What Games Are You Playing?

I completed Spider-Man: Miles Morales but gonna play through it again on New Game+ for that Plat trophy cos it's part of the main requirement this time (and also some other trophies don't trigger until you're in a New Game+ as well)

I got the Platinum trophy for Spider-Man: Miles Morales so that's another game compete.

Up next on the PS4 is the Re:Zero game. I'll probably watch s2 after I complete it, it's been on the backburner for a while.

XCOM: Enemy Within

Between the original Enemy Unknown and this expansion pack, I must have played through this 30-hour campaign at least eight times now. I think it's the best version of the Firaxis turn-based strategy series, since it adds much-needed extra maps and variety to the base game. I think it's also the best tuned in terms of combat pacing. These games can be brutal, especially on higher difficulties, so in Enemy Unknown it was normal to play defensively, due to it having permadeath. Enemy Within pushes you to be more aggressive by having valuable resources on the maps that expire if you don't collect them in a few turns. It's not mandatory, but you need it to unlock the new cybernetic weapons and genetic manipulation that let you turn your vulnerable soldiers into alien-slaying monsters.

XCOM 2 pushed everything too far: too much frantic rushing around, soldiers that are injured too easily and take too long to recover, etc. I found XCOM 2 an annoying experience the one time I played through the vanilla version. I don't normally mod games, but I modded the hell out of that one to make it play more like Enemy Within, and it's much improved as a result. Enemy Within needs no mods; it's one of my top five favourite games of all time.

Scarlet Nexus (Demo Version)

Yes, I caved to all the adverts on ANN. Having said that I did enjoy what I've been able to play so far and I think I will get the full game. I suspect that my autism somehow makes this "brain punk" element more attractive to me.

I enjoyed the demo as well, so will be ultimately picking up in the coming weeks as well (provided it doesn't bomb in the reviews anyway).

I got the platinum for Tekken 7 earlier. I'm not very good at fighting games, but I had fun with this - the trophies were pretty reasonable too!

I'm also most of the way through Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which is awesome.

I got the Ratchet platinum, so now I'm going through Sakura Succubus 2 - it's a very simple visual novel (I really liked the first one), so it won't take long!

Having finished another play through of the PS4 edition of Final Fantasy VII, I’m now playing through Horizon Zero Dawn which has been fun so far.

Taking break from retro games and my main project currently is Hades. Currently i have made it once to start of tier 4. Managed to make it to boss of tier 3 without dying once but i was down to my last life afterwards.

Like JAKEMAN's "What music are you listening too?" but instead "What games are you playing?"...

I am currently playing Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. Its really good and has got me playing on my Xbox again, cuz I haven't been playing on it for a while.

So what is everyone else playing?
Im on ps4 playing horizon zero dawn and spiderman

Re:Zero The Prophecy of the Throne

Done the first play through. I may or may not bother trying to get all the trophies I missed. But anyway, this was a really fun game. Yes certain elements of the story are pretty obvious but it was still fun to see how everything actually pieced together and there were still some surprises along the way.

The game is mostly visual novel with a few RTS style mini missions along the way that were fun little puzzles to solve. The games greatest strength is its large and varied cast that make all the scenes a lot of fun to see play out.

I may not be the biggest gamer but I did enjoy this and at only 21 hours for me do to a play through it's not a massive time sink either.

For June I went through at least 4 games from the backlog.

d50Tpq4m.jpg

Completed Game #14 | Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (PS4)

Released last year, Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory is a music rhythm spin-off (but still canon) to the ridiculously over-convoluted franchise. The game is basically all about hitting various enemies on-screen to the beat of the rhythm for a specific soundtrack or song from each Kingdom Hearts release, from the 2002 game all the way to Kingdom Hearts III. There are roughly 140-150 songs in total and each one lasts mostly around 2 mins.

World Tour is where you will want to spend time unlocking songs as you go along and once you reach the end, you unlock new story segments that continue after the events of Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND. The content is small but acts as a crucial element to where the next story saga is heading (and what they revealed is literally taking notes from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time and it's insane). The journey is actually pretty well-paced if you are mainly going through a song on one difficulty at a time, but I decided to spend additional time earning all of the challenges to help complete the trophy list since it requires finishing each song on all difficulties.

