What Games Are You Playing?

Started LA noire. Game is quite good but interrogation scenes are annoying. There's a fine line between doubting a story and thinking it's a lie. Aren't they the same thing?

Beat Steamworld Dig. Brilliant game.

Started Final Fantasy X for the first time. After XIII, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to play a Final Fantasy game where I actually quite liked the cast from the beginning :p Yes, even Tidus has been fine so far. I love the tropical ambiance of the game and the soundtrack is top notch. I'll not have too much time to play, but I'm looking forward to slowly making my way through it.

Crawling towards the end of Persona 3 too. Must make sure I finish it before the end of the week. The imminent arrival of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright will accelerate my efforts.

britguy said:
Started LA noire. Game is quite good but interrogation scenes are annoying. There's a fine line between doubting a story and thinking it's a lie. Aren't they the same thing?

I quite enjoyed L.A. Noire but the interrogations are sadly the worst part I would say. Nothing quite like picking "doubt" and Cole (I think that's his name? Haven't played for years) screams at them :lol:

Cel said:
I quite enjoyed L.A. Noire but the interrogations are sadly the worst part I would say. Nothing quite like picking "doubt" and Cole (I think that's his name? Haven't played for years) screams at them :lol:

:lol:

That made me chuckle at work, that's exactly my thought too. You pick doubt and you expect a "hmm that doesnt sound right" then you get a "no Mrs____ you killed your husband didn't you!".

I might resort to a walkthrough for the interrorgation scenes but i'm starting to get better at the tells.

Hotline Miami;
Jesus H Christ on a bike; how hard is it to implement "Zelda" controls outside of the intermisions (Because the Robotron controls are awful)? The Game is downright unfun as it is.

Played a few over the past few days:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Nabbed this via PS+ a few months back, despite the annoying aspect ratio I'm enjoying the game a lot. I hear there's a quest where you can nab some Berserk armour so I should find that at some point. Great action RPG from Capcom.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd (Demo - Japanese only)
I want this game now.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Demo - Japanese only)
This game is fun. Fighting the CPU on Tetris is rather amusing.

Yakuza: Ishin (Demo - Japanese only)
Never played the Yakuza franchise before and while this game is a re-imagining of setting the franchise into a historical samurai period, I'm enjoying the gameplay. I didn't finish the demo due to a chasing sequence in which I have to run away from 3 people in town. I did play other parts like fighting other people and that rather funny hot bath scene. If this game gets a translated release I would buy it.

Playing Deus Ex Human revolution director's cut, I would say I felt a bit cheated as I'd already bought but not play the original 'vanilla' version and there was no "hey you own the game and the DLC, he's an upgrade to the director's cut" kind of deal but hey it only cost me £8 on PSN.... but who am I to talk about cheated when I'd happily paid £22 for ground zeroes like everyone else despite constantly ranting about the awfulness of MGS4 and Peace Walker.

Anyway digressions... It's taken me a while to get into it, UI picked non lethal and picked the up close stun thing which I wasn't happy with so I restarted and went non lethal and distant for the perhaps even worse slow tranq gun, but I've gotten better at not getting spotted while sneaking and as a result haven't resorted to using any weaponry yet.

Done the first mission and now the world is opening itself up with lots of sidequests, and I can see where some of the comparisons to Dishonored are coming from now, though I actually prefer Deus Ex so far because it doesn't have stupid perks.

Also playing Senran Kagura on the 3DS, pretty good, I like and have always loved beat em ups, not a fan of fan service and this game has it in tons, but it's not bad for a quick 5 minute burst here and there when you have smaller time slots to fill.

I'm a little slow on the uptake here, but I visited Aika Village in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Brilliant stuff, especially the girl's speech deterioration. Really hats off to the creator of this.

Was creeped out in the exit house's 'secret room'.

Quite how much time this took to do is astonishing.

Did 'cheat' a little though and sat besides the plaza tree to see the history of the place :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently started playing Project Diva F after noticing a post about the 2nd game coming soon :D

Pretty fun game still.. and its nice to come back after a while, instantly get into the game and start getting good scores at long last :D

I finished Borderlands 2 last night. I felt gutted :(

We have unlocked a new play mode so maybe my brother and I will do that some time as it'll be nice to still play as Maya, just they'll be no Jack :(

Looks like Telltale Games The Walking Dead will get more/all the attention for now.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (Japanese ver.)

THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

First Japanese PS3 import. I never got properly introduced to the vocaloid world, I was aware of the kind of stuff Miku and her friends have done but I didn't realise the music they've done is actually pretty good. At the moment, my favourite Miku song is probably Tell Your World because it's catchy and fun to play. Nearly passed the song on Extreme difficulty but it's quite tough.

Oh did I mention the Nyan cat song is in this game and voiced by Miku, I did not see that coming.

Hotline Miami (PS3 ver.)

Got this for free via PS+. This game is strange and tough. I remember reading somewhere that as a 2D shooter it's quite violent. You and the enemies have 1 life to survive, that's a daunting task especially when a dog comes out of nowhere and kills you.

^you seem to have a better idea of what to do in this game than me, I'm getting nothing but cheap rankings, mostly cause my button presses are 'fine.'

Question1: the button prompts all seem to have a rotating arrow in them, am I supposed to hit the button with the left analogue stick facing in the general angle of the arrows or is it okay to just hit prompted button on it's own. Those arrows consuse me especially when there's two of them insode one button at once like clock hands.

Question 2: on the ones where you hold it down are you supposed to use the analogue sick or the d-pad? it just seems easier to use the D-pad... but then I'm the guy clearing songs with a 54 ranking...

Omaru_SD said:
^you seem to have a better idea of what to do in this game than me, I'm getting nothing but cheap rankings, mostly cause my button presses are 'fine.'

Question1: the button prompts all seem to have a rotating arrow in them, am I supposed to hit the button with the left analogue stick facing in the general angle of the arrows or is it okay to just hit prompted button on it's own. Those arrows consuse me especially when there's two of them insode one button at once like clock hands.

Question 2: on the ones where you hold it down are you supposed to use the analogue sick or the d-pad? it just seems easier to use the D-pad... but then I'm the guy clearing songs with a 54 ranking...

Well I half-get what you're asking (my apologises on that one) but here's what I know based on my experience:
Button shape - Press the button based on the shape (i.e. X means button X or D-Pad Down)
Coloured arrows - Press both the d-pad and the button at the same time (i.e. a blue down arrow means press D-Pad down + X).
Stars - Flick the left analogue stick.
Full-coloured stars (Diva F 2nd only) - Flick both analogue sticks (left and right).
Button shape w/long stretch - Hold the button based on the shape until it finishes.

The tiny spinning arrows around the shape doesn't mean anything from what I noticed. Here's some more help if you need any.

Thanks, i'll go back to it tomorrow, after doing alright in games like guitar hero and FF theatrythem, it's a bit daunting to not be making any progress on a game like this... hopefully practice will make me better.

Same rules apply to Miami Hotline, it's probably best to try and figure out how to best approach each room, remember you can use stealth and things like doors to knock down an enemy as they walk in front of it.

NormanicGrav said:
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (Japanese ver.)

THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

First Japanese PS3 import. I never got properly introduced to the vocaloid world, I was aware of the kind of stuff Miku and her friends have done but I didn't realise the music they've done is actually pretty good. At the moment, my favourite Miku song is probably Tell Your World because it's catchy and fun to play. Nearly passed the song on Extreme difficulty but it's quite tough.

Oh did I mention the Nyan cat song is in this game and voiced by Miku, I did not see that coming.

Hotline Miami (PS3 ver.)

Got this for free via PS+. This game is strange and tough. I remember reading somewhere that as a 2D shooter it's quite violent. You and the enemies have 1 life to survive, that's a daunting task especially when a dog comes out of nowhere and kills you.

Need to pick project diva f up recently been playing project diva 2nd and extend on the PSP, my favourite songs are Ai kotoba and package for project diva 2nd and electric angel for Extend

I'm a couple of hours into BioShock Infinite (PS3) as it's this one of this month's freebies on PS Plus. Certainly seems like an interesting story so far.

Super Mario 3D World: Glorious Fun. Up to 3-1 atm and it just keeps getting better

Xenoblade: Put a few hours in to this, brilliant music and art direction. Great world to just walk around in.

Back