What Games Are You Playing?

Ath said:
Ahhh yeah I saw that, here's the official line:

We can confirm that Nintendo Wii Game, Pandora’s Tower has been officially removed from our website and is no longer available to order with hmv.

What I think this means is that all pre-orders will be fulfilled but they've run out of the limited edition slipcover for all three Rainfall games that they were offering as a pre-order bonus. I went with HMV for The Last Story but delivery has been super slow from them lately so I stuck to Amazon for this one.

Panic over. I checked my emails last night and HMV have shipped it.

Awesome, mine is "Dispatching soon" on Amazon, hopefully it should be here tomorrow. My FMA: Sacred Star of Milos Blu-ray dispatched this morning as well, today is a good day :)

Weird, I liked Reach a lot more than ODST. I mostly don't get Halo anymore though, I loved 1 & 2 last generation but I just can't get behind the franchise this gen.

Finished Asura's Wrath, was great apart from the fact there is 'chapter 18' and 'true chapter 18' which are EXACTLY THE SAME except the former has a longer end cutscene.You still have to play the same half hour bit of gameplay to get to it though... WHY? Can't wait for the chapters 19-21 DLC though.

Last edited by a moderator:
FourthLion said:
Weird, I liked Reach a lot more than ODST. I mostly don't get Halo anymore though, I loved 1 & 2 last generation but I just can't get behind the franchise this gen.

Finished Asura's Wrath, was great apart from the fact there is 'chapter 18' and 'true chapter 18' which are EXACTLY THE SAME except the former has a longer end cutscene.You still have to play the same half hour bit of gameplay to get to it though... WHY? Can't wait for the chapters 19-21 DLC though.

I loved the original Halo: CE but over the course of the series it just got so serious and dull and grey and portentous.

I am now in possession of a fighting stick. Thus far I have found SNK frolics to be more accessible than the regimented gameplay of its rival company. (There is a lower minimum value for the difficulty setting, amongst other things.)

Was quite weirded out to find that Fez was out today. Didn't realise XBLA games were out on a friday now...Still, Fez is rather good. If you like platformers with charm that is. The turning is far more than a gimmick and is actually used in really good ways. Keeps getting better as it goes along.

Speaking of XBLA, has anyone got Skullgirls? I was interested in it, although I wasn't sure whether to go PS3 or 360. I'd quite like some opinions on how it holds up as a fighter though. I usually only focus on one fighter at a time and I've already got my eye on Persona 4: Arena so wondering if it's worth my time with this as a stop gap, or even beyond.

Fez release date confused me too. I'm loving it though, really recommend it. Bought it on a whim and now I can't stop playing!

It's amazing how natural you find the turning/dimension shifting thing after just a few minutes of play.

Have gone back to Deus Ex: HR. I lost a certain amount of enthusiasm after the first boss fight and never got much further. I was really starting to enjoy it again - Then came the second boss fight. One hour and half a dozen walkthroughs later and... I still haven't defeated her.

Seriously, these fights should either be changed to suit all possible ways of playing or they should be patched out of existence. All my Praxis points have gone on hacking and stealth. No upgraded armour? Better not take her on head-to-head. No EMP sheilding? Can't blow the generators up then. What's the third option? Oh, there isn't one.

ayase said:
Have gone back to Deus Ex: HR. I lost a certain amount of enthusiasm after the first boss fight and never got much further. I was really starting to enjoy it again - Then came the second boss fight. One hour and half a dozen walkthroughs later and... I still haven't defeated her.

Seriously, these fights should either be changed to suit all possible ways of playing or they should be patched out of existence. All my Praxis points have gone on hacking and stealth. No upgraded armour? Better not take her on head-to-head. No EMP sheilding? Can't blow the generators up then. What's the third option? Oh, there isn't one.

Ayase, you're approaching it all wrong! Use your typhoon system.

Warning: Third boss is insane if you don't do what I did.

Yeah,
is basically a boss-bypass upgrade, the same way that speech can be used to bypass some otherwise combat or sneak oriented parts of the game. They really should tell you this more clearly though, as the bosses truly are ****.

The other option is the stun gun/grenades, usually.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Was quite weirded out to find that Fez was out today. Didn't realise XBLA games were out on a friday now
Yup, two arcade releases a week now is kind of crazy. It is the only thing the 360 really has going for it, though, as it is the last thing on there that MS are prepared to spend money on to prevent the games coming out on other platforms. I will pick it up once the points I ordered show up.

Speaking of XBLA, has anyone got Skullgirls?
Of course. :) EU PSN version has been delayed a few weeks, so 360 would be your option for now. It shares a few things with MvC2, and has a few things all of its own. It seems to be quite an... interesting game, but is not the easiest to play. The story in story mode is pretty cool though, compared with the usual stupidity you get. It would make a fine game to play until P4 shows up, sure.

