What Games Are You Playing?

Been playing Assassins Creed Unity since yesterday, my pre-order arrived from gamestop on Wednesday (2 days early :D).

I'm on Sequence 5 atm, so far it's been pretty good, nothing amazing yet though. The new parkour gameplay is pretty good for climbing up and down buildings, feels much more fluid than before. Unlike the previous games, you can now customise the character with skills, weapons, outfits etc by using currency such as Creed points.

Finally a good team!

2i6f42r.png

Well, after WWE 2k15 was a flop (yeah, improved gameplay, but a dead atmosphere and no creativity = bad review!), I swapped for Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) for an extra £10.
£10 totally and ACTually worth it! :D

Played Mass Effect again, this time on PC. This shall be my 4th major playthrough (technically I've done 5 before; one for Veteran, one for Hardcore, one for Insanity. Two others however were to max out the achievements on 360 like Biotics and Engineer types and to hang out with the squad-mates for a majority of the game).

Game feels different due to the HUD and PC specific gameplay elements (Hacking for instance is different to the 360 version) but still a fun game to play.

I think I've dedicated about 300 hours across all three Mass Effect games (at least 30 hours per playthrough; 3 in ME1, 3 in ME2, 2 in ME3).

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth(PC) - Man this is addictive. i play about 2-4 games a day spread out when i need a break from something and it's so good. It's far better than the original, especially now it's not a flash game. I tried hard mode for the first time today and while the enemies and damage isn't too much different, the lack of any drops at all makes every half a heart count. i think i went 3 floors without getting a single key, so 2 treasure rooms missed D:

Dota 2 - i jump in this in waves. i generally play about 1-3 games a day at present. I think i'm getting relatively good at it too. I'm at the 3200 MMR ranking overall which is still average, but now i understand the game, i've been winning a lot more than usual.

Samurai Warriors 4 - Got the unification of japan and the legend of Sanada to do to finish this game off now, at least Story Mode wise. It's by and far the best warriors games i've played in a long while. A lot more depth to it which you wouldn't normally catch, plus the story modes are fun and interesting. Samurai Warriors 4 II might be worth a pick-up now as well...

Shin Megami Tensei IV - I made a start on this when it was released finally last month, but i've not done much on it yet. they don't kidd about when they say it's hard. They don't hold your hand as you start off, you can pretty much die in one hit the minute you get to start battles. I think that's probably going to spur me to blitz it soon enough. I miss actual tough games. "Hard" difficulties have become quite the running joke recently, especially with AAA titles. I miss the days of Halo 2 Legendary and such =/

Looking forward to Tales From The Borderlands and Game Of Thrones episode 1's to come out. Hurry up Telltale!

Last played some Doom 2 with the Brother and Boy. Gutted Doom 3 is 1 player!

Assassins Creed: Black Flag

I usually don't like Assassins Creed games, but I bought this one on a whim for my PS4 and my word is it fun. I think it's the free roam pirate sim feel to the game that I enjoy the most seeing as naval combat and Kenways Fleet are the two most addictive things to it, but even so I'm over half way through the main story and still enjoying it (usually get bored of the stealth elements).

britguy said:
Assassins Creed: Black Flag

I usually don't like Assassins Creed games, but I bought this one on a whim for my PS4 and my word is it fun. I think it's the free roam pirate sim feel to the game that I enjoy the most seeing as naval combat and Kenways Fleet are the two most addictive things to it, but even so I'm over half way through the main story and still enjoying it (usually get bored of the stealth elements).

Yeah, the stealth elements suck - luckily they got rid of the mandatory 'tail' missions in Unity. But I'd probably still rank Black Flag as better - the ship battle sections are incredible, and I still reckon it's one of the best showcases for the true power of the PS4.

Lutga said:
Yeah, the stealth elements suck - luckily they got rid of the mandatory 'tail' missions in Unity. But I'd probably still rank Black Flag as better - the ship battle sections are incredible, and I still reckon it's one of the best showcases for the true power of the PS4.

Yeah the sun soaked Caribbean setting looks fantastic on the PS4, I also love how the game looks during a storm while out at sea! Naval battles in the midst of a thunder storm with rogue waves and the occasional water cyclone are great.