I played through the whole of World Tour on Beginner mode but did go through roughly 40% of the songs on Standard & Proud mode along the way. The gameplay is split into three parts; the main core element is your trio (Sora, Donald & Goofy, or the characters from Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days and Riku & his Dream Eaters from Dream Drop Distance) hitting enemies using L1, R1 or X (you can use any of the three to hit a single enemy - so don't worry if an enemy is on the left lane as you can hit it with X or R1 for example), jumping to avoid obstacles or hitting flying enemies (using Circle followed by attack), or gliding to grab the green notes (holding Circle). This is roughly a majority of what the gameplay is like.

The second part is called a Memory Dive where you are automatically gliding, but you need to use the analog sticks for specific notes. There are also some notes where you have to hold the button and let it go at the end of its path. Other than that, the rest is very similar by using L1, R1 & X. The third is the disappointing part where the game doesn't provide enough songs dedicated to it and that's the Boss Battles where it's very similar to Memory Dive but the lanes are side-ways and there are segments where you have to hit the notes successfully otherwise you'll get damage from the enemy. It's pretty fun but only very few songs use this feature.

Outside of World Tour, you also have a Versus mode against the AI and the option to play all of the unlocked tracks you earned from the main campaign. You will also need to synthesis to unlock more songs in a similar fashion to the mainline games using gems, crystals etc. There's also no punishment for using additional items like HP items, EXP Boost and King Mickey assisting you along the way.

World Tour will take roughly 15 hours playtime if you are aiming to unlock all of the challenges and songs for the game. There's also an additional 15 hours playtime if you plan to finish all of the trophies including the 100,000 enemies defeated which is a grind-fest and unless you're very good at Dark Domination and Wave of Darkness on Proud mode, you will be spending a very long time on that trophy. Other than that, the game is fairly easy to Platinum since you only need to full chain (hit all notes without missing) about 50 of 150 songs on each difficulty which is easier than you think as there's tons of variety for the difficulty.

Overall Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory is a very enjoyable game and especially if you are a fan of the franchise. I do think that the game is worth owning at a discount price which is what I did as I waited until it was £19.99 before picking it up. The game is available to own physically and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, as well as digitally on Xbox One and Epic Games Store.

OfTqKIHm.jpg

Completed Game #15-17 | Time Crisis: Razing Storm, Time Crisis 4 Arcade Ver., Deadstorm Pirates (PS3)

Not long ago I recently acquired Time Crisis: Razing Storm, a collection of light gun games which were packaged together in one PS3 release. These games each have different mechanics and concepts but the general gameplay are similar.

Razing Storm is a spin-off of Time Crisis which you control a soldier who can also use a shield and a whole bunch of assault weapons. The game is split into two modes; the Arcade mode which has four stages with the last one only unlockable if you can beat the missions that are in the third stage - which were very hard if you are using the controller by the way. You can progress through the arcade with unlimited continues which is useful at least. Other than that the story is basically non-existent in that mode which is why you have the other mode called Story mode which is actually a first-person shooter.

The FPS gameplay is not great to be honest, without the ability to be able to aim more accurately it feels very rough and the difficulty is surprisingly tough so I had failed numerous times progressing through the story. Also you can't jump which is a weird experience and it uses motion controls for cover which doesn't work very well. Overall length for this campaign was about 4 hours which is alright at least.

Time Crisis 4 Arcade version is basically the arcade mode for Time Crisis 4. Time Crisis 4 was released for the PlayStation 3 back in 2007/2008 era but this re-release offers support for the PlayStation Move controller. While I have been using the DualShock controller (as I don't own either the Move or Camera devices), it actually plays really well and you can progress through the whole game without thinking to yourself "I wish I had that Move controller". Obviously the Move controller would be a much better experience, the DualShock controller does the job very well.

