What Games Are You Playing?

Got the platinum in Resident Evil. Working on RE7's platinum now, done the speedrun trophy and just got collectibles and madhouse trophies to do.

Gravity Rush Remastered [PlayStation 4]
Last weekend and yesterday I spent some time going through Gravity Rush again with this remastered version. It plays really well on the console and it's worth getting if you didn't manage to pick up the original version before. The trophies are easy, and since this comes with the DLC, they added a little more challenge but it was doable. Overall I got my 27th Platinum trophy.

Next up on my backlog I have:
  • Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (On-Hold as the disc is at home)
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (On-Hold due to not being caught up with the manga)
  • Steins;Gate 0 [Aiming for Platinum!]
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Ys: Origin
So here's the current Platinum progress in total:
2014 - 1 title
#01 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)

2015 - 9 titles
#02 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura (Senran Kagura Bon Appetit!)
#05 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | PS3 - The Darkness II

2016 - 8 titles
#11 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game

2017 - 9 titles
#19 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV
#23 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | Vita - IA/VT -COLORFUL-
#26 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered

I'm currently playing through The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the Switch but i got Nioh and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 on the back burner KH is quite an interesting game to play when you haven't played the others i've no idea what's going on haha i also play the MMO Final Famtasy XIV fairly regularly

I played a lot of Stardew Valley, saw pretty much all of the story and completed the "main objectives" (such as they are) and I've probably achieved everything I'm likely to. I wouldn't mind completing the trophy list, but one of the trophies requires you to complete a mini-game that is completely unrelated to the main game, takes a while to play and is heavily dependent on luck (plus you have to complete it without losing a life, which just makes luck an even bigger factor). I tried it a few times and got pretty much right to the end but it's no longer fun so I'll probably just leave it.

The story isn't quite as great as I'd hoped, it's not bad and the characters are still kind of fun but things just lose momentum towards the end and the "ending" of the main storyline is pretty weak really. The gameplay still works well and there's plenty to enjoy so the game as a whole is really quite good and I'd recommend it to fans of similar games and those curious about these kinds of farming games.

I'm not really sure what to play next, I wasn't going to get Mass Effect: Andromeda on release but I'm kind of tempted to now that it's getting close.

Nice one man! Finished it not that long ago, how hard was madhouse difficulty?

Thank you :) I had done the speedrun trophy before I attempted madhouse, so I had the circular saw and x ray glasses to help me. A few boss fights gave me a bit of trouble,
Mia in the attic,Jack in the boathouse and the 2 fat molded in the mines
but once I got past them it was very easy.

Was half tempted myself, but the whole "Beat the game in 4 hours" trophy sounded a bit too tough.

Actually I had no trouble with the speedrun trophy, I combined it with the 3 heals/3 item box trophy too, so I made it with 9 mins to spare lol

I started playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild last Friday and finished the main story last night. Clocked about 47 hours in the end, but still going to go back and finish all the shrines and quests. This game was a really important one for me because not only is it a game I've been excited about for numerous years, it's also one I thought might finally be able to top The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as my favourite game. Now that I've finished, I'm pretty sure it is my new favourite but I also feel kinda conflicted for a couple of reasons I'll drop into a spoiler tag.

When I first played Twilight Princess I'd picked it up at launch on a whim. I liked the design of Wolf Link and really wanted the ability to play as him, but I'd never played a Zelda game before. By the time I'd completed the game I'd fallen hopelessly in love with the hero dressed in green and his adventures to stop evil. I was only 11 when I played the game and I hadn't yet really realised just how much I liked simple adventures like this - tales of the good vs evil. Because of this Twilight Princess is a game that went on to become a big part of who I am and my taste in media (things like my love of adventurers, stupid generic stories of those wishing to become heroes and vibrant fantasy worlds) and I've enjoyed every Legend of Zelda game I've played since.

Now Breath of the Wild is a different kind of beast. We're still in Hyrule and Link is still the hero, but how we adventure and the adventure we have feels very different. This isn't in a bad way, I still adored the game and its lore and Link's goofy expressions as we took selfies (yes that is an actual feature...) but a part of me questions if the story managed to hit the heights that TP did for me.

A lot of this is because the final boss battle was fairly underwhelming. I stormed Hyrule Castle and found the root of evil, but in this game Ganon only went through two forms and the first one, while interesting in design, was an easy fight. The second half was exhilarating but I'm not sure if it was as fun as my fight in TP.

I think I'm also rubbed slightly the wrong way by the presence of a 'true ending' in which you have to collect all the memories. I did get the ending but if I hadn't the game would have been really incomplete and a part of me is bothered by that. I dunno, I don't think people are wrong when they call this game the game of the decade but at the same time these couple of niggling things still bother me when it comes to the game being my personal favourite. Even if it hasn't managed to kick Twilight Princess off its stand though, the game truly is a wonderful adventure. I still have so much left I can explore going forward. ^^

While I won't have much time for the next couple of weeks I did manage to try out two new games I picked up recently - NieR Automata and Ys Origin.

