defeating every opponent in Koi Koi Wars.

Completed Game #20: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

During the HD generation of consoles, SEGA introduced a new IP for the PlayStation 3 - a tactical RPG with elements of a third person shooter in the form of Valkyria Chronicles. It became a cult classic but its two sequels were PSP exclusive and deviated to what helped make the original popular with its fan. Eventually SEGA came back to the original game and remastered it for modern platforms, so here is where I started to visit it for the first time.

What concerned me with the game going in for the first time was the perma-death system, but fortunately this game is quite generous. When a member of your team loses their HP, they are not dead - basically knocked out so you can rescue them before it's too late after a few turns (and in each turn you have plenty of options before a change-over happens). My entire squad survived so no one died surprisingly.

Speaking of turns, may as well explain briefly how the combat works in this game. Before you start a battle, you deploy a certain amount of people into your team. There are five groups; Scouts who can run far and hold a rifle, Lancers who can deal great damage against tanks, Shocktroopers who use assault rifles which are handy if a rifle ain't enough, Engineers who are very under-rated as they can help protect and heal your tanks, and Snipers which is pretty self-explanatory. Now some groups can survive better than others during combat so it's important to have a bit of everything to protect everyone.

During combat, there are turns. Your turn can have as far as 8-9 depending on specific characters who have a gold medal. Those gold medals are your slots so if that character gets K.O'd you'll lose that slot for the next turn (basically more slots, the better the outcome). Which is why in return, you want to kill the enemies who have a medal in their name so that they can have less turns over the course of the battle.

Tanks are also well-balanced. They can be useful against enemies but if a lancer shoots the tank's weak spot at the back of the vehicle, it's an insta-kill. This is a big deal because one of the main characters controls a tanks so if he's insta-killed, it's game over for the battle. Tanks, as well as snipers and lancers, do have a flaw in terms of accuracy so every shot counts as it could change the outcome pretty quickly in some situations. Which is why it's very handy that you can save the game during mid-battle and resume back to that moment if something goes wrong.

The end of the battle could be capturing the enemy's flag on the other side of the map, or defeating a specific target. For the most part, the goal will be to grab the flag. Finishing a battle rewards you with EXP and Money. EXP can be used to unlock new Orders and upgrade the group's levels. Money is used to acquire better weapon and tank abilities.

Orders is where you can tell a teammate or the whole team to increase their accuracy, attack damage, defence, evasion and more which can benefit the outcome of the battle. Caution for instance means you'll lose less HP when you are being shot as you run through the map. You can unlock more Orders when levelling up the groups with EXP and speak to someone in the War Cemetery.

The story has 18 chapters with 23 missions in total. You can also tackle 10 additional missions in a skirmish which is useful for gaining more EXP. Each mission can take as long as 30-60 minutes depending on how you handle the battle. If you fail to win the battle after 20 turns, it's game over also.

Valkyria Chronicles overall is a really interesting game with a great gameplay setup and the story is pretty good. The gameplay has a difficulty spike to it so I do recommend a guide if you want some advice on how to tackle some situation to ease the tension a bit. For the most part I was able to get through the missions without too much issue, though some did take longer than others. Playtime wise it's about 26 hours which is about the average for other folks.

Trophy-wise I just focused on the story. Trophies don't unlock like you usually expect so in order to receive them you'll have to wait until Chapter 9 and go to the Audience Hall to receive them. It's a weird idea but it makes sense in the context of the game's setting.

Completed Game #21: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD (PS3)

Originally planned to be played back in 2019 alongside the Jak & Daxter trilogy and Ratchet & Clank trilogy, I finally decided to visit the Sly Cooper trilogy, starting with the first game known in Europe as Sly Raccoon but everywhere else as Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

This is an action platformer game developed by Sucker Punch, before they made the inFAMOUS series and Ghosts of Tsushima. It's also one of the big IPs for Sony during the PlayStation 2 era so it's no surprise they gave the trilogy a HD remaster treatment.