The game has 3 big stages and through Free-Play mode, it starts off with a limited amount of continues and everytime you get a game over, you unlock an additional continue slot which if you rinse and repeat you'll eventually unlock 9 continues and 9 health bars which will make the experience much better. You can also choose between the two main characters which play the game route but have slightly different angles which changes the experience a bit.

Then we have Deadstorm Pirates, another Namco light gun game that actually has some really cool ideas presented. In addition to your usual shooting gameplay, you also have scenes where you need to rotate the wheel on the screen using your Analog stick to avoid obstacles or control a boat which was pretty cool. The Arcade mode has five stages with four of them you can choose at any order.

The setting feels more similar to SEGA's House of the Dead than it does to Namco's Time Crisis, as you will have moments where you need to hit an enemy at a certain weak point within a short time window. Unfortunately playing this game with the DualShock controller is not that great compared to Razing Storm and Time Crisis 4. You will get a much better experience if you had access to a Move controller or GunCon.

Overall the Time Crisis: Razing Storm collection is worth picking up if you find one for cheap as it's going up in value in the US it seems. I don't believe the collection is available on the PlayStation Store so you'll have to make do with the physical version which is exclusive to PlayStation 3. If you have a Move controller, you will love this.​

My backlog so far:
#​
Nintendo 3DS Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
Senran Kagura 2: Deep CrimsonAction
2​
Tales of the AbyssAction RPG
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
3​
CatherinePuzzle
4​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
5​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
6​
FolkloreAction RPG
7​
God of War: Chains of Olympus HDAction, Hack n Slash
8​
God of War: Ghosts of Sparta HDAction, Hack n Slash
9​
inFAMOUSAction
10​
inFAMOUS 2Action
11​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
12​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WitchTurn-Based RPG
13​
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HDAction, Hack n Slash
14​
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HDAction, Hack n Slash
15​
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HDAction, Hack n Slash
16​
PuppeteerPlatformer
17​
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 OneAction, Platformer
18​
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in TimeAction, Platformer
19​
Ratchet & Clank: NexusAction, Platformer
20​
Ratchet & Clank: QForceAction, Platformer
21​
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for BootyAction, Platformer
22​
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of DestructionAction, Platformer
23​
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles HDOn-Rails Shooter
24​
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HDOn-Rails Shooter
25​
Sengoku Basara: Samurai HeroesAction, Musou
26​
Siren Blood CurseAction, Horror
27​
Sly Cooper and the Thievius RaccoonusAction, Platformer
28​
Sly 2: Band of ThievesAction, Platformer
29​
Sly 3: Honor Among ThievesAction, Platformer
30​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
31​
Soul Calibur VFighting
32​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
33​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
34​
White Knight ChroniclesTurn-Based RPG
35​
White Knight Chronicles IITurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
Attack on Titan 2: Final BattleMusou
4​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
5​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
6​
Code VeinAction RPG
7​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
8​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
9​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
10​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
11​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel, Dating Sim
12​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel, Dating Sim
13​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
14​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
15​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
16​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
17​
Fist of the North Star: Lost ParadiseAction
18​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
19​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
20​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
21​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
22​
JudgmentAction
23​
LangrisserTactical RPG
24​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
25​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
26​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
27​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
28​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
29​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
30​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
31​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
32​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
33​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
34​
Onechanbara Z2: ChaosAction
35​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
36​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
37​
Punch LineVisual Novel
38​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
39​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
40​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
41​
Saint Seiya: Soldier's SoulFighting
42​
Sakura WarsAction RPG, Dating Sim
43​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
44​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
45​
Shining Resonance: RefrainAction RPG
46​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
47​
Steins;Gate: Linear Bound PhenogramVisual Novel
48​
Super Robot Wars VTactical RPG
49​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
50​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
51​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
52​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
53​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
54​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
55​
Toukiden 2Action RPG
56​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
57​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
58​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