Got a solid hour in of Pandora's Tower today. The macabre story has really got me drawn in, and combat is very solid too. It's a very different beast to Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story, but I'm enjoying it so far. The artwork and the music are both amazing.

Speaking of Xenoblade, fired it up for a bit too. I'm playing a New Game+ at the moment. As you can probably tell from my avatar, I frigging adore this game, it's now usurped Final Fantasy V as my all-time favourite RPG! I might have to revisit Xenogears one day, ragequit when I got to one infamous part but I should give it another go.

"She's coming for you Adam"

Jensen runs around the outside of the room. He's done enough damage to the generators that a single shot will send them up in smoke - at least he hopes he has. Yelena begins her charge towards him. Jogging backwards, pistol in one hand and an opened bottle of painkillers in the other, he lures her past the first generator.

Boom. The generator goes up. As planned, Yelena is caught in the blast. The wet floor electrifies to a lethal degree.

Jensen turns around and runs, leaping frantically into the air again and again to avoid the deadly voltage, pouring dozens of tablets down his throat from the bottle as he does so. The threat subsides and he finally has a moment to breathe.

He pops the lid on the third of what is to be seven bottles of painkillers.

"I never asked for this..." he groans, though it is barely audible as his mouth is filled with half-chewed aspirin.

Ultimately, Yelena is defeated.

"Will you save her?" asks Eliza.
"I don't know. Perhaps." replies Jensen. "If a larger part in this game has been written for her after this cut-scene was made."

Yelena's eyes roll back in her head with due cause.

Have got to a (no pun intended) dead end in Corpse Party.

While other situations beforehand led to specific 'Wrong end''s, this one has no way of avoiding it. A linear path is followed and then there's no decisions, no other paths to take, no nothing to stop this particular ending happening... Five surviving characters meet up in the bomb shelter and use the Sachiko ritual to 'warp' out, and then a (predictable) 'Repeat the day' incident occurs.

That means it's guide time, 'cause there's no way I'll work out what minute difference I should have made previously to get to the proper end (which is sooooooooooooooo close now).

Ath said:
Speaking of Xenoblade, fired it up for a bit too. I'm playing a New Game+ at the moment. As you can probably tell from my avatar, I frigging adore this game, it's now usurped Final Fantasy V as my all-time favourite RPG! I might have to revisit Xenogears one day, ragequit when I got to one infamous part but I should give it another go.

After I'm done with The Last Story I'm going to be on a New Game+, too. Level 99 playthrough. Gonna be a massacre.

So I'm playing Kingdoms Of Amalur and really getting into the blacksmithing system. Totally made a big green death blade..........that I couldn't use because my level was too low >.<

Max Takeshi said:

While other situations beforehand led to specific 'Wrong end''s, this one has no way of avoiding it. A linear path is followed and then there's no decisions, no other paths to take, no nothing to stop this particular ending happening... Five surviving characters meet up in the bomb shelter and use the Sachiko ritual to 'warp' out, and then a (predictable) 'Repeat the day' incident occurs.

That means it's guide time, 'cause there's no way I'll work out what minute difference I should have made previously to get to the proper end (which is sooooooooooooooo close now).
Is this the ending you've got? According to the comments you missed some vital items, so you'll have to start the chapter over (or at least from early on). Tough break, man. I got a couple of bad ends in this chapter, but thankfully for me it was because of small things that branched the plot late on, and I had saves not far back.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Is this the ending you've got? According to the comments you missed some vital items, so you'll have to start the chapter over (or at least from early on). Tough break, man. I got a couple of bad ends in this chapter, but thankfully for me it was because of small things that branched the plot late on, and I had saves not far back.

Aye, that was the one. Ain't got the foggiest where I missed anything :( Ah well, time for gamefaqs...

fabricatedlunatic said:
Max Takeshi said:

Same. I got this exact same ending and it was the only time that I had to use Gamefaqs. I can't remember what I didn't do but it was so small and insignificant...(Something to do with the room with the sheet monster and sachiko. I think) It's a shame cause otherwise it's a really good game.

ilmaestro said:
EU PSN version has been delayed a few weeks, so 360 would be your option for now. It shares a few things with MvC2, and has a few things all of its own. It seems to be quite an... interesting game, but is not the easiest to play. The story in story mode is pretty cool though, compared with the usual stupidity you get. It would make a fine game to play until P4 shows up, sure.

Ah, fantastic. Yeah I was curious of 360 over Ps3 (mostly as I'd want to use the ps3's dpad as I don't have a dedicated fight stick for either console) but with the delay it kind of ruled out the ps3 version. Nice to hear that it's somewhat different from the norm at least!

Back