What Games Are You Playing?

I've been working on Fez since it came out on thursday last week. I can assure you this is an xbox live title worth picking up, especially if you love puzzles, as this game is literally filled to the brim with it. Apparently, there is still only one person who has completely the game 100%, and that is the developer himself. Noone has figured out the last two puzzles yet. I'm only on my first playthrough as well, getting what i can when i can find it. It even has QR codes in the game you can scan, it's madness. Pick it up.

Castlevania said:
Nope, but more platforms are being considered.

My guess is if it sells well on XBLA then PSN will get it.

i think there was a reason why they decided not to go onto PSN. I know that PC was being considered at least. I'll double check before i say it was reason x without knowing for sure though.

It's much like Bastion i think, which from what i know still has no plans for a PSN release, but has been ported from 360 to PC. It is set for PC in the next few weeks, but nothing at all for PSN.

L.A. Noire

I got so bored recently, I invested a whole £Not-many-pounds into buying this at last. I'm a little late to the party, but boy, is it a good party?! Sinking far too much time into this at the moment, and feeling like a replay immediately afterwards to see how things (admitedly, only dialogue) would change had I actually got everything correct. I'm a truly useless detective; I just doubt 75% of anything anyone says. Still, it's enjoyable, and I do love this type of game. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the driving area-to-area. I'm a useless driver, and after consistently failing to not-hit-things due to impatience, I've just taken it upon myself to drive like Frank Drebin of Police Squad (Now in colour!)

Killzone 2
I invested a whole £Even-fewer-pounds into this. I'm really bored by it. I don't like FPS for a reason, but I did have an urge to play an FPS recently. Glad I didn't invest anymore than I did into this. I'll probably play another hour of it one day soon though...

And about to re-start/continue (Likely restart so I don't forget vital plot points) Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Been really feeling like playing this lately, so as soon as L.A. Noire is completed, I'll probably be blasting away at this. Hopefully I'll be posting about it, too! I'd like to discuss this (and L.A. Noire, actually) with Ayase particularly ;)

Strangely addicted to Killing Floor and just recently started The Last Story yesterday. TLS is a little stale but by no means bad from what I've seen so far.

ayase said:
"I never asked for this..." he groans, though it is barely audible as his mouth is filled with half-chewed aspirin.

glol.

With reference to my last post, this has made me want to continue Deus Ex even more now :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Deus Ex just on the side in my room along with AC revelations and MW3, maybe one day i'll actually put them in the ps3.... i'd have to turn the ps3 on for once for even a remote chance tho lol.

Don't think i've been on it in about 4 weeks.

playing dawn of war winter assault at the mo. i really want soulstorm though, if anyone sees it being sold for £5 or less please let me know.

Cheers!

Shirayuri said:
...about to re-start/continue (Likely restart so I don't forget vital plot points) Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Been really feeling like playing this lately, so as soon as L.A. Noire is completed, I'll probably be blasting away at this. Hopefully I'll be posting about it, too! I'd like to discuss this (and L.A. Noire, actually) with Ayase particularly ;)
Hint taken. We should talk more man, it's been a while.

I wasn't quite so enamoured with L.A. Noire, I felt like I desperately wanted it to be good, but several things really frustrated me about it. Mainly the interviews and the fact that Phelps acts in such a an anti-social manner during them that you never quite knew what he was going to say (can he accuse anyone of anything without flipping out?) I'd have preferred a more standard RPG style "choose the actual sentence your character is going to say" approach than the somewhat vague "because this piece of evidence" - Often I would choose a piece of evidence based on what I expected Phelps to communicate to the suspect, and often I was completely wrong in my assumptions.

Glad somebody got a laugh out of my little screenplay. How far did you get in HR the first time, and have you ever played the original Deus Ex? Boss fights not withstanding HR lives up to pretty much everything the first game was IMO.

ayase said:
Hint taken. We should talk more man, it's been a while.

For sure man, I've not been on the forums for quite some time. Maybe I'll make some time more soon.

ayase said:
I wasn't quite so enamoured with L.A. Noire, I felt like I desperately wanted it to be good, but several things really frustrated me about it. Mainly the interviews and the fact that Phelps acts in such a an anti-social manner during them that you never quite knew what he was going to say (can he accuse anyone of anything without flipping out?) I'd have preferred a more standard RPG style "choose the actual sentence your character is going to say" approach than the somewhat vague "because this piece of evidence" - Often I would choose a piece of evidence based on what I expected Phelps to communicate to the suspect, and often I was completely wrong in my assumptions.