59​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
60​
Valkyria Chronicles RemasteredTactical RPG
61​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
62​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
63​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
64​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
65​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Demon GazeDungeon RPG
3​
Freedom WarsAction
4​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
5​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1Turn-Based RPG
6​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister's GenerationTurn-Based RPG
7​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V GenerationTurn-Based RPG
8​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedTurn-Based RPG
9​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesAction, Musou
10​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel, Dating Sim
11​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
12​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
13​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
Completed Games Collection of 2021:
#Game NamePlatformGenreMonth
1​
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
PS4​
ActionJanuary
2​
GOD EATER Resurrection
PS4​
Action RPGJanuary
3​
GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst
PS4​
Action RPGFebruary
4​
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
PS4​
MusouMarch
5​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails ShooterMarch
6​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPGMarch
7​
Kandagawa Jet Girls
PS4​
RacingApril
8​
Touch My Katamari
Vita​
PuzzleApril
9​
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case
PS4​
Adventure Visual NovelApril
10​
Everybody's Golf
PS4​
SportsApril
11​
428 Shibuya Scramble
PS4​
Visual NovelApril
12​
Blue Reflection
PS4​
Turn-Based RPGMay
13​
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune
PS4​
Simulation, SportsMay
14​
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
PS4​
Music RhythmJune
15​
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
16​
Time Crisis 4 Arcade Ver.
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
17​
Deadstorm Pirates
PS3​
On Rails ShooterJune
Platinum Trophy Collection:
#Game NamePlatformGenreYear
1​
Saints Row: The Third
PS3​
Action2014
2​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
PS3​
Fighting2015
3​
Hyperdimension Neptunia
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2015
4​
Dekamori Senran Kagura
Vita​
Music Rhythm2015
5​
Steins;Gate
PS3​
Visual Novel2015
6​
NieR
PS3​
Action RPG2015
7​
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
PS3​
Action2015
8​
Asura's Wrath
PS3​
Action2015
9​
Saints Row IV
PS3​
Action2015
10​
The Darkness II
PS3​
First Person Shooter2015
11​
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2016
12​
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
PS3​
Action2016
13​
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Vita​
Action2016
14​
Gravity Rush
Vita​
Platformer2016
15​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
PS3​
Turn-Based RPG2016
16​
Resogun
PS4​
Arcade Shooter2016
17​
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Vita​
Third Person Shooter2016
18​
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
PS4​
Adventure2016
19​
Miracle Girls Festival
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
20​
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
PS4​
Action2017
21​
The Wolf Among Us
PS4​
Adventure2017
22​
Final Fantasy XV
PS4​
Action RPG2017
23​
Amplitude
PS4​
Music Rhythm2017
24​
Root Letter
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
25​
IA/VT -Colorful-
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
26​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Vita​
Music Rhythm2017
27​
Gravity Rush Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
28​
NieR: Automata
PS4​
Action RPG2017
29​
The Silver Case
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
30​
Steins;Gate 0
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
31​
Under Defeat HD
PS3​
Arcade Shooter2017
32​
Tales from the Borderlands
PS4​
Adventure2017
33​
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
PS3​
Fighting2017
34​
Life is Strange
PS4​
Adventure2017
35​
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
PS4​
Action RPG2017
36​
Crash Bandicoot Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
37​
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
38​
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
39​
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
PS4​
Action RPG2017
40​
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Vita​
Horror2018
41​
Persona 5
PS4​
Turn-Based RPG2018
42​
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
PS4​
Visual Novel2018
43​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night [Japanese Version]
PS4​
Music Rhythm2018
44​
Marvel's Spider-Man
PS4​
Action2018
45​
Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed
PS4​
Action RPG2019
46​
Spyro the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
47​
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage Remastered
PS4​
Platfomer2019
48​
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
49​
Tekken Tag Tournament HD
PS3​
Fighting2019
50​
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
51​
Taiko no Tatsujin V Version
Vita​
Music Rhythm2019
52​
Utakumi 575
Vita​
Music Rhythm2019
53​
Jak II: Renegade HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
54​
Jak 3 HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
55​
Ratchet & Clank HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
56​
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
57​
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HD
PS3​
Platformer2019
58​
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
PS4​
Third Person Shooter2019
59​
Kingdom Hearts III
PS4​
Action RPG2020
60​
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
PS4​
Adventure Visual Novel2020
61​
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
PS3​
Action Horror2020
62​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails Shooter2021
63​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPG2021
64​
Kandagawa Jet Girls
PS4​
Racing2021
65​
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case
PS4​
Adventure Visual Novel2021
66​
428 Shibuya Scramble
PS4​
Visual Novel2021
67​
Blue Reflection
PS4​
Turn-Based RPG2021
68​
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
PS4​
Music Rhythm2021

