What Games Are You Playing?

Still playing Ace Combat: Infinity, but the servers are down for maintenance for a few days so I'm taking a break whether I want to or not. Making good progress, I have my three planes of choice (the three British-built ones of course, which is conveniently one of each type) levelled up nicely with plenty of juicy upgrades on them. I'm looking forward to the new aircraft and maps after the maintenance is complete.

I was also playing Watch Dogs over the last two weeks, and finished it today. It's basically just modern day Assassin's Creed. Still a decent enough game but not that memorable. Speaking of which, I've (re)started Assassin's Creed 3 today. I started it when it was first released but got bored and abandoned it. I figure it's about time I tried again since I also have AC4 in my backlog (I only got it because I found the special edition going cheap, which is also how I ended up with the Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition as I didn't intend to buy either game), and I really need to reduce that pile.

Mario Kart 8 online isn't very fun when you're miles ahead of everyone else. I also tried playing a bit of Splinter Cell: Blacklist but stealthy games really aren't my thing. I kept on getting noticed, then killed (because once you've been seen, you basically have no time at all). I then tried to see if I might fare better online but...trying to find an online game for anything on the Wii U that isn't called Mario Kart 8 is a challenge in itself.

I just dunno what it is lately...I'll only be able to play a game for about 15 minutes without getting really bored, other than Pokémon Trading Card Game, which was released on the 3DS Virtual Console last week and I spent a whole day playing.

Got 120 stars in Galaxy 2, not sure whether i'll go for the green stars but all I know is that this is a masterpiece. One of the best games i've ever played.

Played a lot of Threes during my holiday. I've improved a lot, but haven't quite cracked it like I did with Lumines (the last puzzle game I remember enjoying this much).

Just started on Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door. I can't recall how far I got in to this when I originally owned it but gonna try my best to go all the way this time.

Finished off Transistor last night. Fantastic title, had some stellar moments and the soundtrack was superb. Very much in the style i've come to love from SuperGiant.
Next up, i'm looking to blast through FarCry 3 and Blood Dragon. Should be fun, especially for BD

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so getting the DS out - I've got Hakuoki and Virtue's Last Reward to finish off, so I'll be all visual-novel'd up by the end.

Rena Ryuugu said:
I finished Persona 4 Golden today, I really loved the story and all the characters in it. Now I can make a start on story mode in Arena now.

Did you go through a single playthrough or did you do it 100% with the extra dungeons (Marie/Margaret) and golden ending? The game was a pain to complete fully without a guide because you had to pick specific options and do specific things to get to the full truth. Just thought I'd ask because it's easy to miss out and if you've got one of the bad endings it's worth loading up and doing it for the true ending even if you can't get the golden ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a start on Idolm@ster 2 today. I picked Haruka as the leader of my group and had Makoto and Chihaya as the members.

serpantino said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
I finished Persona 4 Golden today, I really loved the story and all the characters in it. Now I can make a start on story mode in Arena now.

Did you go through a single playthrough or did you do it 100% with the extra dungeons (Marie/Margaret) and golden ending? The game was a pain to complete fully without a guide because you had to pick specific options and do specific things to get to the full truth. Just thought I'd ask because it's easy to miss out and if you've got one of the bad endings it's worth loading up and doing it for the true ending even if you can't get the golden ending.

I'm planning on going through the game again after a little break from it, as I will like to platinum it as I really enjoyed the game. I did do Marie's extra dungeon and I got the true ending

Last edited by a moderator:
Now playing Assassin's Creed 4. The naval warfare is really refreshing, not just for the series but for games in general, you don't often find something new in games and I can't help but wonder why it's never been done before. This is the best AC game since AC2 imo.
Still going in Ace Combat Infinity, and also have started replaying Fallout 3... again :p

Finished Tiny Tina DLC on Borderlands 2...well except for the two invincible bosses. My Brother and I, we cannot win :p

I also finished playing Heavy Rain. LOVED IT....apart from the Origami Killer reveal. They could of done sooooooo much better with that. That's all I'll say :p

Was going to play Beyond Two Souls next with my brother since I can be Aiden but hehas one motion controller so that's put a holt on it. Shame.