No no, that's completely understandable. I am nearly always wrong with evidence too, lol. The thing I love about it is the charm; I have a place in me for cheesey cop shows. I just feel like I'm playing Police Squad: The Game! lol. So yeah, my Phelps, he's Frank Drebin to me :p I'm loving the side-story in the newspapers too...

ayase said:
Glad somebody got a laugh out of my little screenplay. How far did you get in HR the first time, and have you ever played the original Deus Ex? Boss fights not withstanding HR lives up to pretty much everything the first game was IMO.

I did play it, didn't get far though sadly. Had other games on at the time. I got to the point in which I'm just about to fly to Hengsha, I believe. Not far. I've only beat the first boss and done a tonne of side quests. Loved it, but don' remember any of the story :/

Probably safest to restart but those side quests took hours.

Arbalest said:
Castlevania said:
Nope, but more platforms are being considered.

My guess is if it sells well on XBLA then PSN will get it.

i think there was a reason why they decided not to go onto PSN. I know that PC was being considered at least. I'll double check before i say it was reason x without knowing for sure though.
lol, I don't think we have to be too careful with this one. MS paid for exclusivity, it will hit PC eventually, and PSN the other side of never.

Cathe said:
I got Witcher 2 (360) and Portal 2 (PS3) in the post today so i'm playing those.
Don't forget to check out the free Witcher app that covers the story of the first game, I believe. Give you a more complete experience, seeing as you might be new to the series.

Mutsumi said:
Cathe said:
I got Witcher 2 (360) and Portal 2 (PS3) in the post today so i'm playing those.
Don't forget to check out the free Witcher app that covers the story of the first game, I believe. Give you a more complete experience, seeing as you might be new to the series.

Thanks for mentioning that, I was wondering how I could catch up on the story as I'd only ever made it few the first hours of the first game (I borrowed it I think) and didn't want to miss out. Gives me more inclination to pick it up now.

Shirayuri said:
The thing I love about it is the charm; I have a place in me for cheesey cop shows. I just feel like I'm playing Police Squad: The Game! lol. So yeah, my Phelps, he's Frank Drebin to me :p I'm loving the side-story in the newspapers too...
Hmm, maybe taking it seriously is where I went wrong! Set in the '40s with a name like "L.A. Noire" I was expecting Phelps to have more in common with Humphrey Bogart's detective roles than Leslie Nielsen's. Ultimately he just struck me as having a massive stick up his ****, and when I find it hard to empathise with the character I'm playing, the experience tends to become a little soured.

ayase said:
Shirayuri said:
The thing I love about it is the charm; I have a place in me for cheesey cop shows. I just feel like I'm playing Police Squad: The Game! lol. So yeah, my Phelps, he's Frank Drebin to me :p I'm loving the side-story in the newspapers too...
Hmm, maybe taking it seriously is where I went wrong! Set in the '40s with a name like "L.A. Noire" I was expecting Phelps to have more in common with Humphrey Bogart's detective roles than Leslie Nielsen's. Ultimately he just struck me as having a massive stick up his ****, and when I find it hard to empathise with the character I'm playing, the experience tends to become a little soured.

That'd definately explain our difference in opinion. One moment I loved was when speaking to one of the old ladies...

Phelps: Thank you for talking to us Ma'am, now, do you know anything about the jewelerry she wore?
Old Lady: Oh... no, no I don't.
*Truth: Correct*
Phelps: Ah, I see thank you. [Next question] Well, maybe you know where she went last night, and when she left?
Old Lady: Mhm... She must have left around 9 o'clock but... I don't know where...
*Doubt: Correct*
Phelps: Oh come on! A nosey old hag like you must know where everyone is going under her roof! You expect me to believe you don't know where she went last night?!

I did glol at this point, haha.

Trying out Cthulhu Saves the World after spotting it on sale with Breath of Death VII on Steam the other day. Loving the classic SNES-style RPG gameplay, but more than anything the writing just makes me laugh. There's no 4th wall at all and it's hilarious!

Continuing with Dark Souls (despite angry fist shaking).

I have no idea at all how the hell you are supposed to beat Four Kings without Havel's Armour/Iron Flesh.

Still... I've just upset Frampt :( No more item chewing :(

Back