What Games Are You Playing?

Have been playing Life Is Strange on good ol' compy. I do enjoy these adventure games that have a multiple choice route on outcomes as it gets me thinking, 'Hmm I wonder how it would have gone if I didn't pick up the phone?' More specifically to this game itself, it has a nicely presented character design, that looks like its been painted (most noticeable with there hair), and the unique feature of a rewind ability that if unsure about your choice you can rewind and play it differently. Course it has it's limits and you cant rewind indefinitely, yet its a feature I don't think has ever been a feature before. Thankfully it doesn't have such the confusing nature of so many time travel shows

Civ II was one of the first games I ever played as a kid - but I stopped PC gaming around 2008 after around three years playing World of Warcraft - just couldn't be fussed with keeping a gaming PC continually up to spec.

Guess it's one of those frustrations that strategy games never have and probably never will really work on consoles.

Finished the final chapter of Life is Strange couple days ago. I'm all not that too surprised by the ending really, but the scenes of Max's nightmare where quite a head trip

So I've finished the Dark Souls 3 DLC, certainly the weakest souls DLC, can't say I think much of the majority of it which is a shame as it's pretty damn short to begin with (there's 2 bosses, 1 is optional....). With that said the last boss is up there with my favourites, not particularly difficult just really cool so it kinda redeems it for me.....still not great though, or perhaps I'm just burnt out on Souls games at this point.

Last edited:
Been playing Final Fantasy X HD on my PC in 4K over the past week or so. When I originally had this game I got about 90% of the way through and became unstuck during the
Seymour Flux
battle. Reached this point last night, and he's still a complete bastard, but I managed to ge through after a few attempts, now to see the ending!

Funnily enough I got stuck on that exact same place too - I think it's a notorious spot!

I remember having to leave my Playstation on all day mid-fight while I went to school, and then pick it back up again once I got home.

Got my Plat on Super Dimension Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls.

A good entry in thr series just a little short. Dreamcast is best girl heh.

I never did work out how to unlock IF or Segami's last class though...

currently playing civilization 6

i'm not a day one purchase kinda gal but dammit i did the deed and i was very satisfied with that decision

Tried out my NES Mini today. Love the interface and design. Playing Dr Mario brought late 1980s memories flooding back. Put this away for Christmas now as it's a gift for the whole family, and hopefully we get plenty of play time over the holidays :)

CxCGvdcXEAEo0tp.jpg

Judgment Demo came out on Japanese PSN, been giving it a go.

I've started playing Amnesia (the otome game) as I noticed it was free on PS Plus a little while back - it seems to have more multiple choice options than most VNs I've played in the past, so pretty engaging so far.

Started GTA 3 a two days ago. Already completed 30 of the 73 missions. I'd never played this one before, but it's really hard to get into. The driving mechanics and combat/aiming is really basic. Story has been pretty non-existent too.

Bought Bound by Flames too, which looks like a pretty decent dungeon crawler. If I like it, I might move onto Technomancer (by the same developer).

Seen that a lot of games I was interested in a year or so ago are around the £10 mark, so I might get a couple of them.

Civ II was one of the first games I ever played as a kid - but I stopped PC gaming around 2008 after around three years playing World of Warcraft - just couldn't be fussed with keeping a gaming PC continually up to spec.

Guess it's one of those frustrations that strategy games never have and probably never will really work on consoles.

I'm not into PC gaming too much either. I've seen that Wasteland 2 is on the PS4, so I might check that out, since I loved Fallout 1-2 and Wasteland.

Never played the earlier Civ games. I was more of an Age of Empires guy lol.
currently playing civilization 6

i'm not a day one purchase kinda gal but dammit i did the deed and i was very satisfied with that decision

I'm not one for buying at launch either. I'll probably just wait 2 years and buy Civ 6, like I did 5. What Civ are you playing as? :p

Oh same, I was definitely into Age of Empires too - I poured hours into the first two games - the campaign modes especially. They were just so well put together.

And I always had a free pass to play the games as a kid too as they were 'historical' so my parents figured I was at least learning something from them.

Back