The goal is pretty simple - each world has a boss that you must defeat but in order to reach that point you have to collect keys that will unlock the path. Each world has individual levels with a key and most of them also include collectible bottles that will allow you to open up a vault which gives you new moves. Some levels are special mini-games like racing a three-lap course, shooting enemies to protect a friend, and acquire a certain amount of items before the timer runs out.

While Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank have more modern health systems, Sly Cooper is more on the lines of the classic approach seen in Mario and Crash Bandicoot where one life equals death. If you collect 100 coins you unlock a special shield that will keep you alive if you get hit once but there will be a special move that will allow you to be immune to death if you fall off a cliff but that's only until much later in the game. If you lose all lives it's game over, but it will let you replay the level. In fact dying will not erase your collectible progress so that's very beneficial.

I do have some gripes with the gameplay and that the controls are quite tight. Double jump is not perfect as it feels more like a jump and a half, so you will die a lot more than you should. The aim controls for specific segments is inverted up/down so you'll want to go into the settings to fix that so that it can make those stages easier to sort out. Fortunately in terms of dying, the checkpoints in this game are generous so progression can continue pretty smoothly without major issues.

The boss battles are fun and quite challenging. Each have a variety and you can actually die if you don't pay extra attention. The rhythm game boss is very difficult because it takes ages to get back to where you are as there are no checkpoints in these stages. The final boss reminded me a lot of how the difficulty was for the final boss of Ratchet & Clank but this game's take is much better as it's shorter and easier to progress without wasting too much time.

The Platinum trophy is very simple, which is a nice change of pace. Basically finish the story and as long as you collect the bottles and unlock the vaults you will get the trophy in about 6-7 hours. The game also rewards you with a Japanese intro which is rather amusing to see.

Completed Game #22: Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD (PS3)

After enjoying Sly 1, I immediately jumped into Sly 2 and it's not only vastly different from its predecessor but it's also like how Jak & Daxter went from the Precursor Legacy to Jak II. Sly 2 does keep its general gameplay concepts like stealth and a mini-hub world, but the overall game has improved in many factors.

Sly 2 is split into 8 episodes, each following one major storyline like the previous game did. In each episode you have a mini-world that you can explore which is really cool as it allows you to navigate through various enemies and objects in different ways, and within this mini-world you will also be given some missions, roughly 8-10 each episode. These missions vary from playing as Sly to pickpocket keys from enemies or setting up/destroying objects located in different areas. The missions also have tasks dedicated to Sly's sidekicks Bentley who is your nerd turtle that will often have hacking mini-games, and Murray who is your brute hippo used to defeat big foes or destroy blocks. The missions between each episode have a great variety and work well.

Sly's character is much weaker than the previous game so stealth is a crucial aspect to his character. The stealth in this game works really well and performing stealth kills from behind is very handy for specific situations. The game is very generous in its difficulty as the whole 'one-hit' kill your character had is replaced by a proper HP system plus any mistakes during mission or game over is often taken care of thanks to many checkpoints throughout which is very handy due to a lot of silly moments that can take ages to fix (which is what Jak II faulted on a lot).

The story is interesting and the characters are pretty well done. That said there are some flaws that I feel are worth addressing, and the biggest is that to me this game is longer than it should be. Less is more I think would have made the game a lot better, and I say that because many of the missions are pretty much the same but in a different location. I would say that the final episode is very good as it does splice up the tasks than the others did. The boss fights are half and half on quality - the Murray and Bentley ones were really good, but Sly's battles were not as great as the previous games.

Overall, Sly 2 is a pretty solid experience with a lot of repetition throughout in its gameplay. Playtime was probably about 16-17 hours which is about right, and the Platinum trophy in this case only requires you to finish the story, collect 1500 coins at once, purchase specific abilities from the ThiefNet, and collect 30 bottles. The bottles collecting is toned down a lot in this sequel so you don't need to do that for the Platinum trophy.

Completed Game #23: Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves HD (PS3)

Going into Sly 3 I had my concerns. The second game was very good but it had pacing issues and too much content with the playtime it had. After finishing Sly 3, I was pretty impressed with how this instalment turned out.

