What Games Are You Playing?

I've been playing Slender: The Arrival so you don't have to get nightmares. It's straight forward enough to play in that the levels I've played so far consist of "do this and don't get caught by Slender" but it's brutally effective in making you paranoid, scared and wanting to quit and go play something else because 'it' might be around the next corner. You're given free reign to explore the levels with the proviso that 'it' will start looking for you after a few minutes regardless of whether you've started on your objective or not. That being said it's well worth taking the time to go poking around the levels to get a better sense of the locations (lots of tat lying around to collect in other words).

It's short, there's no blood and guts, some knowledge of what Slender can do will help (watch Marble Hornets for this) and the gameplay doesn't vary that much from what I've played. But this is still the best horror game I've played since REmake and it's also longer than RE2 which everyone seems to be in the thrall of.

Started Atelier Meruru.

Man, Meruru is an energetic one; she reminds me of SuperTed for some weird, unknown bizarre reason.

Seeing the 'memories' of Rorona and Totori on the disc splash screen was endearing, too.

Just finished my first playthrough of Fire Emblem Awakening. Wow, that was brilliant stuff. I'll go back to Crimson Shroud next, then I'll start a second playthrough of Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem: Awakening.

So in my game, Kallem and Sully got married. However, Kallem was killed in the battle against Gangrel. After the timeskip, I meet Kjelle - Sully's daughter who is the same class Kallem was. She is looking for her mother, with nothing but her mother's ring on her - which turns out to be Sully's. But then, Kallem died at least 2 years before Kjelle was born.

Then Libra, a priest, proposed to Tharja - a dark mage who practices hexes.

This can only mean one thing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing MGS: Peace Walker on the HD collection. Surprised at how huge the scope of the game is, it's definitely a great expansion on the usual MGS experience. Really enjoying it so far.

I've been replaying the hell out of Persona 3 in anticpation of the recently released Persona 4 Arena. I received my copy of Arena a coupla days ago too and wow is the yellow vinyl soundtrack my favourite ever preorder bonus!
Anyway I'm playing the Portable version of P3 after thinking P4G worked so well portably and I love it, I actually think the 'point and click' navigation mechanic works well for portables and it kinda feels like the story is sped along compared with the 3D version. Only thing I really miss is anime style cutscenes.

Annoyingly I don't feel I can start Persona 4 Arena story mode until I've finished P3so I can remember the plot etc.

Started playing Bioshock infinite today, was enjoying just exploring the city when the game drops you in to combat in a heartbeat. I'm not big on FPS's but I'm enjoying this so far.

Also got to play the Last of Us Pre alpha demo today, it was a fun 20 mins or so that has sated my appetite for another 5 weeks. I don't know that difficulty it was set to but it didn't seem as tough as I was anticipating though I still managed to get killed once. It's going to be a fun game though.

Just starting the second year in Atelier Meruru (population 11000+).

It's quite admirable on just how much Mimi's character has grown up in this...

Which is quite the opposite of Rorona, to say the least.

Enjoying it, but the music seems less adventurous and mythical than Totori's.

Since I've given up hope on Chunsoft fixing the infamous save game bug, I've decided to chance it and resume playing Virtue's Last Reward. As long as I don't save in the puzzle rooms I should be OK, otherwise I shall be most displeased. :evil:

The game itself is excellent anyway, this really is a true sequel to 999:Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

Ath said:
Since I've given up hope on Chunsoft fixing the infamous save game bug, I've decided to chance it and resume playing Virtue's Last Reward. As long as I don't save in the puzzle rooms I should be OK, otherwise I shall be most displeased. :evil:

The game itself is excellent anyway, this really is a true sequel to 999:Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

I never saved in the puzzle rooms and had no idea that bug even existed until later. Found the game far too hard to put down and generally wouldn't save until I hit an end or a 'to be continued'.

I think they should've drove home a little more that it was a true sequel to 999, as if you go into it not playing 999 a lot of the endgame loses it's meaning. I think a lot of Vita players would probably have ended up very confused.

What do you think of the art style shift? Since this is an anime bard you might actually back me up on preferring the 2D of 999? Bth brilliant games regardless :)

I don't mind the 3D models at all, the standard character models for when they are talking are fine. However, when they're used for cutscenes and other events they look a bit dodgy, kinda like mid-90s CG. I'm quite fond of that though so it's OK :p I agree that the 2D art style of 999 looked better though.

Also I got through the PEC room last night without encountering the bug so I should be OK now, fingers crossed.

Star Trek

right then set about 2 months before Into Darkness this game deals with an invasion by the Gorn, the game has really good visuals and voice acting but the game itself is a tad glitchy, had to restart from a checkpoint because an enemy got stuck in the door after I took him out and I couldn't go forward, However one thing I don't like as a Trekkie is The fact that the Gorn in this are from another galaxy I mean what on earth! but I'm quite enjoying it nonetheless

Max Takeshi said:
I must be the only person in the world who thought Virtue's Last Reward was appalling beyond belief :lol:

I doubt it, with the visual novel style thing going on and the frustrating puzzles I'm pretty sure 90% of people who played it from downloading on PS+ would;ve turned it off within half an hour of play never to look at it again.

I think presentation-wise they have a long way to go but the ideas are there and it's a cool experience if you like that kind of thing. I kinda preferred 999 in many ways but the 'flow' mechanic in Virtues was what made it.

Just finished Virtue's Last Reward.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I want that third game as soon as humanly possible. What an ending! My head hurts a bit from it though.

I didn't run into the bug thanks to some careful playing. I am still disappointed that the English dub was removed, there were loads of moments where the text really didn't match up with the voices, plus we missed out on the cockney robot. Still, I really enjoyed it, absolutely a worthy sequel to 999.

FourthLion said:
Max Takeshi said:
I must be the only person in the world who thought Virtue's Last Reward was appalling beyond belief :lol:

I doubt it, with the visual novel style thing going on and the frustrating puzzles I'm pretty sure 90% of people who played it from downloading on PS+ would;ve turned it off within half an hour of play never to look at it again.

I think presentation-wise they have a long way to go but the ideas are there and it's a cool experience if you like that kind of thing. I kinda preferred 999 in many ways but the 'flow' mechanic in Virtues was what made it.

Oh no, I got it alright. Was a massive fan of 999, but VLR had some truly horrific storytelling and plot flaws. Really couldn't believe this was from Kōtarō Uchikoshi.

Gah! I just get mad thinking about it :lol:

I did pretty much dislike most of the characters in Virtues. They ruined Clover (what the hell was she wearing) and the Alice twist a little, K was just stupid, Quark mostly pointless and Luna rather dull.

Some of the story telling was a little clumsy but no more than the true ending of 999 or most video game/anime storylines really.

Bonjour, I'm after getting Resident Evil Revelations for my Brother for his 13th Birthday, I've already bought him some random game for the PS3 he wants but I thought I'd get him another since you're only 13 once! So, does anyone know if anywhere is cheaper than play.com for it? - http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/ ... d:42000237

Also, it states that raid mode is 2 player but is that like 2 player if he connected online and played with a randomer or does that mean I can plug in a handset and play with him?

Back