What Games Are You Playing?

Currently playing Yakuza: Kiwami the PS4 remake of the original PS2 game. In the PS2 era I found the original Yakuza in a bargain bin for about £3 in PC World and got really into the game because of its story. The original had a lot of faults but the story wasn't one of em, had me gripped and I've played every entry in the series that's been released in English ever since. They've really updated the original game well, it still has flaws but I can forgive them all as it's still pretty fun and the story is told even better than it was the first time around (particularly since we got a crappy dub of part 1, thankfully every other entry has been subbed since) I'm not a sub elitist (though I do much prefer them) but to me preserving the Japanese flavour of a series like this is very important.

Time for another long post from Grav. In alphabetical order!

Everybody's Golf [PlayStation Vita]
This game. It's ridiculously addictive after picking it back up after not playing it for the past few years. The game is both challenging as hell but also rewarding with some of the shots you can make on some of these courses. The game also looks great on the Vita despite there also being a PlayStation 3 version. I got the game digitally for free with my Vita but if I find a physical copy I'll definitely pick it up. Highly recommend you get this if you have a Vita. I'm on the Silver selection and 5-2 is a bastard to play because it's very challenging to get a Par grade.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD [PlayStation 4]
This is actually the first PS4 game I ever bought (because I wanted the collector's edition and the XV demo) and I only decided to play it literally a few days ago. This game is a spin-off and also an action RPG unlike the other games in the franchise. For the most part the RPG elements work pretty well with its insta-kill moments against enemies and the ability to control multiple characters during a fight in real-time. There are however some issues I have with Type-0 but the main one is the fact that when a character gets K.O.'d you can't revive then even though you have Phoenix Down's with you. The game is designed so that you can only revive them if they are in your squad but you barely have the time to sort that and they can only be recovered when you're in a friendly town.

This threw me off the game a lot to the point where I decided to grind the character's levels with the Secret Training option because I got fed up of that silly concept. This grind may sound like a cheat but it's really not because the characters can still die pretty easily and heck the final dungeon is even designed so that it's at the level you're currently at but 10 levels weaker. Cheeky bastard. The story is alright and the English dub is mostly not that great (some felt miscast even) but the music is pretty great at least. This game is surprisingly easy to earn a Platinum trophy (which is now my 39th by the way).

SSX [PlayStation 3]
This franchise is one of the only sports games I actually enjoy and while I have played this reboot before on the Xbox 360 many years ago, it's still good fun on the PS3. The game's controls is pretty spot on and the courses are laid out really well while the deadly descents are a nice new addition to the series. The only major complaint that I have is the lack of levels related to in-doors or cities like SSX Tricky had which is disappointing because they were pretty fun to play as well. I hope this series gets another release in this current generation as it would benefit a lot with 60FPS and 1080p+ visuals.

I also played Killer is Dead and Shadows of the Damned, both on the PlayStation 3 but I don't have much to say for them. They're both pretty fun Suda51 games at least. And also Zone of the Enders 1 HD, which still plays alright on the PS3 despite not getting any fixes.

My backlog is still ridiculous, heck I spent the entire August focused solely on anime and I will probably do the same for this month as well. Nevertheless here's the backlog:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Catherine
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Demon Gaze
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Killzone 3
Killzone Mercenary
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona 5
Saints Row 2
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Sonic Generations
Soul Sacrifice
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Tales of Xillia 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 5
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Ys Origin
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita

Platinum Trophy Collection:

#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | 2017 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD
#39 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Just tried the Danganronpa V3 demo. Having played all the other games in the series it certainly seems to match up with the others, but it is too early to give a full comparison.

Been playing Destiny 2. I had planned on waiting for the PC version but had a moment of weakness in Tesco when I saw it and decided to grab it and maybe stick it on eBay and upgrade to the PC version when it comes out. Anyway I've enjoyed my time thus far, with a couple of exceptions.

The PvP is awful, like just pure garbage and I really dunno what they were thinking going from 6v6 to 4v4. Now I know you may just say "well, don't play it....", which would be fine if they didn't give you a milestone to do based on it which tbh you need to be doing to get better gear.

Another thing that annoys me is the way they changed shaders for dying your gear. In the first game you'd find one and apply it to a shader slot which would colour all your gear, but now you have to dye each part on it's own and the shaders are one time use and it's pretty annoying when you run out of the one you like.