Basically the game is very similar to Sly 2 in a lot of areas; the hideouts, going to the objectives in any order, being able to play as Bentley and Murray alongside Sly, and the episodic nature. The difference between Sly 2 & 3 is that Sly 3 basically takes what worked really well with Sly 2 and makes adjustments to improve the experience even further. The first example is the pacing because this is a shorter game than before, with only six episodes instead of the eight that the predecessor had. This change makes the pacing a lot better and there's also less missions but more variety in return thanks to the cast of characters you interact with on your journey.

While Sly 2 lets you play as your companions, Sly 3 takes it a bit further as there are missions that let you play as other characters for specific moments which adds to the variety and enjoyment. This game also has more missions that uses more than one character than just focusing on one which is pretty neat considering it avoids the repetition that the predecessor had in many missions. The antagonists in this game are not related to each other but have their own character which is pretty neat to see and don't drag out either so what you get in each episode is more than enough.

Sly 3 introduced a lot of different gameplay elements like the predecessor did. Examples include a RC helicopter to drag enemies away, using fireworks to hit multiple targets, controlling a boat to shoot down other boats or reach a specific goal, actually controlling a pirate ship to fight other ships in the sea, bouncing up and down like a ball, and shooting planes down with your own. The hacking mini-game is also back which was also improved and there's a pretty cool task where you look at the paintings to find the code for the safe which is also cool.

There are some omissions that are minor. The bottles you collect in the previous games are gone, and the selling part of ThiefNet is also gone but in return that makes collecting gold much easier to sort out for pacing.

Since the Platinum trophy also requires going through the challenges, they turned out to be a lot better than I had anticipated though I do wish you had the option to easily restart without having to wait until the challenge has failed. The boss battles were decent and I liked the China battle a lot with that wuxia slow-mo inspired segment being pretty cool to use. Playtime was about 11 hours for the story and an additional 2 hours for the challenges and treasure hunt mini-games.

Completed Game #24: God of War: Chains of Olympus HD (PS3)

It's funny that I had been putting off acquiring the second HD collection for God of War over the past few years and after finally finishing the first of the two PSP games, I found myself wondering why I held it off in the first place. Chains of Olympus was a pretty decent game for what was designed for a portable handheld device. It's very short, landing at about 4 hours 20 minutes with all of the collectibles and weapons 100% upgraded also, but it's a fun experience.

For those curious about the gameplay, basically the God of War Greek saga of games were all action hack n slash games with elements of a platformer here and there. Kratos is an angry dude and he slaughters enemies pretty well, and this game offers less variety of enemies but none that would make you feel too frustrated for progression. The story is solid and the game's progression is always linear going from one area to another but sometimes backtracking like entering one path and returning in another. The pacing is honestly pretty solid so I have no problems there.

Kratos weapons can be upgraded using these red orbs that automatically go to your character by either opening a crate or killing enemies. The crates can also cover HP (green) and Magic (blue) but also little collectible Gorgon Eyes (every 5 acquired gives you extra HP for the health bar) and Wild Feathers (similar to the other but focused on Magic) which makes the latter half of the game easier to progress. These collectible pieces are missable so you will want to browse around the areas of the game to find these crates whenever you can, as backtracking isn't always possible. That said, once you max out your weapons they do carry over onto New Game Plus if you wish to play the game on harder difficulties.

What makes God of War memorable is its environment and boss battles, the level design is really good and the voice-work fits well with the world-building of the franchise. The boss battles are epic but this game unfortunately only offers a few which is a surprise given the previous games generally had a fair amount. The quicktime events are back and they are just as amusing as before, so if you make a mistake it can result in a game over. The checkpoints are quite generous but do note that HP doesn't recover so always save when you can.

Overall, God of War: Chains of Olympus is a pretty good game though it is very short so that may be a big debate among various players out there. I am fine with the length as I wanted a solid experience that doesn't overstay its welcome and the game offers enough to make the gameplay worthwhile.

