What Games Are You Playing?

MaxonTreik said:
I've made a start on Super Mario Galaxy 2.
I got SMG2 for my birthday. Three years ago. I've actually been thinking about playing it recently because I got a Wii U not too long ago.

But at the moment I'm chest-deep in Danganronpa 2 (if you have a Vita and you're not playing this, you should be) and Rune Factory 4. I had to sell my UK 3DS and buy a US one in order to play RF4. Worth it.

Been playing the Smash demo on 3DS a fair bit and have gotten quite accustomed to it now. Link is a lot lot stronger than i expected, which makes me happy. I can properly go full out on my main again.
I'm also playing a lot of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on PS4 lately too. It's a great bit of fun to end the day with. Feels a bit easier than it was on PS3, but still a decent amount of challenge in there.

Also, as of tonight i'm starting on Hyrule Warriors on WiiU. Brothers copy arrived early today so i'm going to give it a good hour or two tonight and see how it plays. I'm really looking forward to this.

Starting a new game on Deus Ex: Human Revolution. This time I'm going for the hardest difficulty, and so far it's actually been easier, I guess it's because I've already played through the game before, so I know how to deal with things, plus I'm finding a few side quests that I didn't before. I've been managing my Praxis points a little better this time around, I've already got hacking level 5 and I've not even got to the first boss yet, whereas last time I didn't even get my hacking up that high by the end of the game.

Finished Thief the other day, not as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be when it was first released. Not to say it doesn't have it's flaws though, one of it's main problems was not having fast travel for the different parts of the city became quite a pain going back and forth from one of the furthest parts of the city to another far away part on my collectible run or to do challenges on completed chapters. Overall it's worth a go if you like stealth/slow paced games, my rating for it would probably be 6.5/10.

Also been playing Persona 4 Golden every so often this week, enjoying it so far.

Should be starting episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us at the weekend too :D

DragonBlaze67 said:
Finished Thief the other day, not as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be when it was first released. Not to say it doesn't have it's flaws though, one of it's main problems was not having fast travel for the different parts of the city became quite a pain going back and forth from one of the furthest parts of the city to another far away part on my collectible run or to do challenges on completed chapters. Overall it's worth a go if you like stealth/slow paced games, my rating for it would probably be 6.5/10.

Also been playing Persona 4 Golden every so often this week, enjoying it so far.

Should be starting episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us at the weekend too :D

Also been playing P4G, currently stuck on shadow Kanji on hard difficulty

Hyrule Warriors - Seeing as i've been playing Zelda games since around 1990, I was always gonna buy this (even thoyugh it's a different genre) and i'm loving it! Great fun, adventure mode will last me a long while.

Hyrule Warriors - I actually beat the story for this last night after playing it for the majority of the last two days. It's such good fun. They do a good job of capturing the feel of Zelda whilst incorporating it into the Warriors style. And let's be honest, being able to go take out waves and waves of enemies with the zelda cast is just too much fun not to do. Going to go back through and play it again on Hero mode, play some adventure mode and see what the challenge mode is like before i write a review for it.

Finished Bioshock 2, I'll get the third game someday. Now starting FF13: Lightning Returns. I'm not convinced by this new battle system, the system from the first two games was always my favourite part of the series and I don't see why it had to be replaced. The whole 'against the clock' time management system is both interesting and frustrating in equal measure, but from what I've heard this game is designed for multiple playthroughs so it might not seem so bad this time next week. The storyline is as weird as always. Overall though I'm enjoying it, albeit not to the extent that I'd hoped.

Been playing these few for the past few weeks:

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn (PS3)
I went into this after finishing Gundam 1 a year ago and I'm enjoying it a lot. The gameplay is great, the cut scenes are awesome (using screenshots from the anime in addition to CGI cutscenes for space battles) and it's Dynasty Warriors basically. In case people haven't played this latest instalment but have played the first three DW:G games - there are two modes (Official and Ultimate) similar to Official and Original. In the Official mode, you have 6 campaigns - Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny. I've so far finished the main Char/Amuro storyline in the game (Gundam to Char's Counterattack) and it's great, even though I have never watched the Gundam anime franchise I did get a good understanding on what's happening in the series. My only complaint is the fact that given the title is called 'Reborn' they could have at least added more campaigns like Gundam Wing (+ Endless Waltz), Gundam 00, Gundam AGE, Turn A Gundam and ZZ Gundam - even if some of these aren't as great. They do however have some of the characters from these shows in the game.

But overall I'm loving it, I'm hoping they make more Dynasty Warrior Gundam games for next gen (imagine 10,000 enemies on screen and you get to wipe them out with 1 Gundam, if that's even possible). I do have Gundam 3 dispatched, unfortunately I sent it to my home address instead of my new flat so I'll be missing out on that game until the end of the year (best to save it anyway).

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (Tales of Symphonia HD specifically) (PS3)
I put ToS on hold due to other stuff going on so I figured I left it long enough. I've made some decent progress so far, got to the point where the first boss fight outside of the village (in the desert tomb, after meeting up with Colette) is done. I'm actually surprised the battle still continues when you are dead because it's very common that once you're dead it's game over but your teammates can get back up - in ToS, you can get revived by making sure you have the revival item and make one of the teammates do it. Overall gameplay is very enjoyable (Hybrid Action RPG / Final Fantasy style RPG) and I will try and get the game finished eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus early last week or maybe the week before.

Finished Dawn of War II Chaos Rising. They finally got round to patching this a week or so ago to remove Live for Windows.

Playing sly cooper thieves in time on the PS3 at the moment.

The Last of Us: Remastered

My word. I will be honest, i played the PS3 game for about an hour before turning it off and never turning it back on, got this with my PS4 bundle (digital code) and was tempted to sell it straight on, but decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did, really enjoying it so far, Joel and Ellie are great, the world is beautiful (i'm addicted to photo mode and taking screenshots) and the soundtrack is stellar.

I've been playing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS since I finished downloading it at 00:45am (okay, I took a break to sleep but ssh). Already unlocked all but one character.

Finished TLOU:R. Brilliant experience. The music, visuals, story and characters were all superb, and even though the gameplay was not quite to my tastes (not a huge fan of stealth or shooting) it couldn't detract from an otherwise amazing achievement by Naughty Dog.

Knack - I can see this getting repetitive

Child of light - beautiful to look at and fun to play with an enjoyable combat system.

Pix the Cat - Free with ps+ and genuinely fantastic. The most addictive hi score game I've played since pac man ce dx. Plus ive just unlocked two new modes (one a 1920s cartoon looking mode full of timed Challenges the other a science mode with puzzles based on your number of moves). I implore everyone with a ps4 to try this asap.

Have been playing a lot of KH2FM (2.5 ReMIX). Don't usually give a toss about trophies, but I'm at 91% trophy completion and I want to complete this, but someone thought it was a good idea to include trophies to do with Gummi Ship Missions :/

Kind of want to start on Birth By Sleep, but part of me doesn't want to since I played so much of final mix on the PSP.

Mangaranga said:
Have been playing a lot of KH2FM (2.5 ReMIX). Don't usually give a toss about trophies, but I'm at 91% trophy completion and I want to complete this, but someone thought it was a good idea to include trophies to do with Gummi Ship Missions :/

Kind of want to start on Birth By Sleep, but part of me doesn't want to since I played so much of final mix on the PSP.

How are you finding the organisation battles and the secret boss of FM+? i found them pretty challenging on the PS2 FM+, but i don't know if they rebalanced them or not for the PS3 remaster

Back