-Danielle- said:
I also finished playing Heavy Rain. LOVED IT....apart from the Origami Killer reveal. They could of done sooooooo much better with that. That's all I'll say :p

It sure did fall on it's backside there but then they did the same with Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US) that was a great game but got very silly and the endings were largely daft.

I don't have Beyond two Souls yet, it didn't seem to review that well, but can't one of you play with the move controller and the other play with the regular PS3 controller? Or did you mean the PS3 controller is the only motion one? @^_^'@

If you enjoy games like that there's another called Shadow of Memories which came out on Playstation 2, Xbox and PC that was a good game, though not by the same people. You time travel about trying to solve the mystery of your own murder and it has multiple endings.

Yeah the one you get with the console is the only montion sensor one, the second one he got with the console isnt and sadly you need 2 motion sensors as we played about 30 mins of it I think and I was able to do a fair bit, right up until one of the things Aiden can do, you can start it fine but trying to stop it, you need to be able to like shove your controller in the air which sadly doesnt work with the second controller. My Brothers suggested we play as a one player and whenever it switches to Aiden he just hands the controller over to me to do the Aiden bits. Sounds a bit fiddly but maybe we'll do that.

I'll mentio Farenheit to him as Heavy Rain was the gamble I purchased for his Birthday that he LOVES so now hes obsessed with games like that. I was thinking LA Noire for his gamble Christmas present too but I don't know how much/little like Heavy Rain etc it is. Like I dont want it to be like GTA for example :p

-Danielle- said:
Yeah the one you get with the console is the only montion sensor one, the second one he got with the console isnt and sadly you need 2 motion sensors as we played about 30 mins of it I think and I was able to do a fair bit, right up until one of the things Aiden can do, you can start it fine but trying to stop it, you need to be able to like shove your controller in the air which sadly doesnt work with the second controller. My Brothers suggested we play as a one player and whenever it switches to Aiden he just hands the controller over to me to do the Aiden bits. Sounds a bit fiddly but maybe we'll do that.

I'll mentio Farenheit to him as Heavy Rain was the gamble I purchased for his Birthday that he LOVES so now hes obsessed with games like that. I was thinking LA Noire for his gamble Christmas present too but I don't know how much/little like Heavy Rain etc it is. Like I dont want it to be like GTA for example :p

I've completed LA Noire and it's kinda in between. It's an open world and there's some shooting and driving but there's also quite a big adventure game element, going over crime scenes and looking for clues, following up those clues, getting new information and leads, chasing down/interrogating suspects etc. I'd say it leans more towards the action but it's an enjoyable game and can be picked up for around £5 preowned fairly easily so might be worth taking a chance on.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I think I'll take a gamble and get it him along with Farenheit.

I'm finding it difficult to find games in this niche for sure. It all began with the waiting in between Telltale Games' episodes so I wanted to get something like it and that's where Heavy Rain flagged up as a good one.
It's like Diablo 3, I want to get him something exactly like that where you can have 3 players as I swear sometimes gaming with the boy and I is the only social interaction my Brother gets sometime (just like me but with anime when I was 14 :p).

There's a lot of action RPGs on PC that can be played over the internet or lan but they're a bit slim on consoles, the same with point and click adventure games.

Only ones I can think of off the top of my head are: (edit: all action RPGs)

Dungeon siege 3 (look into the co-op I remember it being crappy for some reason).
Deathspank- one of those had local co-op, (digital only game)
Torchlight- Not sure if it has local co-op, PC had no coop but I think console did(digital only)
Sacred 2
Lord of the rings- war in the north (more a 3rd person fighty game.)

Most games focus on online co-op now as it's way easier to code.

Back