Re:Zero The Prophecy of the Throne

Done the first play through. I may or may not bother trying to get all the trophies I missed. But anyway, this was a really fun game. Yes certain elements of the story are pretty obvious but it was still fun to see how everything actually pieced together and there were still some surprises along the way.

The game is mostly visual novel with a few RTS style mini missions along the way that were fun little puzzles to solve. The games greatest strength is its large and varied cast that make all the scenes a lot of fun to see play out.

I may not be the biggest gamer but I did enjoy this and at only 21 hours for me do to a play through it's not a massive time sink either.
I struggle to fit in video games these days but as a fan of the series I've been wondering if it's worth the time & money. Would you recommend this as a must have for fans, or would you say it's not essential to following the story overall?

I struggle to fit in video games these days but as a fan of the series I've been wondering if it's worth the time & money. Would you recommend this as a must have for fans, or would you say it's not essential to following the story overall?
So I've only seen season 1 so cant be sure. But the impression I got is that it's a one and done storyline. It's written in a way that it is important but as the story is resolved by the end, missing it probably isnt the worst thing. They've also left it in a way that they could bring back some ideas and characters in future if they wanted to.

Although like I said it is a relatively short game and if you enjoy the characters and their world I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Although like I said it is a relatively short game and if you enjoy the characters and their world I'm sure you'd enjoy it.
Good to know, thanks dude. I do think I will try and get it on switch, which is by far the easiest to play on nowadays, but my FOMO is somewhat quelled for now at least (though not helped by @Dai's earlier post on games also going oop fairly quickly heh).

Frostpunk
I did finally get around to giving this a go. I love the concept but it has a bloody steep learning curve, doesn’t it? I’ve been exiled to certain death twice, I’m not used to ruler sims where I can’t assassinate people. Gonna have to do a bit of reading up on tactics before I try again.

Also got Cooking Simulator in the Steam sales, I’m actually really quite good at this. Started a second game just to see how far I could push things and found people will accept nothing but 100% liquidised tomatoes as tomato soup and still rate it at four stars. Also you can deep fry pretty much anything that needs cooking in a fraction of the time and still get a decent rating.

I did at one point get very fed up of people ordering the same boring dish and in a (futile) attempt to try and discourage anyone from ever ordering it again served them a bowl of cold, raw, liquidised onion and trout. Zero stars, but taste: “perfect”.

I did finally get around to giving this a go. I love the concept but it has a bloody steep learning curve, doesn’t it? I’ve been exiled to certain death twice, I’m not used to ruler sims where I can’t assassinate people. Gonna have to do a bit of reading up on tactics before I try again.
That's interesting; what did you do to get exiled? The game certainly throws you in at the deep end more than other city management games, but I never found the discontent meter getting out of control on my playthrough. The game does give you enough rope to hang yourself with though, presenting you with laws and overtime options that will go down like a lead balloon in the long-run, even if they solve short-term problems. I went the faith route and tried to keep things in moderation, only resorting to public floggings when the Londoners started getting out of hand.

That's interesting; what did you do to get exiled?
Well on my first try, I kept running out of resources pretty much every day and didn’t realise I had to research and build particular buildings in order to get more. With that in mind, on the second try (which did go better) I instituted longer working days and discovered you can shut the furnace down during daylight hours more-or-less safely. Unfortunately the illness and mortality rate then went through the roof and while I had resources, what I didn’t have was enough people to treat the sick or even to build more medical facilities, so I had to institute child labour to keep anyone alive at all. Which no-one was particularly happy with, but sometimes you need to take the hard decisions. So sure, send me to my death, best of luck you ingrates.

Back