What Games Are You Playing?

NormanicGrav said:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
Finished the Prologue, I like some of the characters (the pop singer, programmer, baseball guy and swimming athlete for instance)
No mention of Kyoko? Dat Kyoko.

IIxS5J0l.jpg

Danganronpa's a great game; you're in for a wild old ride.

fabricatedlunatic said:
NormanicGrav said:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
Finished the Prologue, I like some of the characters (the pop singer, programmer, baseball guy and swimming athlete for instance)
No mention of Kyoko? Dat Kyoko.

IIxS5J0l.jpg

Danganronpa's a great game; you're in for a wild old ride.

Ah yes, the ??? girl. Yeah she's amusing too.

I've been playing Borderlands The Pre Sequel with my Brother. I think we're both level 24 now. We've just finished one of the skill trees, put it that way lol. I'm Athena. Her shield special still isn't amazing to me tbh. Sigh. I much prefer being Maya and Lilith. Maya's skill being my favourite. I wish Gearbox stuck with 2K on it for sure. I'm glad they got the US Actors back for the main characters (Handsome Jack! <3) but why on earth couldn't they keep/re-use the Barry The Chopper sounding voices for the Psycho's/Scavs, it makes me sad :(

Kingdom hearts 1.5 Remix - Made my way to the End of the world defeated Chernabog easiest boss in the game in my opinion, currently finishing of the side quests just completed the Synth list after 3 days of grinding materials, completed all of the tournaments in time attack and single mode apart from Hades cup after that its time to start the Gummi ship missions :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Chapter 1 of Danganronpa - what a twist. The chapter took me about 5 hours to complete and that trial was pretty intense. I never realised 11037 spelt Leon upside down until Kyoko (I think that was her name, aka the ??? Ultimate) pointed it out. But still can't believe Sayaka was going to betray Makoto. 3 down, 12 left.

Kingdom hearts 1.5 Remix - Completed the Hades cup on normal mode, on my own and time trial, defeated Phantom and am currently level 88. Just need to get to level 100, defeat Sepiroth, Kurt ziza and Unknown, Complete the Gummi ship missions and I should have all the trophies.

Since it was Halloween last night I decided to play one of my visual novels for the first time.

Saya no Uta [The Song of Saya]
This game is ****** up. No joke, haha.

On a serious note, the game (despite being relatively short, around 6 hours overall for me to get all endings with save points) has a really good story to it. There were quite a lot of scenes that made my jaw drop when they occurred on the screen. Gen Urobuchi did a really good job writing this story and I have to give him props for it as quite a lot of the background story was explained in certain parts of the novel. Now just to note since the version I have is the 18+ version there are quite a few H-scenes in the game (about 5 overall). The first one literally appeared completely out of nowhere and the fourth one felt like Saya just photo bombed a picture (if you played the game you'll know what I mean).

Now what about the endings? [SPOILERS]
- Ending 1 was the first one I received, this was more of a cop out in a way because he basically gets his senses back to normal and then later sent to a mental hospital due to the next door incident. I figured it was a nice ending since no one in the main core group got killed aside from Koji's girlfriend.
- Ending 2 and 3 took a different direction. The background behind Saya and the person she was looking for was explained and **** just gets weird when Omi gets turned into a monster like the next door neighbour. The difference between 2 and 3 is that one group dies while the other doesn't, and vice versa. Out of the three endings in this game, I'd say both endings were probably equal to each other in certain extents though I did prefer Ending 2 since it gave Koji some closure between him and Fuminori and the events that happened. Of course it wasn't a happy one but it felt quite strong in the end. Ending 3 was also good but that felt like a Neutral/Bad End in one perspective, then again so did Ending 2.

To conclude, Saya no Uta is worth checking out if you like Gen Urobuchi's works and want to try a horror esque visual novel. There are options to censor the graphic content when you create a new game for those who dislike that type of stuff. For the price I spent for it, it was too much due to the length. I'm not sure if I should keep hold of the game though, the UK law probably doesn't allow this stuff unless it's for private use.

Lords of The Fallen

Very enjoyable game. CHallenging and i've died plenty of times, but I keep coming back. Will act as a good way to whet my appetite before Bloodborne in February.

Theatryhthm - Curtain Call

Pretty much aced out the majority of the basic stages, and getting on to the stages where Ultimate level songs are the standard - and My God is it damn hard!