Completed Game #25: God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD (PS3)

After how short the previous game was, I figured I could jump straight into Ghost of Sparta, the second PSP game that was also remastered for the PlayStation 3. The previous game took place before the events of God of War (and after Ascension), while this one takes place in-between God of War and God of War II.

The gameplay is pretty much very similar to before, but this time we have different weapons and more variety of enemies that adds a lot more challenge to the mix. These new enemies have shields which makes hitting them normally pretty much impossible unless you use the fire ability which can knock them out. The fire is your best friend during combat because otherwise you will struggle in a lot of areas. Even though the game was fairly short, I would say this game is probably one of the hardest God of War games I've experienced so far (Ascension is still the hardest imo).

Playtime was about 5 hours 5 minutes which was 45 minutes longer than the previous game, so while it's short it actually has a lot going on which is surprising, so in the long run it does feel like a proper console God of War experience but on a handheld. Though because it takes place in-between the main trilogy it also feels like a filler episode since we have the concept of Kratos searching for his long-lost brother. That said, the story and voice-work are still solid and the environments were pretty cool.

Much like Chains of Olympus, I did not go for a Platinum with this one as I decided to go through both games on Normal difficulty though I have heard these two games are the easiest to complete compared to others in the franchise.

Completed Game #26: SoulCalibur V (PS3)

It's been many years since I had last played a SoulCalibur game (I own the first game that was released on Xbox Live) and because I acquired the fifth game in the series a few years ago I decided it was time to check it out. Considered to be one of the weaker instalments in the franchise to my recollection, SoulCalibur V is a good time.

The story is a departure to the others and unfortunately is poorly handled. There are scenes without voice work and the difficulty is fine, but the game's special moves setup is not really made clear so I never really got to use them with the characters that I have tried out. I have managed to finish the story mode and arcade mode, but overall I find myself not entirely clicking with the game. Even though I said it was a good time, it's not a bad game but I'm not a big fan of the special move combo setup.

The next game in the backlog is on the PlayStation Vita with Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, which has been a long time coming because I bought the game back in February 2017. I realised it wasn't compatible with the PlayStation Vita TV so I decided to jump into playing it on the main device.

So far I have finished Chapters 1-3 (there's 8 in total) and it's definitely better than the original so far heh. The gameplay is great fun and the battles can be pretty quick if you have the right equipment and command setup, but the biggest issue I have with this game is the difficulty spikes caused by every single boss battle you encounter. Basically you can easily be under-levelled which is a pain, and apparently it does improve bit by bit in the latter half but this is one thing I can see why many had dropped the game though.

You can create plans that offer new dungeons but the walkthrough I found didn't specify sooner enough for one aspect that would have made levelling up much easier which is frustrating.

There is a PlayStation 5 remaster called Neptunia ReVerse but interestingly both have different trophy lists which is best compared to how Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal were handled i.e. the updated version is more streamlined so it'll take less time to acquire the Platinum. Considering the Vita version does struggle on performance, I do recommend going for the PS5 version or the PC version whichever you think best suits.