Well, Telltale Games' Tales From The Borderlands is out. My Brother downloaded it last night. Can't decide whether to play it tonight (he always watches in case I choose different choices so he gets to see something new) or all the way on the 13th when my Mums out all night and I'll be sleeping over at home "looking after" him. Hmmmmm.

I hope Games Of Thrones episode 1 comes out soon as people are already doing walkthrough and review videos!

Finished Assassin's Creed Rogue a few days ago. It's basically Black Flag 2 with more focus on the best bits (sailing), the annoying stuff ripped out (tailing missions) and a great story (Assassins are the baddies for once, which I hope happens in some future games as well). It's only half the length of a typical AC game, only six sequences, and I think that works in it's favour as the story doesn't get dragged out. I'd say it's easily the best game of the Americas trilogy and the best since the Ezio trilogy, and quite possibly my favourite of them all. The ending links into Unity (not really a spoiler, you know it will end in France early on) and makes me want to buy a Xbox One just so I can keep playing.

Aside from that I'm still playing Xcom, on my fourth playthrough.
Started Akiba's Trip as well, which is... different.
Ace Combat Infinity continues ever onward as you would expect from any good F2P game, a big update yesterday put a new division of aircraft in (Bombers!) which will take me a few weeks to get my hands on.

Finally got to start playing Smash for Wii U. The game is a massive, massive improvement over the 3ds version (Which by smash standards I barely played), especially in regards to the choice of stages.
I'm glad that there also seems to have been some balance patches since I last played, most notably for me is that Lucina's side B combo's now properly connect to one another, whilst on Smash 3ds they just never seemed to work like they should.
Neither of the two new games have given me the same sense of wonder and excitement that Melee and Brawl did at first though. Maybe I'm getting old :3

One thing that I'm disappointed about is that the sound effects are still the same. Moves still sound like they have absolutely no impact to them - something which never came up as an issue in the previous games to me.

I got Dragon Age: Inquisition on Xbox One for my birthday at the end of November.

To be honest, at first I didn't enjoy it. They've limited your potions, you can't talk to companions outside of the main camp, you don't automatically heal after fights, removed the storage chests - which were a blessing in DAII, can't switch weapons mid fight - which is annoying as I usually like to switch from bow and arrow to dual welding daggers...meh.

But a side from that, it's rather enjoyable and the decisions do have consequences, which is good. Although at the moment I'm not really liking the companions, minus Varric. Hopefully they'll grow on me.

GolGotha said:
I got Dragon Age: Inquisition on Xbox One for my birthday at the end of November.

To be honest, at first I didn't enjoy it. They've limited your potions, you can't talk to companions outside of the main camp, you don't automatically heal after fights, removed the storage chests - which were a blessing in DAII, can't switch weapons mid fight - which is annoying as I usually like to switch from bow and arrow to dual welding daggers...meh.

But a side from that, it's rather enjoyable and the decisions do have consequences, which is good. Although at the moment I'm not really liking the companions, minus Varric. Hopefully they'll grow on me.
You'll get a big decision to go one of 2 ways - Help Mages or Templars. Now I chose Mages as my 1st play-through - And I like the attitude of the companion you get from it. And obviously, I have no idea what the other route goes like.
But it seems like the Rogues of DA: Inquisition have the better banter mid-game/scene cuts. I just wished that at present time in the story - I had chosen a mage with more fire spells than ice.

In every Dragon Age game I have sided with the Mages, although I had planned on eventually going through Origins several times as I liked how to introduction was different depending on your character, so will probably side with the Templars in one playthrough....

My brother accidentally sided with the Templars for Inquisition though, so it will be amusing to compare it with him.

Oh really? Perhaps I will do that later on and see what it's like then. Annoyingly, there is hardly any banter in this in comparison to the other games, which upsets me....it was always so amusing.

Properly late, but I finally started playing Danganronpa this week and I'm loving it - very similar to Virtue's Last Reward obviously, but I feel like it's better executed. It totally toys with me heart too - who do I buy gifts for? And will they be in danger...

Telltale Games' A Song Of Ice & Fire.

BRILLIANT.

I'm just hoping everyone got the same ending as I want to redo my choices if not :p

I also played Telltale Games' Tales From The Borderlands on the weekend too. So good :) I love that Troy Baker and Laura Bailey voice your playable characters too!!!! *fan girl moment*

Back