Finished Borderlands The Pre Sequel last week. Was nice to see why/how Handsome Jack got his mask. I'm happy they've left it with the potential for another game albeit one that would occur after Borderlands 2 meaning no Jack :(

Borderlands 2 is still the best one.

After spending 21 hours on the campaign, I have finally completed my first Vita game (story wise).

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
First of all:

Danganronpa_DONUTS.jpg

I'm so happy Hina is alive (and also Kyoko too).

This game does bring a lot of despair from not only the deaths that occur but also the supposed plot twist near the end, despite the fact that we will never know if it was fact or fiction. Given the fact that Danganronpa 2 and Another Episode exists (note I don't know much about the story with these two), it's pretty much a good guess that whatever the mastermind said was literally BS and nothing happened to the outside world other than a possible copycat who was obsessed with the events of Hope's Peak.

I would assume the best way to describe this game is that it's Phoenix Wright + Professor Layton + Visual Novel + Bear Puns + Battle Royale/Virtue's Last Reward* = Danganronpa.
*I don't this but I did have a go at the 3DS demo which acts very similar to Danganronpa, correct on this if you want either way but I will get it at some point for the Vita.

The game was pretty intense as you wouldn't know who would get killed off and who's the killer (in some cases it was obvious or implied but my brain usually turns off at these points, too busy spending my time in free time on about donuts) and the trial sections were awesome. The music is great (if the OST is available on its own I would definitely pick it up) and yes I used the Japanese voice cast since both Doraemon's VA and Shinji Ikari's VA were part of the cast - both did an excellent job I'd say.

So overall I recommend this game, it's fun and the pacing is very good. In fact during MCM Comic Con NIS Europe told me that due to the popularity of its sequel's release so many people went out and bought the first game which resulted in the EU Physical copy to be no longer in print so if you find one brand new I suggest get it now (the US version will be around and since there's no DLC it won't be a problem for anyone).

Will I get Goodbye Despair lol? Yes I will, probably at Christmas.

Decided that I was spending too long either looking bored or watching someone else play games...
So I ACTually went back to playing Pokemon: Soul Silver. Found out I was still trying to beat the Elite Four in Johto. Fun times...

Finished:
FFXIII: Lightning Returns. Only one achievement left to get whenever I replay it next, the 100 Soul Seeds/Elixir one.
Forza Horizon 2 (360 version). I enjoyed this at first but that quickly waned. There is very little structure to the competitions, you can use whatever car you like and will always face opponents in similar vehicles, which sounds nice at first but you soon realise that the game never pushes you to do better or improve your skills which makes this game a very empty experience. I also noticed that the very high end cars are so fast that I cannot control them, maybe I'm just getting old.

Starting:
Xcom. This is becoming very addictive, very quickly. Lost my first soldier yesterday, a Chinese rookie on his first mission who looked very promising and already had 3 kills to his name :cry:
The Walking Dead Season Two (on disc). Every bit as good as season one was.

*Ath beats a game alert*

Finally finished Tales of Xillia 2 last night. Pretty good sequel despite the reused areas! Bring on Zesteria.

Infamous Second Son

Tried infamous two before and didn't really enjoy it but this clicked with me straight away. Great visuals, fun gameplay and even though I thought thr main character looked like a douche he's a really likeable guy

britguy said:
Infamous Second Son

Tried infamous two before and didn't really enjoy it but this clicked with me straight away. Great visuals, fun gameplay and even though I thought thr main character looked like a douche he's a really likeable guy
My thoughts exactly. I had so much fun with this...one of my favourite games ever. First Light is really good too.

I just played through Gone Home - and it was beautifully written and a really touching love story - but... not a game. Like, I bought it because I had a £10 voucher for Game that someone had given me - and I don't own a console and that was the only PC game in the York branch that I either didn't already have, or had no desire to play. But, I feel like if I had spent £10 of my real money on it I might have felt a teensy bit short changed.

Because however wonderful the story is, and however many awards it had won, and however nostalgic it made me for the late nineties - especially due to the fact it came in a SNES game box - it was still just a story.

It took about 40 mins to finish. There's no peril, no challenge (other than finding all of the clues to get the fullest story possible). And once it was over, I did feel "Wow" and "N'aww" - but also "That was the intro, right? I get to do something now?"

I wouldn't spend that much on a DVD of a 40 minute movie. And I could have got just as much of the good effects by watching a Youtube video of someone else playing.

Back