My backlog so far:
#​
Nintendo 3DS Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
Senran Kagura 2: Deep CrimsonAction
2​
Tales of the AbyssAction RPG
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
3​
CatherinePuzzle
4​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
5​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
6​
FolkloreAction RPG
7​
inFAMOUSAction
8​
inFAMOUS 2Action
9​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
10​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WitchTurn-Based RPG
11​
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HDAction, Hack n Slash
12​
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HDAction, Hack n Slash
13​
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HDAction, Hack n Slash
14​
PuppeteerPlatformer
15​
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 OneAction, Platformer
16​
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in TimeAction, Platformer
17​
Ratchet & Clank: NexusAction, Platformer
18​
Ratchet & Clank: QForceAction, Platformer
19​
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for BootyAction, Platformer
20​
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of DestructionAction, Platformer
21​
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles HDOn-Rails Shooter
22​
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HDOn-Rails Shooter
23​
Sengoku Basara: Samurai HeroesAction, Musou
24​
Siren Blood CurseAction, Horror
25​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
26​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
27​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
28​
White Knight ChroniclesTurn-Based RPG
29​
White Knight Chronicles IITurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
4​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
5​
Code VeinAction RPG
6​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
7​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
8​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
9​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
10​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel, Dating Sim
11​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel, Dating Sim
12​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
13​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
14​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
15​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
16​
Fist of the North Star: Lost ParadiseAction
17​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
18​
Gintama RumbleAction, Musou
19​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
20​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
21​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
22​
JudgmentAction
23​
LangrisserTactical RPG
24​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
25​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
26​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
27​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
28​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
29​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
30​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
31​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
32​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
33​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
34​
Onechanbara Z2: ChaosAction
35​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
36​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
37​
Punch LineVisual Novel
38​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
39​
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the ThroneVisual Novel
40​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
41​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
42​
Saint Seiya: Soldier's SoulFighting
43​
SD Gundam G Generation GenesisTactical RPG
44​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
45​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
46​
Shining Resonance: RefrainAction RPG
47​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
48​
Steins;Gate: Linear Bound PhenogramVisual Novel
49​
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon DwellersTactical RPG
50​
Super Robot Wars TTactical RPG
51​
Super Robot Wars VTactical RPG
52​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
53​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
54​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
55​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
56​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
57​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
58​
Toukiden 2Action RPG
59​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
60​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
61​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
62​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
63​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
64​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
65​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
66​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
67​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Demon GazeDungeon RPG
3​
Freedom WarsAction
4​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
5​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1Turn-Based RPG
6​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister's GenerationTurn-Based RPG
7​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V GenerationTurn-Based RPG
8​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedTurn-Based RPG
9​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesAction, Musou
10​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel, Dating Sim
11​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
12​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
13​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
Completed Games Collection of 2021:
#Game NamePlatformGenreMonth
1​
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
PS4​
ActionJanuary
2​
GOD EATER Resurrection
PS4​
Action RPGJanuary
3​
GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst
PS4​
Action RPGFebruary