Let's start with Ys Origin. This is the PS4 version of the game that was released on PC a decade ago, the animated cutscenes have aged a fair bit but the overall game plays really well. I'm actually having quite a lot of fun with its Action RPG gameplay and while the first boss was a bit tough the gameplay kept me going. I am aware this is a grindy game but the fights are fun. If you have yet to pick this game up it's £15.99 on PSN with crossbuy support for Vita (Vita version is available this May).

And of course we have NieR Automata. I played around 3-4 hours on the game so far and I had some skeptism at first because I had to get used to the new combat system compared to the first game as well as its setting and story. But so far I am warming up to it and I am really enjoying this game the more I give it a shot. It is open-world like the first game but is way bigger and you can even backtrack to the first level which I didn't expect. The sidequests is back and this time it's still doable, and yes the upgrade system will be a grindfest haha. The music is also very good, but personally I don't think it'll top the first game though but I've only played a snippet of this 80+ hour game (yes you read that right, this game has 5 different endings and beating the first playthrough doesn't complete the storyline, much like the first game and the Drakengard games as a whole - upgrading or buying all weapons I can guarantee will be a requirement as the other games were). Currently Level 9, and got 4 sidequests done.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention one other game I played a fair bit of; Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX for the Nintendo 3DS. This is the first 3DS game I've bought since August 2015, so it's been a while. The music rhythm game is pretty good on the device and I like a few of the songs so far. Well worth the £19.99 purchase from Rice Digital considering it's out of print.

Got a copy of Far Cry Primal from library on last thursday and i'been playing it. It has been a rollercoaster because first i was bored by it being another formulaic open world game with boring missions but when i got saber cat as a partner it got little better. Then the broken sprinting started to really get my nerves (this game kills your thumb) and i started to hate the game again but you eventually get a skill to ride some of the animals and things got better again. It's not really good game but i'm still going to finish it. I do like the animation in the cutscenes though. The characters are pretty expressive.

Playing Zelda, not clocked in anywhere near the hours as Demelza, taking things slow and steady. Probably played for around 20 hours but still barely scratched the surface. No dungeons done, 80 korok seeds found, 20 shrines completed and only ventured in to 4 of the map areas......too much time wondering round, exploring and doing nothing really! No idea when i'll finish this. Thinking it might take me months.

Bought Blaster Master Zero on Thursday. As soon as this was announced as a launch day game in Japan I knew I wanted it, and so glad it came westwards so quickly. Put a couple of hours in to it and it's great fun and well worth the £8.99 price.

It seems like the sprinting part wasn't a problem with the game, it was actually problem with the controller and i'm not the only who has this issue. I have to send it back but because i just loaned Gravity Rush 2 and Digimon World from library i think i will have to bear with it until i have played those.

I was one of those people who got upset when it turned out that Gravity Rush 2 moved onto PS4 (as expected) but i think it was for the better. The game looks nicer on the PS4 and and the controls are better. The sliding didn't work badly per say on the vita but the challenges required you to be really precise which just wasn't possible with the set up and lead to hairpulling.

Anyways. Collecting gems is fun in the game but the missions kinda drag. Music is still great like in the last game and i like the characters.

Sliding in the original Gravity Rush was better than in its sequel, sliding along bumpy surfaces would royally screw up the camera and controls in spectacular ways like that newspaper delivery challenge. I also found the new gravity styles to mess upthe controls pretty badly especially jupiter style

The combat in the first game was very basic so i give them props for trying to make the combat have more depth but yeah.....the game is real clunker with it's new styles and faster combat which just doesn't fit the gravity gameplay.

I don't feel like ranting the game so i all i say that i liked the characters but otherwise i hated the game. The first game certainly wasn't fully realised and was kinda shaky product but i had high hopes for the sequel and the game just didn't deliver. The the second game quickly became boring with it's constant "where's waldo" quests. The combat was more akward and you never want to fight enemies that you don't have to because they no longer drop gems so killing optional enemies is pointless. The bosses were also for the most part just awful and the twists of the story felt kinda forced.

The game did look nice but the only time i really had fun with it was while collecting gems and doing challenges.

My gaming life has been completely eaten by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch. Current statistics look like this: 10 hearts, 2 full stamina wheels, 46 shrines completed, 107 Korok seeds found, 4 towers activated, 1 Divine Beast beaten, and "played for 70 hours or more" according to my Switch's profile page. Still so much to do, too!

I'm honestly absolutely loving this game. Since the advent of 3D gaming I've largely struggled to get into any of the 3D Zelda games (despite deeply wanting to like them) nor open world games (Skyrim, for example, bored me within three hours), but Breath of the Wild drew me right in. The freedom to climb virtually anything immediately caught my attention, but all of Link's new abilities really opened up the world for me, too. Even now, after spending 70+ hours in this world, I'm still running into countless new and often exciting things. It's all completely blindsided me. For all of the shortcomings Breath of the Wild apparently has plot-wise, it's easily one of my favourite games in years. I never thought that I'd admit that about any of the 3D Zelda games...

(Minus Hyrule Warriors. It's stupidly fun.)

Complete Episode Gladiolus
k00HVA0.jpg

Would have been faster but I paused for lunch

Still slowly going through NieR Automata, been busy with Uni work as per usual. Managed to acquire Ending A and B this month at least.

C7FFzORXkAAuf38.jpg

C8C1BSRWsAQsbib.jpg

Back