Oh and don't even get me started on the aim assist >_> look I get it, controllers need a bit of it but it's so damn aggressive in this game, it's driving me bloody mental.

Anyway I'm about 273 Power Level/Light/whatever it's called and my growth has hit crawling speed, kinda losing interest now but I reckon I got value from my purchase so meh.

Last edited:
As it was released today and I got my copy I've been playing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana....yep I like it lots, just like all Falcom games I've played. Nice that I can also choose between either English or Japanese voice track.

Having completed the awesome Yakuza 0 I find myself replaying Grand Theft Auto V. Strangely enough since I bought the game for my PS4 in 2015 I've played it every year Since around this time, though I'll likely be trawling through the Titles on my SNES Classic Edition for a while.

Last edited:
I've just purchased a PS4 and have been mainly playing Overwatch. I tend not to go for shooting games but I have been enjoying this one.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, PM me for details.

I've mainly been playing samus returns I'm on shift this week though so o haven't had much time to finish it. I have however got the screw attack, the gravity suit and the plasma beam, also known as god mode. Doesn't effect the bosses but makes going through most of the map really easy. Zeta metroids are my bane

Started Golf Story on Friday, finished it today. Very fun, very charming little game built as an RPG, but also a golf game. The golf mechanics themselves are very basic, very straight forward to get used to, but the real bulk of the game is designed around how you use those golf mechanics for weird things, and all the other side content you get in it too. Case in point, you even have a battle with a wizard in there, so yeah how about that. Story wise it's good fun, it never takes itself seriously and doesn't run on for longer than it needs, however i would be very happy if they continued with the story afterwards, since i think there is room to do so. Highly recommended honestly, a very very good title for the Switch library.

As of now though, i've gone back to playing Persona 5 - working my way to beat the game, into november now so i'm on the last leg, i think. Also back to Mario + Rabbids because that game is also another stellar title worth playing. If you've not done so already, i highly recommend it. The Switch has such a strong library, it's easy to recommend something to anyone at the moment

Still deep into Persona 5, ever since it came out back in April. After 87 hours, still enjoying it immensely, despite a very conceptually and mechanically bland final palace.

I'm now on what I assume is the final dungeon. The highlight of the game has been, without a doubt the awakening scenes in general and specifically
Goro's second awakening.
The VO's performance in Japanese is on point. I also love the various themed palaces.

Excited to finish this so I can have free time for Wolfenstein II and The Evil Within 2.

Currently playing Cuphead on Xbox One. I play my PS4 a lot more often than I do the Xbox but I like having both for exclusives. Cuphead is by far my favourite Xbox exclusive in a long, long time and it makes me glad I actually bought the console considering a lot of the other titles I bought mine for have since been released on other platforms. I've been waiting for this game for 3 years and it didn't disappoint. It's basically a mixture of run and gun shooter and a LOT of epic boss battles with a 1930's cartoon aesthetic and incredible attention to detail. It's not as brutally hard as some people have made it out to be but it is difficult. The thing is the game design is so well handled that if you die it never feels unfair to me. It definitely has that "one more go" appeal because often you get further each time you attempt a level or a boss battle until you ultimately win. I like the fact that there's a little progress bar diagram showing how close you were to your goal each time you die that spurs you on to give it another shot during the harder stages.
A real gem for fans of old school run and gun games and boss fight fans. Those who find it a bit hard but love the 1930's cartoon aesthetic will probably get more fun out of watching someone who's good at it play but I'm having an absolute blast with this game!

Been playing Galatic Civilizations III on pc rather badly and Sky force anniversary on PS4 upto stage 5. Once done all 10 stages I'll probably delete it off the PS4 if not before then.

Really need to get back into Persona 5, might have to restart it completely since I've left it alone for a while and I think I got to far along in game to be able to max out all the confidants.

Over the last week I've finished Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga 3DS, Lady Layton. Now my copy of Fire Emblem: Warriors has turned up, so off to another FE adventure I go!

I'm playing Enchanted Arms, clearing out the last gen RPG backlogs before I move to more current titles.

I've still got four 360 titles to go after this one:

Magna Carta 2
Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia

Back