4​
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
PS4​
MusouMarch
5​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails ShooterMarch
6​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPGMarch
7​
Kandagawa Jet Girls
PS4​
RacingApril
8​
Touch My Katamari
Vita​
PuzzleApril
9​
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case
PS4​
Adventure Visual NovelApril
10​
Everybody's Golf
PS4​
SportsApril
11​
428 Shibuya Scramble
PS4​
Visual NovelApril
12​
Blue Reflection
PS4​
Turn-Based RPGMay
13​
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune
PS4​
Simulation, SportsMay
14​
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
PS4​
Music RhythmJune
15​
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
16​
Time Crisis 4 Arcade Ver.
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
17​
Deadstorm Pirates
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
18​
Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
PS4​
Action, MusouAugust
19​
Sakura Wars
PS4​
Action RPG, Dating SimAugust
20​
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
PS4​
Tactical RPGAugust
21​
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD
PS3​
Action, PlatformerAugust
22​
Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD
PS3​
Action, PlatformerAugust
23​
Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves HD
PS3​
Action, PlatformerAugust
24​
God of War: Chains of Olympus HD
PS3​
Action, Hack n SlashAugust
25​
God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD
PS3​
Action, Hack n SlashAugust
26​
SoulCalibur V
PS3​
FightingAugust
Platinum Trophy Collection:
#Game NamePlatformGenreYear
1​
Saints Row: The Third
PS3​
Action2014
2​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
PS3​
Fighting2015
3​
Hyperdimension Neptunia
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2015
4​
Dekamori Senran Kagura
Vita​
Music Rhythm2015
5​
Steins;Gate
PS3​
Visual Novel2015
6​
NieR
PS3​
Action RPG2015
7​
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
PS3​
Action2015
8​
Asura's Wrath
PS3​
Action2015
9​
Saints Row IV
PS3​
Action2015
10​
The Darkness II
PS3​
First Person Shooter2015
11​
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2016
12​
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
PS3​
Action2016
13​
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Vita​
Action2016
14​
Gravity Rush
Vita​
Platformer2016
15​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2016
16​
Resogun
PS4​
Arcade Shooter2016
17​
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Vita​
Third Person Shooter2016
18​
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
PS4​
Adventure2016
19​
Miracle Girls Festival
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
20​
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
PS4​
Action2017
21​
The Wolf Among Us
PS4​
Adventure2017
22​
Final Fantasy XV
PS4​
Action RPG2017
23​
Amplitude
PS4​
Music Rhythm2017
24​
Root Letter
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
25​
IA/VT -Colorful-
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
26​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
27​
Gravity Rush Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
28​
NieR: Automata
PS4​
Action RPG2017
29​
The Silver Case
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
30​
Steins;Gate 0
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
31​
Under Defeat HD
PS3​
Arcade Shooter2017
32​
Tales from the Borderlands
PS4​
Adventure2017
33​
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
PS3​
Fighting2017
34​
Life is Strange
PS4​
Adventure2017
35​
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
PS4​
Action RPG2017
36​
Crash Bandicoot Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
37​
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
38​
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
39​
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
PS4​
Action RPG2017
40​
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Vita​
Horror2018
41​
Persona 5
PS4​
Turn-Based RPG2018
42​
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
PS4​
Visual Novel2018
43​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night [Japanese Version]
PS4​
Music Rhythm2018
44​
Marvel's Spider-Man
PS4​
Action2018
45​
Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed
PS4​
Action RPG2019
46​
Spyro the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
47​
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage Remastered
PS4​
Platfomer2019
48​
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
49​
Tekken Tag Tournament HD
PS3​
Fighting2019
50​
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
51​
Taiko no Tatsujin V Version
Vita​
Music Rhythm2019
52​
Utakumi 575
Vita​
Music Rhythm2019
53​
Jak II: Renegade HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
54​
Jak 3 HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
55​
Ratchet & Clank HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
56​
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
57​
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
58​
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
PS4​
Third Person Shooter2019
59​
Kingdom Hearts III
PS4​
Action RPG2020
60​
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
PS4​
Adventure Visual Novel2020
61​
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
PS3​
Action Horror2020
62​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails Shooter2021
63​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPG2021
64​
Kandagawa Jet Girls
PS4​
Racing2021
65​
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case
PS4​
Adventure Visual Novel2021
66​
428 Shibuya Scramble
PS4​
Visual Novel2021
67​
Blue Reflection
PS4​
Turn-Based RPG2021
68​
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
PS4​
Music Rhythm2021
69​
Sakura Wars
PS4​
Action RPG, Dating Sim2021
70​
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD
PS3​
Action, Platformer2021
71​
Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD
PS3​
Action, Platformer2021
72​
Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves HD
PS3​
Action, Platformer2021

I just finished playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

I highly recommend it to any fan of sci-fi. This entire game is a love letter to the genre and will surely keep any SF fan engaged. It's very enjoyable, and keeps you wanting more. Vanillaware are definitely a company that attest to the idea that video games can be art.

I'm now playing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Oooh 13 sentinels, need to get around to that at some point, having just restarted catching up on my way overdue PS4 playlist with the lauded Nier: Automata. And what a fantastic soundtrack it has, I'm probably going to pay more to get the latter than I did for the game itself heh.

Edit: I see I have just become a magical girl on this forum as per my status...I demand a wand and matching outfit!

Heh good point, though when I really like something I will often try and get a hard copy, which in this case would be a cd but probably an imported once and hence the assumption of high cost!
You can find copies for about £12 on Mandarake. This page notes the various shipping charges so best to compare the item weight when ordering.

Last edited:
Yesterday started playing New Pokemon Snap(Switch) very cute and chill game.

Today started playing Tales Of Arise(English Dub) on normal difficulty and am really enjoying it, just done the first boss battle. Eager to see how the story goes as I am finding it intriguing.

You can find copies for about £12 on Mandarake. This page notes the various shipping charges so best to compare the item weight when ordering.
Super, thanks for the top tip. I was looking on Amazon where it's around £30 and may still go for that just for ease of not having to worry about importing & customs etc. Seeing Mandrake being mentioned on this forum quite a bit recently - is it like a reliable Japanese eBay/Amazon marketplace front delivering internationally?

Super, thanks for the top tip. I was looking on Amazon where it's around £30 and may still go for that just for ease of not having to worry about importing & customs etc. Seeing Mandrake being mentioned on this forum quite a bit recently - is it like a reliable Japanese eBay/Amazon marketplace front delivering internationally?
Mandarake is basically the website for the many Mandarake stores that are in Japan that sell second hand anime etc goods. I’ve used Mandarake a number of times and although the stuff is second hand it always looks brand new when I get it. And yes they ship internationally and depending on what shipping method you choose will determine the price. Also there is no pre-paid customs so you’ve got to take into account that you might i have to pay customs when it gets to the country.

Mandarake is basically the website for the many Mandarake stores that are in Japan that sell second hand anime etc goods. I’ve used Mandarake a number of times and although the stuff is second hand it always looks brand new when I get it. And yes they ship internationally and depending on what shipping method you choose will determine the price. Also there is no pre-paid customs so you’ve got to take into account that you might i have to pay customs when it gets to the country.

Good to know and thanks for the info. Will be adding them to my list of stores to check out for difficult to source items.

THey are billions was great, I was played New World on early access and now I'm waiting for launch.
Still LoL ;-)
New World is a a great game and they upgrade the whole game until the beta - now it's rly awesome
I like to trade, sell and buy things sites and coins in New World

Last edited:
Days Gone
I'm only a couple of hours into this, but it's not a good sign that I quickly looked up how long it takes to complete and had a feeling of dread when I saw it's around the 40-hour mark. In almost every way this feels like a cheesy Roger Corman knock-off of The Last of Us, and not in a good way. I say almost because it's not a cheap looking game; the environments are impressive, and there's a general level of competence all round. I don't think anyone gets giddy with excitement at baseline competence though, and so far that only extends to visuals and (to a lesser extent) gameplay. What I've seen of the story and characters so far are...I'm searching for a kinder word than laughable. Based on reviews I've read of how repetitive and grindy it apparently gets, I seriously doubt I'll get through the whole thing without getting bored and giving up. I'll keep at it a bit longer in case it clicks, but for now I'm glad it was included with PS+, despite the game's director swearing at people for not buying it at full price.

Wreckfest
A pretty entertaining smash-'em-up racer that puts the DualSense to great use, giving detailed feedback on how well the car is gripping the road and how banged up it is via the controller's speaker, haptics, and adaptive triggers. So far the only disappointment is the extremely basic track layouts, but hopefully they'll expand later on.

Life is Strange: True Colors
After the wonky and depressing LiS2, it's great to see the franchise back on top form in Deck Nine's capable hands. Unfortunately I let my excitement get the better of me and bought it barely a week after release, forgetting that modern games usually need at least a month or two to have the wrinkles patched out. It's bizarre that the PS5 version of a cross-gen game is capped to 30fps in the first place, but it can't even maintain that half the time. A fix to that and a few other issues are apparently coming over the next couple of weeks, so I'm parking the game at the end of chapter 1 for now, and I'll pick it up again next month. Grrr, stupid 'release now, patch later' culture.

I need help with Tales of Arise. I’m fighting Shionne’s thorns and no matter what combination I do I can only get damage of 1, yet I’ve seen on YouTube videos that you can get much higher than that. But I can’t figure out how.

I finally finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 and got all the achievements.
Managed to learn how to play and complete all the Mahjong lists in one day. I honestly had a harder time with the baseball, but I was unknowingly making it as difficult as I could for myself using the expert bat... 🤦‍♀️

Anyway I'm not sure what to tackle next, but I'm thinking of finishing up the Spyro trilogy. Completed the first two games a while ago but never got round to the third. I have Yakuza 3,4 and 5 too but I might take a mini break from the series first.

Last edited:
Back